Bardic Hums 03/24/2012 03:00 AM CDT
Is there any way to tweak the humming that the blasted Bards do that causes other players to show certain emotions? Cause there's a certain Bard (which I'll leave nameless right now) that has filled my screen with 4+ pages of those mournful hums until she has one or more people shedding tears. Is there not a way to put a timer on them if the first hum fails/succeeds and they would be unable to get a success after the first few tries? Cause seriously ruining the RP when this Bard just randomly pops in and within 5 seconds, my screen is full of mournful hums.

Bard hums a mournful dirge.

You see a single tear track down Player's cheek.
Re: Bardic Hums 03/24/2012 03:21 PM CDT
Seems to me the problem is not the humming but the misuse. Solving bad RP with mechanic limitations just doesn't feel like the right way to go.
Oh and by the way, you don't get to use "blasted bards", that's mine.

* Malik was just struck down!
Re: Bardic Hums 05/17/2012 09:08 PM CDT
I realize this is old, but uh this is a problem that you encounter when playing with other people. Just because someone's actions doesn't fit the way you were seeing your roleplay go, doesn't mean they shouldn't fit in there. Music moves the soul and alters moods, why can't it in the game too?