STARE WARPAINT, also need some help with an experiment 06/15/2006 08:41 AM CDT
If you're around 80th circle and up and want to help test something can you IM me at TheApocalypse4u.

Or if anyone else wants to do this test. Have a set number of people you are experimenting with, than use your most difficult intimidation roar that you can succeed with as a control variable (don't have people look at you, and have warpaint on). Next try to use STARE WARPAINT. Have people look at you and than try to intimidate them with that same intimidation roar that you used during your control variable experiment.

Just trying to see if STARE WARPAINT affects outside people. My guess is that it may lower the fear resistance of people who are looking at the Barbarian (to a greater degree than without STARE WARPAINT?).

Try to make note who in the experiment is a Barbarian and who is not. Although, Barbarians seem to have fear when they look at you, also.

This is just a guess/hypothesis at best, at this point. Tested a few other things to see what STARE WARPAINT isn't, but hopefully we can pin point what affects it has.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: STARE WARPAINT, also need some help with an experiment 06/15/2006 12:53 PM CDT
>>Although, Barbarians seem to have fear when they look at you, also.

I haven't noticed this yet. Examples? Do they see the warpaint being worn as a true warrior then shudder etc...

I am --- Navak
Re: STARE WARPAINT, also need some help with an experiment 06/15/2006 07:22 PM CDT
<<I haven't noticed this yet. Examples?>>

Craetos had looked at my character and got the eyes widening message, etc. It was earlier in the morning. I think he would see the
"He wears his warpaint like a true warrior." but, I'm not positive. I'd have to ask him if he remembers.

I recall other Barbarians (real Barbarians btw) getting those eyes widening/shudder/etc. messagings, although it is more rare, I admit.

- Simon

Re: STARE WARPAINT, also need some help with an experiment 06/16/2006 12:05 AM CDT
It appears to be much easier to affect non-barbarians when they look at you. But still, I've looked at a barbarian and he caused my eyes to widen just before I got his description, and at the end there was still a "He wears his warpaint like a true warrior." message.
Re: STARE WARPAINT, also need some help with an experiment 06/16/2006 03:36 AM CDT
<<It appears to be much easier to affect non-barbarians when they look at you. But still, I've looked at a barbarian and he caused my eyes to widen just before I got his description, and at the end there was still a "He wears his warpaint like a true warrior." message.>>

There ya go, thanks Vinjince. For the time being, I'm just curious as to the affects of the eyes widening when looking at the Barbarian. The experiment is open to anyone to try who has berserker or plunderer's warpaint and wants to try this out. It'd be interesting if STARE warpaint really did amplify the affects of others seeing eye widening/shuddering/etc.

"Using that vision, you flex your muscles and adjust your posture to impressive effect."

Not to go too much into detail, but to flex your muscles adjusting your posture to impressive effect may sound like wanting to impose a bit of will against those looking at you.

People STARE at you, now with possible greater fear? Anyway, just an idea.

- Simon

PS - Around every 17 seconds, a person can re-look at a Barbarian with warpaint and possibly get the eyes widening/shuddering/etc. thing. It seems like the Barbarian loses some potency when they look at someone with warpaint that is more faded.