Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/28/2008 05:43 PM CDT
Do we have Sonic Mage? Or Song Mage? I only see Sonic Sonance. :(

- Player of Niieth
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/28/2008 06:32 PM CDT
I would like Disciple of Siryn as a title.

Also, in honor of rock n roll's most beloved producer/songwriter/murderer Phil Spector, I would like the title Wall of Sound
Make it require Naming of Tears and some beefy music/magic/armor ranks.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/28/2008 06:36 PM CDT
>>Also, in honor of rock n roll's most beloved producer/songwriter/murderer Phil Spector, I would like the title Wall of Sound Make it require Naming of Tears and some beefy music/magic/armor ranks.

Probaly would need some sling or Light xbow ranks also.....

Robo

Teens today face cyber bullying. On the brighter side, nerds can now hand over their lunch money with paypal.
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/28/2008 09:11 PM CDT
<<The term bardbarian has been largly adopted as slang to bards whose focus on combat is very intense.>>

And was originally coined as a derogatory term after the first guild requirement changes that slashed our required lore ranks in half and added the second weapon.

But I'd still much rather be called a bardbarian than need 45 ranks of lore per circle after 30th.
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/28/2008 09:52 PM CDT
<<But I'd still much rather be called a bardbarian than need 45 ranks of lore per circle after 30th.>>

As lazy as this sounds, I'd rather have the lore requirements. Or at least be able to substitute the second weapon requirement with just added ranks of the first. I guess that would unbalance things though, and I'm probably just whining because my second weapon is really heavy. And I'm too lazy to backtrain.

I'd still rather have the lore. Oh well!

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/28/2008 10:33 PM CDT
I dunno, those ranks were grueling and only got worse. An average of 5 ranks/circle in the 9 lore skills from 30 to 60 (IIRC 60 was where the next jump was) and then more after is a lot. Even now with the current xp calcs it's a lot.

The biggest impetus for the change though was to force Bards out of the Crossing guild-hall and out among the rest of the population. There was really little reason to ever leave the guild and it was common for there to be 15 - 30+ Bards and hangers-on inside any time of the day or night.

I guess the req changes did their job since the guild-halls are basically empty now and have been for a long time.
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/29/2008 01:46 AM CDT
True the guild was very crowded back then, but it was still fun. The lore ranks never bothered me, but I know the idea of all us bards sitting in the guild all day really did bother Rowan. I'm glad she decided on adding the second weapon requirement rather than her proposed Wanderlust idea. That would not have been fun.
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/29/2008 02:06 AM CDT
Well put Siltoth.

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/29/2008 11:13 AM CDT
I find it a bit insulting that we'd have to be compared to another guild in a title. Lame title idea, IMO.

~Tashya~
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/29/2008 11:40 AM CDT
In case no one noticed, there was a scream or roar requirement which would make this title eligible for both Barbarians and Bards who choose to endeavor into both the extremes of weapon and instrument use.

Since the title isn't strictly for Bards, I find it hard to acknowledge the logical grounds for claiming this would be "comparing" ourselves to Barbarians anymore than Voice Throws compare ourselves to Thieves.

The only logical standpoint that I've seen that has merit here outside of pure opinion is that the title would be a blaring Out Of Game contextual reference.

Outside of this, I question why a lot of members of this guild would find it so offensive to compare one's own self to certain likenesses of another guild.

__
~Leilond - Working up to Galren and Mazrian
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v3.xls
Re: Single Title Suggestion 05/29/2008 04:04 PM CDT
>>I find it a bit insulting that we'd have to be compared to another guild in a title. Lame title idea, IMO.

Empuff Tashya?
Just a side message Galren... I don't know if you changed your last name to Rippentrop or not, but you're listed on the Ratha register as Galren Norim... Saw that yesterday.
Title Suggestions (again) 03/13/2009 07:50 PM CDT
I'm sure I won't see half of these ever come into fruition, but in case any of the GM's are ever looking for more Bard title ideas, here's my list:

Siren (Call of the Siren)
Resolute (Demrris' Resolve)
Redeemer (Redeemer's Pride)
Maelstrom* (Desert's Maelstrom)
Elemental Scholar*
Elemental Student*
Elemental Researcher*
Lute Defender
Elemental Sage*
Fire Dancer* (Phoenix Pyre)
Mad Virtuoso (Chorus of Madmen)
Virtuoso
Laureate (this was a title under the old title system I believe)
Peace Keeper (Albreda's Balm)
Instigator (Rage of the Clans)
War Starter (Rage of the Clans)
Harmonious (Harmony)
Banshee
Sonic Fury

That's it I guess. Thanks.

~ Terra
Re: Title Suggestions (again) 03/13/2009 07:54 PM CDT
Sorry to double post, but please add my former suggestions of:

Defiant
Songsworn
Dissonant

to that list.
And everything in the former list with a * next to it denotes a title that is also shared by the Warrior Mage Guild. Banshee is a title that would be shared by Barbarians.

~ Terra
Re: Title Suggestions (again) 03/13/2009 08:09 PM CDT
Oh man, I'd love Mad Virtuoso! Good list, the only one I would be wary of is Lute Defender. Unless there was a way to award that one only to people who were actually there defending the lute, I couldn't really see it working.

