Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 11
Warpaint 02/02/2006 07:11 PM CST
Thank you to the wonderful Barbarian GM's for releasing this new mode of self expression.
Re: Warpaint 02/02/2006 07:13 PM CST
Whee!
Re: Warpaint 02/02/2006 07:22 PM CST
No kidding, warpaint is awesome!

Search the DR Forums - http://www.freepgs.com/drsearch
Warpaint and jail 02/03/2006 11:13 AM CST
Well, I just confirmed that getting locked up removes warpaint.

Lousy ultra fast Crossing guards!

-Gavyn

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
Re: Warpaint and jail 02/03/2006 11:22 AM CST
just gotta steal where you don't get locked up.

<grins savagely>

i do wish the SBT for fake barbs would 'work' not to out someone wearing warpaint though.

You have a flexible ridged crest which follows the shape of your skull, gold-flecked slitted dark eyes and an elegant snout, black scales with a pale silver underbelly and a long tail. Your face and torso are painted with eyeballs skewered by thin daggers in deep pitch-black warpaint.
You have a tattoo of a hand made of shadows holding a gold coin on your hand.

Rawr!

by the way. to apply barb to barb, the other barb has to kneel to the applying barb, too. so its not only "non-barbs kneeling to barbs". heh.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Warpaint and jail 02/03/2006 11:47 AM CST
>>just gotta steal where you don't get locked up.

This was actually one of the few times I was not wanted for stealing.

I was using wail at WM guild to "create" helpless targets to tag. >=)

-Gavyn

Re: Warpaint and jail 02/03/2006 11:49 AM CST
>>I was using wail at WM guild to "create" helpless targets to tag. >=)

I'm a bad influence.

I am --- Navak
Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 11:52 AM CST
How were these two supposed to interact again?

This is the situation I'm running into...we have a target with warpaint.

The target is then painted, tagged, and now you look at them and only see the paint.

The paint is removed, no warpaint is seen.

New warpaint cannot be applied because there is already warpaint there...then the invisible, to others at least not sure if the character can see it on themself, warpaint has to be cleaned off before applying another batch of warpaint.

Cleaning works and all that, just the visible portion of it seems to get lost in there.

I am --- Navak
Warpaint and the Guild documentation. 02/03/2006 12:35 PM CST
OK, maybe I am being a bit anal, but can we have warpaint added to the SPECIAL ABILITIES section of barbarian guild documentation at the link below. I bitch and moan based on what is on there and would like it to be current so all my bitching and moaning are timely and supported by our web site!

Many thanks

Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss

www.play.net/dr/info/guilds/barb.asp
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 12:45 PM CST

The target is then painted, tagged, and now you look at them and only see the paint.
The paint is removed, no warpaint is seen.
New warpaint cannot be applied because there is already warpaint there

i haven't seen that. my barb character died on the way to getting the paint <those dolemar or whatever things they are are faster than a full-loaded tog wandering through the bushes>, and got painted by someone while dead. the paint wore off quickly, and she was able to be repainted shortly after coming back to life, and as she hasn't used the verbage, the warpaint is still on her.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 06:35 PM CST
I'll check into the warpaint + paint issue.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Warpaint and the Guild documentation. 02/03/2006 06:36 PM CST
Information about warpaint for the website is in the works.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Warpaint and jail 02/03/2006 06:56 PM CST
>>Well, I just confirmed that getting locked up removes warpaint.

Yes, that's intended. We may be sprucing it up a bit, too.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 06:57 PM CST
By the way, what do you think should happen if someone with warpaint is smeared or stamped?

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 07:03 PM CST
<<By the way, what do you think should happen if someone with warpaint is smeared or stamped?

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison>>

Ohhh Ohhh pick me! pick me!

They have to kneel in front of a bard-barian

Heh heh heh...

Whisper-trolling-soft
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 07:18 PM CST
I'll rephrase, heh.
What do you think should happen TO THE WARPAINT if someone wearing warpaint is smeared or stamped?

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 07:18 PM CST
peer w works now!

>By the way, what do you think should happen if someone with warpaint is smeared or stamped?

I think it should become a messy smudge of paint, and cause people to involuntarily snicker when they look at you.

-Gavyn

Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 08:09 PM CST
Hmmm. If possible have it leave traces? I wouldn't really like if it got entirely messed up(like not changing how it works I think) but like have it be the design and then if the paint mark is removed or wears off the warpaint looks like...

"face and torso are painted with stylized panthers in fresh crimson warpaint with several <color> smudges."

or if it can be more elaborate...

