Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 03:51 AM CDT
Tried casting lilt when someone was unconscious, tried to cast area.

cast area
You try to wrap your spell pattern around everybody around you, but fail to do so.
You give sudden voice to the gentle song that dances in your thoughts, as you release an accompaniment of elemental air into the piece. Your singing maintains a soft tone, as you ascend through increasingly complicated scales.

It does not help anyone unless in the same group, are we going to need to learn a feat to make enchantes like lilt work on others not grouped?

Rezzian
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 03:56 AM CDT
I believe you'll need the Area Casting feat to grant you the CAST AREA option. You may also want to look into the Team Player and Group Supporter feats to reduce the potency penalties that happen when your spells affect others.
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 04:05 AM CDT
Yes, you need the Area Casting feat to make Cast Area work with beneficial spells. It has a prereq of Augmentation Mastery.
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 04:11 AM CDT

Thanks for the info, 6 spell slots seems excessive, but if that is how it works, fair enough.

Rezzian
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 04:34 AM CDT
Lilt was a spell we flagged for having an excessive slot cost but last time I asked people didn't seem very interested in giving up any of the functionality.

I'm willing to revisit that if people would like.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 02:10 PM CDT
Personally, I could probably live without the concentration boost.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 05:34 PM CDT
Good thing it doesn't interact with concentration then?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 06:54 PM CDT
It no longer speeds up regeneration of all of vitality, fatigue, concentration, and spirit health?
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 07:01 PM CDT
Health, spirit, fatigue. Concentration isn't part of the package.

-Raesh

Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 10:01 PM CDT
Seriously though, I'm perfectly willing to revisit reducing the slot cost by stripping some effects.

As it is the spell recovers fatigue, vitality and spirit - any one of which could easily stand on it's own.

Part of the reason the spell is as "low" in slot cost as it is is because the spell splits it's recovery between those three pools - the more pools that it's having to recover at once the less effective is for each.

-Raesh

Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 11:25 PM CDT
Ah, gotcha, Epedia had concentration boost listed as an effect when I made that post, though it looks like it's been updated now. In it's current form, I find it to be a nice cyclic to use as a recovery tool after a death + depart, but I honestly don't use it much beyond that.

If I had to narrow the scope of the spell, I'd probably say that the vitality regen is the most useful aspect in day to day use, followed by fatigue, then spirit. So yeah, vitality + fatigue or just a big ol' vitality boost would be my vote.

Then again, I'm still not sure if I'll be picking up this spell once the preview ends (though I have to double-check and make sure it's not a prereq for anything else I want), so I may not be the best person to be asserting my opinion on this matter. A more potent vitality boost would certainly help to make it more tempting for me though.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/13/2014 11:59 PM CDT
I agree with the vitality and fatigue being the most useful, especially for younger bards. But the spirit boosting is still important I think. Could the spirit boosting get moved to a meta spell effect that is added back to Lilt? Like how Veteran Insight adds to the Sentinel's Resolve spell effect for paladins? That way people who have no use for it can not spend the added slot on it, and those who find it useful could pick it up.
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/14/2014 12:25 AM CDT
> (though I have to double-check and make sure it's not a prereq for anything else I want)

We'll have to see if things get changed, but right now it's the centerpiece of the bardic spellbook. Tons of things require Hodi.
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/14/2014 12:34 AM CDT
Splitting Lilt into a base spell plus a meta spell might not be a bad idea.

-Raesh

Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/14/2014 01:24 AM CDT
The Lilt is a legendary part of our guild, and a beloved song. I'd hate to see it changed.

Tonight, for the first time since (checks signature) January 19, 2013, I cast a Lilt to the area and people who were not in my group benefited from it. I wanted to cry for joy at feeling like a bard again.

I guess it is time to change my signature. :) It was a REALLY rough year + for some of us bards.

- - -
~Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf
Broken Bard since January 19, 2013 - 2 Dolefaren 407
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/14/2014 01:27 AM CDT
Might I suggest that the DISCERN text show bards that the spells listed as area spells are only area spells if you learn the feat for it?

~D

- - -
~Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf
Broken Bard since January 19, 2013 - 2 Dolefaren 407
Re: Lilt not working unless grouped 05/14/2014 03:25 AM CDT
>>Could the spirit boosting get moved to a meta spell effect that is added back to Lilt?

>>Splitting Lilt into a base spell plus a meta spell might not be a bad idea.

Oooh, me likey.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.