-=Issus=-
Title Suggestions 10/24/2009 05:11 AM CDT
If it wouldn't be a lot of trouble I'd LOVE to see us be able to have the title of our vocal range. So like Soprano or Tenor.

A few more I think would be just totally neat but not very like are(don't chastise me too much for the survival ones):
Night's or Shadow's Song - Req DALU, Misdirection, and Hiding/Stalking
Luller/Lullaby - Req DALU
Dragon Luller - Req DALU, Circle/Total Music
Music Therapist
Singing/Song's Savior - Req LILT, BALM, DMRS, CRY, and Sanctuary

For Kicks:
Intoxicated Performer - Req GG to be temporarily learned?

Could the titles that currently require unreleased enchantes be made available with maybe a charisma or another enchante requirement temporarily until the enchante is released?
Re: Title Suggestions 10/24/2009 04:05 PM CDT
Dragon Luller is a cleric title. 200 vocals, dedicated to Phelim.

Others are interesting enough

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Title Suggestions 10/26/2009 12:41 PM CDT
I don't know how doable temp reqs would be for the ones that require unreleased enchantes.

I'd also want to make sure that the title still made some kind of sense for any substituted reqs (if it IS doable).

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Title Suggestions 11/14/2009 06:48 PM CST
I know this is for suggestions, but I'm clueless on what this title even means and it doesn't seem to be a different language or at least if it is I can't seem to find it anywhere...
Aes-Danai. Closest I've came up to is that Aes is fire. I've no clue what Danai means.

>bluff silv
You realize you have no idea how to bluff an unintelligent beast like the Leader Silvyrfrost.
Re: Title Suggestions 11/17/2009 08:03 AM CST
Aes-Danai comes from a DR language (was it the original human language?) called gamgweth. Many older DR words come from this language such as gwethdesuan. I am not sure if gamgweth is used as much anymore or not. Its a shame, I have a whole story based upon gamgweth words!

Aes-Danai is one of the older titles, from before the title expansion. Although I can't find 'Danai' in any of the gamgweth dictionary, 'Aes' is fire, and the commonly accepted definition that I have heard through the years is "Fire Singer".

There are a number of gamgweth dictionaries out there, thought my old favorite, the Wren's Nest seems sadly defunct (I loved that site!).

Here are two of them:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Book:RxxGD

http://arthedale.com/library/RxxGD.html

Totally unrelated, www.arthedale.com has a whole section on bards, including logs of many of my old concert series. There are some wonderful concerts by many excellent bards from the past. (I hate the fact that many of these bards and their songs are forgotten. This is a wonderful legacy of our guild, unique to us, and it is basically a lost legacy). http://www.arthedale.com/bard/concerts.html

This site talks a little about gamgweth:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Gamgweth_Grammar_(book)

Daerlynn
Re: Title Suggestions 11/17/2009 08:06 AM CST
I always thought it meant Fire Dancer until I looked in the dictionary.

Aes-Amachi still means Fire Bard, right? I never understood that one so much, but I'm about toget it so we'll see if it's cool enough to wear <g>

- Terra
Re: Title Suggestions 11/18/2009 10:32 PM CST
>Aes-Danai is one of the older titles, from before the title expansion.

I remember when that title was released. Holy crap, someone is 100th circle?
Re: Title Suggestions 11/18/2009 10:33 PM CST
My Prydaen Bard goes by the name Maoramachi. Cat Bard.
Re: Title Suggestions 11/18/2009 10:34 PM CST
You play a gnome, a bard AND a prydaen?

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Title Suggestions 11/19/2009 08:19 AM CST
>>You play a gnome, a bard AND a prydaen?

And with incredible style. I'm jealous.

- Terra
Re: Title Suggestions 11/19/2009 08:57 AM CST
>>Aes-Danai is one of the older titles, from before the title expansion.

>I remember when that title was released. Holy crap, someone is 100th circle?

Except when it was released it was available at 50. It's moved around a bit since then.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Title Suggestions 11/19/2009 11:28 AM CST
If I was granted one wish, I would wish for Shavay's DR notebook.

No, really, I would. He knows ALL!

GENT
Re: Title Suggestions 11/19/2009 06:01 PM CST
>Except when it was released it was available at 50. It's moved around a bit since then.

My memory is just off then. I can't remember her name, but she apparently had a reputation for scripting. And I had to ask, "What's scripting?"
Re: Title Suggestions 11/20/2009 09:19 AM CST
Fandella didn't script... she was just very serene.

GENT
Re: Title Suggestions 11/20/2009 09:59 AM CST
Yes it was 50th.

Whenever I see that title, I still think of Kithria.

See what happens when you get old? Both IG and IRL....

Daerlynn
Re: Title Suggestions 11/20/2009 10:00 AM CST
I still have some of those juggling stilettos from Fandella's wedding. If only I could juggle them!!!!

Daerlynn
Re: Title Suggestions 11/22/2009 09:16 PM CST
>Fandella

That was it. Wow, memories...
Re: Title Suggestions 11/23/2009 05:24 PM CST
I remember sitting on the town green listening to Fandella teach classes! And again on Aesry!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page