Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/05/2017 09:52 PM CST
I think something is wrong with my inner fire. Before I got any mastery, I used to leave a form idle and be able to activate/stop two berserks back to back no problem (more, even). Since then I got the tribalist mastery, didn't like it, then used my full ability reset I had saved to pick up Powermonger instead.

Now, if I keep up a single form, my inner fire idles so low (3 stars) that I can't activate a single berserk. This is while getting no wind messaging when I meditate flame with a single form up (a second form gives me calm breeze).

It seems my inner fire performance has gotten significantly WORSE since using my reset and getting Powermonger. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

All comparisons are made at idle out of combat. 186 IF skill with Powermonger mastery.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/05/2017 10:17 PM CST
~500 IF, Masteries: Powermonger Yogi Strategos Duelist Tribalist

I haven't noticed any bugs with my inner fire like the interaction you're mentioning, and I have been closely monitoring my IF for a long time now. If you could provide more specific information I might be able to help narrow it down for you. What form(s) were you using before and what form(s) are you using now?

If I had to wager a guess, I would say that you're using a more advanced form than the one(s) you were using before. Remember that Barbarian abilities have the same tiers of difficulty as spells, not all forms are created equal in IF cost.

Example:

You were probably doing something before like Dragon or Buffalo form (intro abilities) and then using Avalanche (intro) and Famine (basic) berserks. At ~150-200 inner fire this would be very plausible and easy to manage for a Barb. Moving the form up one tier (say, Eagle or Piranha instead of Dragon) is going to significantly influence your ability to berserk since the form is costing you more inner fire until you more IF/augmentation skill to handle the additional cost.

Powermonger gives a bonus to your IF skill so it would help you maintain a form a little bit, but the significant bonus from it is raising your passive regen limit (along with showing ability durations in meditate power). If you've played a magic class before, it will essentially give you a bigger starting "mana pool" but if you're using an expensive cyclical spell (i.e. forms) at the edge of your ability, it won't be helping you maintain that spell much.

Hope this helps.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/05/2017 10:40 PM CST
It's just python form before and after, with famine and avalanche berserks. Nothing has changed in the test aside from what I mentioned. I can't account for any difference in why my performance has gotten worse other than the mastery changes.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/05/2017 10:45 PM CST
Not sure what to say, I use all of the above abilities as well as Powermonger and seeing no issue. Are you 100% sure you didn't have another ability in that group that might have influenced the results?

You can always assist in-game and ask to check if you are bugged somehow.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/05/2017 11:17 PM CST
I'm very certain there hasn't been anything else involved. I used to do this all the time for a very long time. Right now my inner fire is idling at 1 star with just python up. It's as though I can't regenerate any inner fire with only a single form up now, which is DEFINITELY not what I have observed for the rest of the entire lifetime of my barbarian.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/07/2017 12:47 PM CST
My guess is that Tribalist is the X factor. It provides a reduced cost to maintenance of forms. This most probably gave you a higher passive regen rate than when you swapped it for Powermonger, which does have a passive regen bonus. However you are probably burning more without Tribalist than what you can regen with Powermonger.

All I can say is that it will cure over time with additional masteries. I'd shoot for Tribalist as your next mastery then see how it goes. Sorry that there may be no real solution except time.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/08/2017 02:53 PM CST

I had Tribalist for all of about an hour. What I'm comparing to is the entire rest of my barbarian's life.

At this point I'm just looking for Shaelin to help me do a comparison test before I BUG it. I want to be extremely certain I can prove this isn't working right.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/08/2017 07:22 PM CST
So from full IF (no abilities up) you put up python. Once your IF drops down to your new max passive regen bar you should idle there. Are you or is it dropping below the bar? Then, start/stop one berserk. Does it regen at all over time back up to the bar?

It's hard for me to believe you would idle at any star with Powermonger and only one form (no berserks) running unless you are indeed bugged. Good luck with your tests and a fix if you are bugged.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/08/2017 09:34 PM CST
With about 200 IF and Powermonger, doing EXACTLY as you describe, with ONLY python form on, I get EXACTLY zero IF regen out of combat (even in 30+ minutes, not a single point restored). It just idles exactly at whatever level I drop it to as if my regen is exactly equal to my maintenance.
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/09/2017 05:25 AM CST
Would you be willing to paste your IF bar before abilities and during (maybe a few times during)? It's kind of lame, but you have to use spaces in between the dashes or it makes a line IIRC.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/09/2017 10:31 PM CST
For the record, with my meditate flame, with no forms up I get "tiny pin pricks of light." One form is no message. Two forms is calm breeze. Three forms is strong gust. I believe in the past before Powermonger a single form gave me strong gust but still idled fine outside of combat, but I can't really go back and verify that.

Hyphens replace with "o" for formatting.

Idle resting state:
The burning symbols indicate no abilities are currently affecting you.
**********************************/ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Immediately after activating python form:
You are currently practicing the Python Form and will hold focus of it for 56 roisaen.
**************************/****oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

After 5 minutes of python form only up:
You are currently practicing the Python Form and will hold focus of it for 51 roisaen.
**************************o/ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Immediately after start/stop berserk avalanche keeping python on:
You are currently practicing the Python Form and will hold focus of it for 50 roisaen.
**********************ooooo/ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

After 5 more minutes with python up:
You are currently practicing the Python Form and will hold focus of it for 45 roisaen.
**********************ooooo/ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Inner Fire Bug/Issue? 02/10/2017 05:30 AM CST
From what I can see, at your ranks, etc, Powermonger seems to be doing fine. What you need is Tribalist to help keep you closer to that passive regen bar (/) that lowers with each form you activate. That will help keep your forms not sucking you dry so much. IMO, the goal for all barbs should be bare bones: Powermonger (pushes / to the right, thus allowing you to run more stuff at once for longer), Tribalist (helps with forms IF consumption), Titan (helps with berserks If consumption). It's a pretty rough system, but once you get a TON of IF, it really works well. Enter rolling on floor laughing emote here.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade