Re: Mojo 04/12/2009 10:36 PM CDT
Again, I must agree.

Please remove the time restriction on checking mojo.

Thanks
GENT
Re: Mojo 04/13/2009 07:24 PM CDT
I'd also like to see the timer removed on checking 'mojo' and actually, could we get a quiet option for it? I hate having to sing or flip 6 feet in the air every time I want to see whether or not I can scream a few more times.

Also, I still <3 bards.

~ Terra
Re: Mojo 04/13/2009 10:15 PM CDT
The timer on checking mojo never seemed to make sense... Please remove?

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Mojo 04/13/2009 10:16 PM CDT
Yeah it would be nice if we could just get the info without looking so flamboyant.

Not that there's anything wrong with that..

GENT
Re: Mojo 04/13/2009 10:43 PM CDT
I'll see what the reason was for the timer, and if it could be removed, or at least lessened.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Mojo 04/14/2009 12:06 AM CDT
>I'll see what the reason was for the timer, and if it could be removed, or at least lessened.

Fantastic.

Can you ask how many levels of mojo we have? Its hard trying to document it (x3) without knowing how many levels I'm trying to capture.

Pretty please? :D

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/
View my RPnerderiffic IC journal here!
http://ysselt-dr.livejournal.com/

It will cost you 248 TDPs to raise your Charisma from 99 to 100
Re: Mojo 04/14/2009 09:20 AM CDT
There are five levels. They were documented in Dreamheart's ASSESS script. No idea where that is at this point.

Personally I use the DANCE assessment. It's the easiest one to identify because of this line:

"When the verse ends, you wrap up with a flourish and pose, a wide smile upon your face."

That's top tier. If it's not that, I practice until it is. Plus it amuses me to type "practice ass dance".

- Useff

Macfrae frowns at you as he says, "BAH! You already know that enchante. Why make me repeat things for you when you already know the answer? You owe me a beer for this!"
Re: Mojo 04/14/2009 11:18 AM CDT
>Plus it amuses me to type "practice ass dance".

Ditto. I have the script though can't get to it currently if someone needs it.

~Eoworfinia~
I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Re: Mojo 04/14/2009 12:28 PM CDT
I recently tanked my mojo to try and nail down the messaging and noticed that it seems to be drifting back upwards, without practice or playing. Has anyone else noticed this before?

Thanks
GENT
Re: Mojo 04/14/2009 01:07 PM CDT
>There are five levels.

Except I have more than five levels of SING now. I currently have 8 different PRACTICE ASSESS SING messages indicating different levels of mojo. Which is why it would be nice to have a definite answer from a GM.

I know which message is the top one on each. However, I want to archive and list EACH messaging for information purposes.

Gent, I've noticed it too. It has been drifting back on its own for me, without singing or playing of any kind.

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/
View my RPnerderiffic IC journal here!
http://ysselt-dr.livejournal.com/

It will cost you 248 TDPs to raise your Charisma from 99 to 100
Re: Mojo 04/14/2009 02:33 PM CDT
There is another way to regain mojo which its possible that method continues while the affect is in play. Practicing breathing and stretching, that is.

~Eoworfinia~
I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Re: Mojo 04/15/2009 01:47 AM CDT
Just wanted to chime in and support Ysselts request. I was doing a lot of mojo-draining things tonight and was having trouble trying to gauge where I stood as I went due to my inability to check mojo level more often.

Thanks for looking into it, V!

-=Issus=-
Re: Mojo 04/26/2009 02:52 PM CDT
Quick newbie question, is Mojo only recovered by practicing and playing instruments, or does humming recover it as well?

---
But there's a tree, of many, one,
A single field which I have look'd upon,
Both of them speak of something that is gone:
The pansy at my feet
Doth the same tale repeat:
Wither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?
Re: Mojo 04/27/2009 09:29 AM CDT
Humming does restore it. I wasn't 100% so I did a little testing...

You take a few moments to stretch and limber yourself up. As you finish, you make an attempt at one of the more popular dances, but after only a few steps you trip and fall flat onto your face. Wincing, you decide not to attempt that again, and get back to your feet.
[Roundtime: 10 seconds.]

insert 10 minutes of humming here, which is apparently the timer on practice assess...

You take a few moments to stretch and limber yourself up. When you finish, you hesitatingly step into a well-known country dance, and manage to pull off about a minute's worth of dance steps before you stumble to a stop. You can't seem to recall what to do next, despite your best efforts.
[Roundtime: 10 seconds.]

~Jycanth