A tawny golden parchment tacked in the Guildhalls 11/16/2009 09:05 AM CST
To my guild brethern,
It is with the Human Muse of M'Riss, Jerodan Senlar, that I sit down and pen my thoughts for my brothers and sisters to read. We are living in a day and age where the undead roam the trade routes and invade our cities. One of the few safe havens remains to be the Crossings Temple and for whatever reason, my home, the Velaka. And let us hope the Velaka remains safe from Lyras, for the S'kra Mur burial grounds that lie in those sands would provide too much fuel for her fire.

As Bards, our strength has always been in a variety of fields. Some of us choose to chronicle the events that unfold around us, while some choose to actively participate. I find that when I try to actively participate, I rely only on the skills Selinthesa has taught me to hone with my blade. But it has not always been this way. What secrets do The Ru'atin Peri'el keep on voice manipulation? What sibilant song does the Naga sing inside the music box? Where is Karovaas? What powers did Medmaev wield in his madness? Could they be turned to a brighter cause?

These are the questions that plague me day by day. We need answers, we need more. The Bard's Guild needs to reclaim the power it once had, the power that the Dragon Priests thought so considerable that it must be destroyed. Let the Keepers of History rise again. And so to each of you, I plead for you to continue to search and strive and search for answers. Seek out the Ru'atin Peri'el, seek out Karovaas. Try to attune with the Naga. Find the answers we need.

- Terra