Responses 02/07/2006 01:24 PM CST
1. Teachable patterns
I would like such a feature, but it would be a lot of work relative to the gain. It's a possibility in the future, though I have no plans to extend application of warpaint to other guilds through such a teaching mechanism.

2. Messaging and testing.
Don't get too focused on the messaging indicating exactly what is happening, I wanted to keep the messaging reasonably appropriate for barbarians as well, so you should pay attention to things other than the message (which I think a lot of you are doing, but wanted to say that before you engaged in a critical analysis of the words chosen and their etymology or something like that)

3. As I said at the meeting custom paints won't be available until I'm sure that everything is working well. It's looking pretty good so far, but there are some small things to revisit.

4. Yes there is a downtime between uses at full effect.

5. There is no apply careful command. Other things that you can do can affect the duration/quality of the warpaint. I like the apply careful though, maybe we'll implement something like that in the future.

6. Other types of warpaint are possible in the future, one that is only decorative and designed to last, might be a possibility.

Generally speaking, I don't intend to do a Warpaint II sort of thing until after I tackle some other guild things. Current warpaint, however, may be tweaked and adjusted without waiting for a Warpaint II release. No, I'm not saying that Warpaint II is planned, but there are some good ideas here.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Responses 02/07/2006 01:44 PM CST
Thanks again for the system Iayn, and thanks for taking noe of all the responses. I'd really like to wear crimson warpaint splattered like bloodstains without having to reapply it, even if it was decorative! And for battle it's eas to just rub the pretty stuff off and put on the real kind.

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: Responses 02/07/2006 02:22 PM CST
I do think that the cost of the basic paint now is pretty easy on the pocket. Especially since it allows ten applications, which means if you die you can re-apply very easily. So even more basic but longer lasting paints are going ot have to wait, but it seems like a pretty doable thing to me when we revisit warpaint for a second phase.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison