What skill will effect warpaints? 09/19/2011 08:02 AM CDT
I got thinking today as I applied my warpaint for the first time in awhile.

What new skill will determine how well warpaint is placed? if any?

As I understand it now, Mech Lore is the main still that determines this, and has a slew of titles to coincide. When I read about the mech lore split, none of the proposed skills have incorporated warpaints into them.

Does this mean that warpaints will be leaving? If so, I'd HATE for that to happen. It's not only a great PvP tool, but a wonderful RP tool as well.

If this has been discussed elsewhere, I am sorry, and please just direct me to that post.
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/19/2011 08:11 AM CDT
my guess would be artistry, but that's only a guess.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/19/2011 07:46 PM CDT
I'd like to have outfitting skill affect the RT for applying, and the appearence of the paint. Warpaint would just be fluff unless you know the proper feat that enables the stat bonus from the application. Then, the wearer will use the appropriate verb to enact the stat bonus.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/19/2011 09:02 PM CDT

Great, also, I thought of something.

I have decided to go into the art of enchanting, as the way I understand it there will be some pretty high barbarian only enchantments. Will it be possible to enchant warpaints to provide additional bonuses? Or even to grab a hunk of paint, and enchant it to MAKE war paint?
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/20/2011 12:57 AM CDT
>>I have decided to go into the art of enchanting, as the way I understand it there will be some pretty high barbarian only enchantments.

I'm interested in Barbarian enchanting, too, but to my understanding of the current plans, the process of enchanting an object - whether that object is magical or not - will be magical, involving magical tools in the foundry. Yes, you would need to harm yourself by learning magic ranks to enchant non-magical artifacts of Barbarian-only use. Yes, I am also confused by this approach.

Would love to hear your thoughts re: enchanting Kodius. Also, can we make warpaint last until it's invoked? I love warpaint, and woudl love to walk around with it all the time, it's just annoying how it decays.
Malkien
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/20/2011 01:37 PM CDT
The way I have understood it, and please tell me if this is wrong, is that we will be required to learn "Superstition" ranks now, which will determine how our strong our roars are, along with various other intimidation factors.

Also, when it comes to enchanting, I have heard that while the use of magical items will be necessary, we won't have to make them, we will be able to purchase them? Once again, this is all hearsay, and is still one of my big questions to ask at the premie meeting on the 27th.

Kodius, any information you can divulge would be great.
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/20/2011 07:48 PM CDT
I'm not aware of any discussion regarding Superstition skill, heh. Here is the current structure:

Inner Fire skill will determine how effectively you focus abilities. Higher skill, less inner fire wasted.

Augmentation skill will determine how much of a bonus buff abilities give. This includes berserks, meditations and forms.

Debilitation skill will determine how much of a penalty your debuff abilities give. This is mostly roars, but a few other abilities will fall into the category.

Warding skill will determine how effective you are at protecting against magical attacks. Used by various abilities.

Enchanting skill will determine how well a Barbarian enchants. Guild members will be able to partake in runecrafting just fine, but will need the use of a mana focusing tool for the other Disciplines. Yes, this process will hurt your standing in the Guild. Expect to be ridiculed by everyone, and have other annoying things (mostly RP related) occur.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/20/2011 10:11 PM CDT
>Warpaint would just be fluff unless you know the proper feat that enables the stat bonus from the application.

I don't know to much about warpaint, but if it's just fluff without the feat will it be availible to other guilds under the new system?

< You throw a massive lumium shard at a beisswurm. A beisswurm attempts to evade. The shard lands a harmless blow to the beisswurm's abdomen.
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/20/2011 11:01 PM CDT
>>I don't know to much about warpaint, but if it's just fluff without the feat will it be availible to other guilds under the new system?

In its fluffy, function-less state, it already is. A Barbarian just needs to apply it.

A Barbarian sees funny messaging when they look at you, too.
Malkien
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/21/2011 04:48 AM CDT
Great information! Thanks. But as always a couple questions. These skills will be grandfathered at level right? Except enchanting I guess. We would be able to convert our Mechanical Lore there like any other crafting skill I am sure. Any thought on how many ranks per circle for these? Care to share with us your thought on total circle requirements?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/21/2011 06:15 AM CDT
>>Inner Fire, Augmentation, Debilitation

wow lots more skills to train. How will these be trained anways?

Train Inner Fire by using inner fire?
Train Augmentation by Berserking, Forms, Meditations?
Train Debilitation by roaring?

So berserking would train both inner fire skill and Augmentation... (same with forms and meditations)?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/21/2011 07:48 AM CDT
>>wow lots more skills to train. How will these be trained anways?

Was just thinking that myself. Seems like adding 3 more skills to mindlock in combat could either be a good thing or a huge hassle. If it's trained by doing stuff I already do (berserk and roar consistantly) then it shouldn't be that much of a hassle.
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 09/21/2011 08:01 AM CDT
They're supposed to be trained by doing your supernatural thing. So in essence, yes, they'll sort of train themselves while we're in combat.

Warding based on how effective your wardings are (think Toad form versus anti-magic berserk; berserk teaches more effectively, Toad teaches for a much longer period of time), Augmentation by having augmentative abilities active, Debilitation by debilitating things, and "primary magic" by doing any of these things.
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 01/28/2016 02:23 PM CST
could we not have expertise affect warpaint? Odd yes, but atleast it would have a use now, and bigger barbs would see better returns on it.
Re: What skill will effect warpaints? 01/28/2016 05:04 PM CST
>could we not have expertise affect warpaint?

GM Kodius's response to that was (to paraphrase) "I like that idea."

Unfortunately, he's got a pile of stuff to do ten miles high and may not get to it for a while.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html