Possible Mastery bugs? 09/30/2017 10:33 AM CDT
Just curious if anyone else has noticed this, but after getting my second Mastery I'm not sure they're working quite right. I got Powermonger first, and have just moved on to Tribalist. I was under the impression Tribalist is supposed to reduce the passive regen reduction associated with forms. After looking immediately before and after learning the ability, it doesn't seem to be doing that.

Tested with two forms (Monkey + Piranha), 355 IF, 354 Aug.

With Powermonger, no Tribalist:

****************************/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

With Powermonger + Tribalist:

***************************-/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

It also read me to read back about Masteries, and wonder if my Powermonger is working correctly. I read some posts saying Powermonger brings the passive regen up to 42 or 44. Mine appears to be sitting at 37.

This is my passive bar, no abilities with Powermonger:

/

Any help, or insight, would be appreciated.
Re: Possible Mastery bugs? 10/01/2017 08:21 PM CDT
Forms have two costs - the bars themselves, and the drain. I've never seen Tribalist affect the bars, but it does affect the drain. If it did affect the bars, it'd be double-dipping in what Powermonger already does. If it is supposed to affect the bars, I never witnessed it.

In a nutshell, you should be losing less fire per Form with Tribalist.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Possible Mastery bugs? 10/01/2017 08:58 PM CDT
I see what you mean. For whatever reason I read "reduces passive regen reduction" as reducing how far left the bar moves per form similar to Powermonger. I suppose it probably means that having forms up reduces how fast you passively gain inner fire, and Tribalist reduces that.

Thanks.
Re: Possible Mastery bugs? 10/02/2017 12:07 AM CDT
>> I see what you mean.

You may actually be right, though - for 4 slots, I would think it could potentially do both. It's my experience that it doesn't, but not necessarily that it shouldn't.

If big K is around, maybe he could clarify for us?

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Possible Mastery bugs? 10/08/2017 10:45 AM CDT
Looking back at my notes based on my testing here's what I wrote...

"Tribalist reduces the maintenance cost but not the start-up cost of forms. Does not affect the passive regen rate."

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0