beginners complaint- dirty winds 04/04/2011 04:52 AM CDT
when one purchases a txistu <the easiest wind instrument, to my knowledge> from the peddler, it is sold in filthy condition.

with a beginning bard character i find it tedious to sit for an hour trying to clean the thing.

<for those who say - ask someone to clean it, in the instances i play, and at the time I play - <plat and TF - predominantly overnight>, it is difficult to find anyone else around or awake to do same>

Couldn't these instruments be sold a little cleaner, as they are meant for beginners?

thx.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: beginners complaint- dirty winds 04/04/2011 07:39 AM CDT
With current play mechanics, a variety of instruments can be used at 0 ranks.

My bard used an ocarina.
Re: beginners complaint- dirty winds 04/04/2011 02:23 PM CDT
The easiest Winds instrument is the mirliton from the Leth carver. Works at 0 ranks for all guilds.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Winds

I just realized that this list probably needs to be updated by someone with much lower skills than I. I compiled the lists of instruments by difficulty using comparative methods and extremely high skill levels, so the low end might not be correct.

I can confirm that the mirliton is easier to play than the whisky jug and the txistu. Just checked that out with a newb character.

Get ye to a mirliton.

GENT
Re: beginners complaint- dirty winds 04/05/2011 06:13 AM CDT
ok, thanks for all the advice....

... tooting away on a mirliton now!

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath