The true story of the very first Bluff Dead 08/23/2010 08:35 PM CDT
I was sitting by the Riverhaven crate right outside the empath's guild. All my friends were there. Empaths, Clerics, Paladin or two and a few locksmiths. I was waiting for my hunting partner Paerr to show up. We made one of the finest pair of swamp troll hunters ever seen. Me singing rage/lilt, him singing Tears. We made a good team together and could take on the highest spawn room with few troubles.

Paerr was late showing up, and there was a strange lack of dead and injured persons around the crate. So while I was sitting their softly lilting for empaths. I had the idea to abuse PLAYACT and SING to make it look like I was dead. I thought that since it was April 1st. I might as well pull it off as a good joke on my friends.

Of course it needed to be PERFECT. So I ran to the Bard's guild and practiced it alone a few times until I was confident I had it right on.

Once I was ready, I ran back to the crate but their were some injured and dead there. I didn't want to interrupt their needed time so I bidded my time until everyone was all healed before putting on my little act.

PLAYACT START

In my soprano voice I sang:

"*Sircha was just slain before your eyes!;

*Sircha was just struck down!*"

and I fell over.

The empath, Snowfair quickly took all of my injuries and declared me ready for ressurection.

At which point many became concerned when they couldn't cast POM on my corpse, infact they couldn't read the favors on my corpse either because I wasn't dead. But at that time nobody realized... So they gwethed for another cleric saying they were having difficulties casting POM and didn't know what was wrong, they thought twas a bug!

People looked at me and thought I was still alive, but I was dead wasn't I?

playact ghostly voice says, "I don't know what's wrong, can you ressurect me now?"
Sircha ghostly voice says, "I don't know what's wrong, can you ressurect me now?"

At this point they were quite certain I was very dead, had died, but by all appearances by looking at me I was alive and well and could not be ressurected.
Several assists/reports/bugs were made on my behalf at this point by all players involved.

After a little bit of time had passed, I decided to make things a little more interesting.

playact ghostly voice says, "My memories are fading away, can someone please help me?"
Sircha ghostly voice says, "My memories are fading away, can someone please help me?"

Several attending clerics tried casting protection of memories, etc. on me and it worked, I had several 2 hour casts on me by the end of it, and another attempt to raise me was made. It failed.

Several suggestions were tossed around, had my character data been corrupted? Was I cursed in some way? How was I living by all appearances yet dead by all others?

An hour past very quickly, and soon a GM became available. At this point I'd decided to stop myself from typing I needed to take a little afk break so off I went to make some crackers, cheese and peanut butter, and a big cup of grape juice.

When I came back, a GM was present in the room with the empaths and clerics telling her that I was dead, had been dead for a few hours now and that they couldn't raise me.

I leaned back in my chair with a big smile and settled back to watch the fun...

IM From PAERR: How's it going hun?
ME: Hey where were you?
IM FROM PAERR: Wife held me up, you ready to party?
ME: I'm having way too much fun pranking people at the Riverhaven Crate.
IM FROM PAERR: What you doing?
ME: I have them all convinced I'm dead even though I'm not.
IM FROM PAERR: How'd you pull that off.
ME: Sing and playact. But don't tell them! It's a fun prank!
IM FROM PAERR: They don't know yet?
ME: Nope! I've had this prank going for almost 3 hours and nobody's caught on, infact their's a GM here trying to help sort it out.
IM FROM PAERR: Help you prank them?
ME: No, she's trying to figure out what's wrong. Come and see!
IM FROM PAERR: Riverhaven Crate? I'll need to see this for myself.

By then the gathering had turned into several area empaths from Theren to Shard, over a dozen clerics, and several other curious onlookers.

Several people whispered to me asking if I was a GMNPC.

I didn't answer because whispering back would have given away that I was alive.

The whisperers suggested aloud that because I was bugged maybe I could hear whispers.
So they asked the question aloud. "Sircha, are you a GMNPC? Is this an event?"

playact ghostly voice says, "Game Master can you help me please?! I can't depart!"
Sircha ghostly voice says, "Game Master can you help me please?! I can't depart!"

The GameMaster says, "Sircha, I don't know what's wrong, have you tried departing?"

>depart
Feeling depressed? You'll have to die first before you can depart.

playact ghostly voice says, "Feeling depressed? You'll have to die first before you can depart."
Sircha ghostly voice says, "Feeling depressed? You'll have to die first before you can depart."

The Gamemaster asks the people around, "Who saw her die, when was this? Can I see the logs?"

GM focuses her gaze upon you.
(did the character scan thingy for corruption)

The Gamemaster says, 'Your not flagged as dead hun, and I can see nothing wrong with your character. Can you just stand up?'

(if I'd tried it would've ruined the illusion so of course I just waited a minute, trying to string it out as long as possible.)

playact ghostly voice says, "I've tried, I can't stand up, I'm dead!"
Sircha ghostly voice says, "I've tried, I can't stand up, I'm dead!"

At this point a second GM appears out of the lights and nether.

Second GM, "I see absolutely nothing wrong with this character. I suggest she stop play acting or else we'll put her in jail for blantant game disruption."

(okay so after 4 hours they caught me at it.)

playact ghostly voice says, "I don't wanna go to jail!"
You can't do that now.

(Darn!)

Second GM stares at my character.

>Dance
You leap to your feet!

Hug GM 1, hug GM 2.

'You've cured me! Thank you so much!'

Empath babbles incoherantly at you.
Thief blinks.
Thief blinks again.
Paladin storms around in frustration.
Moonmage scratches his head.

GM2, I believe my job here is done. (disappears in a swirl of aether lights)

GM1, "I want to know, how one bard using playact convinced an entire room of serious players that she was dead. Starting with you."
glancing at Sircha.

'Oh well, why didn't you say so! I'll gladly do it again!

PLAYACT START

In my soprano voice I sang:

"*Sircha was just slain before your eyes!;

*Sircha was just struck down!*"

and I fell over.

The paladin chuckled softly to himself.
The empath that had been there with me from the beginning were staring at the singing part, and then slapped her forehead! "I didn't check! I saw the death messages and thought she was dead! She was singing right before she died! I healed her right away and told the clerics she was ready for ressurection!"

hug Snowfair
You hug Snowfair.

You smile.
"Happy April Fool's day everyone!"

A full room of smirks, chortles, chuckles, laughs, head slaps, head bonks, shoulder slaps, hugs, moans, groans, and tickles ensued for the next two minutes, followed by several Moongates leading to Theren, Shard, Crossings, and Aesry. I took that moment to go to Aesry because, well the boat ride is rather long.

Paerr says, "Sircha such a drama queen, you stirred up all of Riverhaven, Lagenfirth, Theren, Crossings and a good part of Shard! Heck they even had a group of empaths & clerics coming in from Aesry thinking that maybe all the empaths and clerics from Theren to Shard had been bugged and were wanting to try and heal you!"

Later Message from BARD GM: ** Sircha I want you to know that was bad. You were a very bad bard, I just spent the past day sorting through over hundreds of bug, assists, and reports about your pretended condition from misusing SING and PLAYACT. This used up a substantial amount of system resource time and money to sort through. I am temporarily removing your ability to PLAYACT. I would appreciate it if you didn't do it again, as next time I will have to do all of the report sorting by myself because you fall strictly under my jurisdiction and responsibility as Bard Guild GM **

I <3 Bleach. ~Sircha
Re: The true story of the very first Bluff Dead 08/23/2010 09:24 PM CDT
Hilarious!

You laugh when you think of how funny you looked in a mirror the last time.
Re: The true story of the very first Bluff Dead 08/24/2010 06:32 AM CDT
Hah I see why they added the additional messaging to PLAYACT which indicates the "Bard's continuing performance." now.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: The true story of the very first Bluff Dead 08/24/2010 07:05 AM CDT
Great post Sircha, that is truly funny stuff. I'm glad the GMs were benevolent enough to see that humor in it and not punish you for the prank. Very well played out.

Regards,
Vteec
Re: The true story of the very first Bluff Dead 08/25/2010 07:45 PM CDT
>"*Sircha was just slain before your eyes!;
>*Sircha was just struck down!*"

The order of these messages, the lack of space between the asterisk and the trailing message, and the extra asterisk at the end would all tip off a keen observer that this wasn't real.

>Sircha ghostly voice says

If not, this would have.

GM2 was wise. I can't say the same for anyone else involved, although it is funny to imagine the scene.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.