"face and torso are painted with stylized panthers in fresh crimson warpaint however, the numerous <color> smudges indicate(s) how they(if you can't use he/she) fare(s) against a true barbarian." (for non-barbarians only if at all possible)

"face and torso are painted with stylized panthers in fresh crimson warpaint however, the numerous <color> smudges indicates this barbarian (brother|sister) must train harder."

I am --- Navak
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/03/2006 08:37 PM CST
I would rather it say.....

"the ugly smudge of dried paint on thier face is a true reflection of their lack of spirit when confronted with a true warrior."

Something like that..:::grunts:::

Codiax.

Why kill anything when you can kill mages
Re: Warpaint + paint (tagging) 02/04/2006 06:53 AM CST
the effect of the warpaint should be reduced. The amount should depend on the location of the applied warpaint. Face only 75% reduction face and arms 50% face arms and leggs 25 % and so no.

Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss

www.play.net/dr/info/guilds/barb.asp
Re: Warpaint 02/06/2006 12:09 PM CST
Thanks again for those who worked on this system, btw.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/16/2006 08:23 PM CST
Had a good turnout tonight to compete for prizes. Huge thanks to Iayn for providing unique colored paints of savage, berserker and plunderer quality for this event! Each person got four paint sticks in a specially designed pouch. Here were our winners.

In first:

Seanna releases a thunderous roar, her teeth bared with fierce pride!
>
Seanna kneels down.
>
Seanna clenches her red paintstick tightly until her knuckles go white.
>
Seanna chants:

"Hear my prayers, mighty Everild!"

>
Seanna hammers her chest with her fists.
>
Seanna chants:

"Guide my blade in battle! Imbue my war paint with your spirit so it sends fear through the hearts of my enemies! "

>
Seanna smears her face with warpaint.
>
Seanna smiles with pride as she smears the war paint on her face and neck. It's as if she is clothing herself in a layer of protection. The war paint flows smoothly over her fur as regular facepaint glides over delicate flesh.
>
Seanna leaps to her feet!
>
Seanna lashes her tail.
>
Galeania grins.
>
(Seanna roars once more, her eyes wild as a boar as the warpaint suffuses with her inner fire! The freshly painted claw marks highlight the gleam in her feral eyes while drawing attention away from more vulnerable areas.)
>
Seanna releases a thunderous roar, her teeth bared with fierce pride!
>
Seanna draws forth a branch hilt war sword with a smoky topaz garnishing the pommel.
>
A high-pitched whistling "Ssssssss!" hisses forth from the branch hilt war sword as Seanna cuts a slashing arc through the air.
>
Seanna sheathes her branch hilt war sword.

Second place:

Rococo steps into the center of the room preparing for his ritual)
>
Rococo says, "okay.... here goes nothing"
>
Rococo kneels down.
>
Rococo continues praying fervently.
>
(Rococo begins to pray to Urrem'Tier)
>
Rococo chants:

"Guide my hand Urrem'Tier to reap more souls for you."

>
(Rococo cackles with glee at the thought of his fallen enemies )
>
(Rococo begins to decorate himself with images of previously defeated foes falling before him)
>
Rococo smears his face, arms, and legs with warpaint.
>
(Rococo nods quietly satisfied that Urrem'Tier will guide him to more victories)
>
Rococo stands up.
>
Rococo releases a thunderous roar, his teeth bared with fierce pride!

And in third place:

(Galeania steps forward silently.)
>
Galeania inhales a great swallow of air.
>
Galeania slowly empties her lungs.
>
(Galeania bends down in a squatting position and leans from side to side menacingly as she stretches her legs.)
>
(Galeania leaps onto her feet raising the black paintstick in the air with both hands.)
>
(Galeania throws her head back and howls ferociously summoning the rage of her inner fire.)
>
Galeania smears her face, arms, and legs with warpaint.
>
Galeania throws her head back and howls!
>
Galeania bows.

Was a great time, and everyone had great rituals. It was really tough for Ternith, Drexella and I to judge! Well done, everyone!

Gladiator Maulem~

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=9424
Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/16/2006 10:05 PM CST
wow this is great, i thought i maybe had a chance at third but second? :) thanks!

Have you ever seen a bard dance...like this?!
Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/16/2006 10:09 PM CST
Show us your warpaint.

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/16/2006 10:11 PM CST
sitting at the guild licking my wounds can come see.

Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/16/2006 10:16 PM CST
Am in Theren right now. Post it! I wanna see the coolness.

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/16/2006 10:22 PM CST
You are Nightmare Rococo, Wand Breaker of Elanthia, a Human Barbarian.
You have grey eyes. Your platinum hair is short and curly, and is worn braided. You have copper skin. Your face, arms, and legs are painted with stylized warriors in ritual combat in faint black warpaint.
You have some light stubble on your face.

Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/17/2006 05:38 AM CST
You are Savage Seanna whispersoft, Animal, a Prydaen Barbarian.
You have tufted ears and bright cat-slitted crystal green eyes. Your flaxen-streaked golden mane is long and thick, and is worn untamed. You have sandy fur with a white belly and a slender tufted tail. Your face, arms, and legs are painted with skulls in fresh midnight-blue warpaint.
You have a tattoo of a fierce-looking boar following a single wavy line of pawprints on your forehead.
You are in good shape.

a paint-splotched pouch
The pouch is covered with paint splotches in various colors.
There appears to be something written on it.
A paint-splotched pouch reads:
"Barbarian war paint contest. Year 382."

In the paint-splotched pouch you see a midnight-blue paintstick, a blue paintstick, a red paintstick, a scarlet paintstick, a slate-grey paintstick and a sea-green paintstick.

Just wanted to thank the judges, I worked on it all week! I will wear my warpaint with pride.
Re: Warpaint ritual contest results! 02/18/2006 11:30 AM CST
Glad you all had so much fun. And for those wondering, I designed the pouches and had a much cheaper and way less cool bunch of paints that we originally requested, but Iayn came up big time for us and got us unique colors and more of given quality paints for each winner.

Congrats again to all who won. Was a great event.

Look for your Barbarian Mentors to put on something smallish like this at least once a month, depending on what we can think up and what we can get approval for. Next month, tractor pull type drag races in Crossing!

Gladiator Maulem~

http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=9424
Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 07:31 PM CST
First the question.

Is the downtime for warpaint absolutely necessary? At the moment, when the warpaint's affect ends and you get the messaging of your warpaint peeling, from there it takes 4 minutes and 15 seconds of downtime (this goes for anyone who can apply the warpaint on them) until you can use any other warpaint verb for full affects. My thoughts are that you can only activate one of the warpaint verbs at one time, so it doesn't seem too powerful for the downtime to be removed due to the fact you can only have one aspect/verb activated at one time.

Second the suggestion.

In the case that the downtime is truly necessary for warpaint, can you please add messaging to indicate when the warpaint downtime is complete so that the Barbarian knows when he can receive the full affects of the warpaint in the means of duration/power affect?

Thanks again for reading and your thoughts, as always.

- Simon

Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 09:25 PM CST
It's five minutes from activation, and at least for me the different verbs have different lengths but yeah, would be nice to know at least when the time was up.

I am --- Navak
Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 09:36 PM CST
Also, we're still compiling more information for Phii's site. I experimented on MEDITATE earlier on today and was testing out the whole hypothesis on it being an overall armor hinderance reducer and that doesn't seem to be the case. It didn't impact any of the protection or absorption stats, also.

I think Gavyn was testing out STARE, if it raised agility. I told him to use origami, although in his case, we could try how he would appraise a mirror blade and see if the balance increases to determine whether there's an agility boost there (although, I think I may need to borrow Magdar's mirror blade if he still has it). I don't believe there was any noticable melee, ranged or thrown skill boost with STARE.

On a completely different note, since I don't feel like creating another post in a different folder. Do you guys know of the exact requirement value for whirlwind (not to break out of the web, but the one the attack manuever). 350 ranks in a melee, pole ranged weapon and 33 agility (32 agility? Need help on the agility, if someone has less around 30 agility and at least one weapon over 350 ranks that isn't ranged or thrown). Oh and Phii is updating her site, while I'm noticing some errors constantly. So check it out, if you guys are free and let me know if you see anything odd that I should look at.

Yadda yadda yadda, clicking on the post button.

- Simon

Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 09:46 PM CST
<<Also, we're still compiling more information for Phii's site. I experimented on MEDITATE earlier on today and was testing out the whole hypothesis on it being an overall armor hinderance reducer and that doesn't seem to be the case. It didn't impact any of the protection or absorption stats, also.

<<I think Gavyn was testing out STARE, if it raised agility. I told him to use origami, although in his case, we could try how he would appraise a mirror blade and see if the balance increases to determine whether there's an agility boost there (although, I think I may need to borrow Magdar's mirror blade if he still has it). I don't believe there was any noticable melee, ranged or thrown skill boost with STARE.

SCREAM: Intimidation offense boost
STARE: Intimidation defnese boost
MEDITATE: BMR boost
CONCENTRATE: ????

Unless you mean you're looking for specific numbers, testing the effects are redundant. Results from tests that confirmed the results were posted earlier in this folder, and in the case of SCREAM and STARE they were even confirmed by Iayn.

Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Ranger, Warrior Mage

Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 09:54 PM CST
You mean SCREAM and CONCENTRATE.

I don't have a problem with those, already examined them and listed it on the site. I really don't think MEDITATE is a direct BMR boost. Check out the meeting log for the reasoning.

I'm not looking for specific numbers unless you are referring to when I asked about whirlwind's combat manuever requirements - 350 ranks in a melee/pole ranged weapon and 32, 33 (?) agility? I just need other Barbarians to help me out with that since I forgot the number.

- Simon

Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 10:17 PM CST
At most whirlwhind is 350 and 32 agility and only used base ranks/stats from what I could tell since I tried boosting my weapon ranks and agility up well past those numbers and nothing happened.

I believe someone posted earlier whirlwhind didn't work for them at 350 and 30 agility.

Also keep in mind that there are potential penalties to wearing warpaint, not sure exactly what those would be...maybe to hiding or to retreat calcs or something.

Also there is a benefit to just wearing warpaint, what is it exactly...it was said that even for non-barbs there is a benefit to wearing warpaint beyond just looking nice.

I am --- Navak
Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/24/2006 10:25 PM CST
<<I believe someone posted earlier whirlwhind didn't work for them at 350 and 30 agility.>>

Yeah, Ironjonn did. That's the reason I was asking again if hopefully he pinpointed it (or someone else).

<<At most whirlwhind is 350 and 32 agility and only used base ranks/stats from what I could tell since I tried boosting my weapon ranks and agility up well past those numbers and nothing happened.>>

Yep, thanks Navak.

The rest of the things you mentioned are generally covered (from the preview of the site from what I saw today), but still looking into the penalties involved.

I broke down the entire meeting posted and listed things only pertaining to warpaint in a Q&A section. Also, listed some facts about warpaint which could help out folks understand certain aspects about that system. Not sure if Phii's player will use the breakdown of the log, but I'll ask when she's feeling better.

- Simon

Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/25/2006 08:09 AM CST
Nicely done page about warpaint.
My favorite part isn't there yet though.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/25/2006 08:15 AM CST
This isn't my absolute favorite, but has anyone looked at warpaint on their arms and legs after they've lost an arm or leg?

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re:Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/25/2006 10:08 AM CST
Somewhere around here I thought I had the meeting log when Ssra came to the bonfire. I'm 95% sure he said 350 ranks, 35/35. I found the log, but it started after the point where he discussed the whirlwind requirments.

I did however, find the teasers about the parry feats, which are still way cool. Hopefully these come out soon. I'll repost them in the general folder to get away from being off topic here.

Gladiator Maulem~

http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: Warpaint Suggestion/Question 03/25/2006 12:15 PM CST
Thank you, Iayn.

<<This isn't my absolute favorite, but has anyone looked at warpaint on their arms and legs after they've lost an arm or leg?>>

I haven't at this point, but I would imagine that the warpaint is lost when you've been delimbified in those areas where your warpaint was located.

<<Somewhere around here I thought I had the meeting log when Ssra came to the bonfire. I'm 95% sure he said 350 ranks, 35/35. I found the log, but it started after the point where he discussed the whirlwind requirments.>>

Thank you for looking. I appreciate the help with just figuring out this requirement and usually I won't ask you guys for numbers on things since I'm trying to maintain this whole in character (while not revealing too much so you can still have that mystified feeling when playing DR) thing while still leading you guys in the right direction so you aren't completely lost in the dark about X, Y, Z system. After we're done remembering what the agility requirement for whirlwind is than we could try to figure out what the requirements are for whirlwind out of a webbing (it will be less than using the combat manuever of whirlwind).

<<I did however, find the teasers about the parry feats, which are still way cool. Hopefully these come out soon. I'll repost them in the general folder to get away from being off topic here.>>

Yeah, I agree. They sound pretty neat. Thanks for posting that.

Regarding the downtime of warpaint after activating one of the verbs, could the Barbarian who is using that warpaint receive messaging that his downtime is complete? It would help the player/character realize when you have the option to re-use the warpaint at full powered affect/duration.

Ok, one last thing. Phii noticed yesterday that you could go into negative application numbers (she told me she was using a plunderer's type paintstick, although it could've been a savage type paintstick).

<<Looking closely at your green paintstick, you believe that there is enough left for about -3 applications.>>

She went from -2 applications to -3 applications. Just a head's up.

<<Looking closely at your orange paintstick, you believe that there is enough left for about 10 applications.>>

Supposed to look (and usually does) like this.

- Simon

Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 11