Opera 11/11/2006 10:37 PM CST
I never really thought of this before - but does Opera even exist in DR?

Most musically-orientated things in DR point to Western Music roots, but I don't think I've seen mention of Opera. Would be cool to see something in game as I sing for a regional opera company in RL and would have lots of suggestions - heh!

Just thinking out loud...

Also, we need more titles!

GENT
Re: Opera 11/11/2006 11:13 PM CST
Not sure about performance, but at least the title exists.

The following titles of the Performer category are available to you:
Musician, ..., Opera Singer, ...

The one who is obsessed with power..

http://drfallenbard.tripod.com
Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen.
Re: Opera 11/12/2006 09:24 AM CST
Not sure if this is what you mean, but we have plays up in Theren. The play scheduled for December 1st, Nissa's Choice, is a musical. I was thinking of making it an opera type, but I really needed to have dialogue too. so it is more on the lines of a serious musical.

There is no reason someone could not rp an opera type singer in one of the theatres. I would think it would be kind of fun, and would welcome such a one in our Theren Players group. Maybe it would encourage a playwright out there to write an opera.

So, anyway, that was my two lirums.

Daerlynn
Re: Opera 11/12/2006 12:46 PM CST
I was just wondering if there was any IG support for the title, like mentions of opera, operetta, arias, etc. I suppose you could roleplay singing an opera without any special tools though.

I haven't really seen the new theatre but it sounds neat. I don't really have time to check those things out in TF. Heh. I have to catch up to Mibe!!!

Thanks,

GENT
Re: Opera 11/16/2006 11:21 AM CST
<<I was thinking of making it an opera type, but I really needed to have dialogue too.>>

I could swear that there are operas with some dialogue (heck, with more dialogue than some musicals. Les Mis comes to mind as a musical with what, only one spoken line? A quick trip to ask.com turned up Carmen as an opera with some spoken dialogue).

I dunno how much dialogue, though. So you're likely talking about more than what it had.

I'm getting weirdly nitpicky, though - I know what ya meant. :)

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay