Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Take me to your master 05/16/2016 08:09 PM CDT

Sorry to necro this post Kodius, but you mentioned here that you would do some more testing on lower circle Barbarians and report back. I'm a lower circle Barbarian and trying to plan when to get my first Mastery, and it's largely dependent on how many abilities I can maintain without it. Any chance you could post your thoughts so I can make an informed decision?
Re: Take me to your master 05/17/2016 07:37 PM CDT
Not Kodius...obviously. I've been playing around with my little barbarian and if I were you I'd shoot straight up the Flame path and pick up Powermonger as soon as possible. My two coppers.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Take me to your master 05/18/2016 12:41 AM CDT
I've considered trying to do that, but most of the stuff I really want while I level up is in other paths. Dragon, Eagle, Avalanche, Tenacity and Wildfire all seem really helpful while leveling up. Flame path only has stat buffs (which having low augmentation will mean they're pretty weak) and Tsunami, which is an expert berserk which makes me think it'll be basically useless until I get more magic skills. Death's Shriek also seems really cool, but I have the same concerns with that.

I feel like my choice is rush to powermonger, so I can use a plethora of abilities that are only going to be marginally useful for the foreseeable future... Or pick abilities from all the trees, but only be able to use a couple at a time.

I would really love to know how many forms and berserks I can truly expect to be able to use without powermonger. If can keep 2 forms up, with 1-2 berserks, and meditations done in advance, then I don't feel like I need to rush for powermonger. Posts on these forums seem to suggest that isn't possible though without powermonger or very high skills.
Re: Take me to your master 05/18/2016 07:36 AM CDT

I think trying to distinguish between stat buffs and skill buffs is kind of tricky. I concur with the suggestion to beeline for powermonger. It will provide useful buffs, and more importantly, allow you to use them and all other future buffs. The difference powermonger provided is huge
Re: Take me to your master 05/18/2016 06:47 PM CDT
I guess my primary question here is this:

At ~200 IF/Aug/Warding how many forms, berserks and meditations can we run without powermonger?

I don't see stats coming into play anywhere on how IF consumption is managed, so I assume my stats won't matter for this question, but if I'm wrong there assume average stats for a Circle 40-50 character?
Re: Take me to your master 05/18/2016 07:53 PM CDT

Here's one data point: I am a circle 50 barb with average stats and Titan Mastery (reduces the maintenance cost of Berserks). I try to keep up 2 Berserks (Wildfire, Tornado) and 1 Form (Python) while hunting. That assumes I kill regularly (maybe one kill every 30-60 seconds?). It's common to see my buffs drop if my kill rate slows at all.
Re: Take me to your master 05/18/2016 07:57 PM CDT

As another datapoint, with powermonger I went from being able to use 2-3 forms and 1 berserk, to being able to use 4-5 forms, 2 berserks. It's a ridiculously massive difference, and I wish I'd picked it up waaaaaaaaaay earlier.
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 11:23 AM CDT
Here's what I'm picking up on my Gnome Barbarian which will give him Powermonger by circle 34. Without Avalanche it would be by circle 32 but my Gnome really needed it.
Flame
Buffalo (I'm a Gnome!)
Avalanche (I'm a Gnome! Not in Flame path)
Famine (Good Warding trainer berserk)
Contemplation
Monkey
Screech of Madness (Best cheap roar in Flame)
Bear (I'm a Gnome! Good Warding buff)
Power (Easy IF trainer. Gonna need it sometime anyway)
Serenity (Gonna need it sometime anyway)
Powermonger (Viola!)

I don't have any problems with not having Dragon or Eagle yet. Besides Contemplation, I keep up one form and one or two berserks (Avalanche a lot and Famine if I get hurt too bad).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 01:55 PM CDT
Looks good, I personally have no use for screech of madness, You may want to skip that and just get powermonger slightly later?

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 01:58 PM CDT
Yeah, I'm just using it to train debilitation early on. It's the cheapest and earliest roar in Flame tree. I'll forget it and Buffalo later on when I pick up Yogi and either Tsunami or Turtle. It's a means to an end ;-)

Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 02:05 PM CDT
For what its worth;

I almost always go Roar rage, Avalanche, Famine, then work my way to powermonger.

Those three can train what you need in magic while at the same time are very friendly for noobs. I just power run both zercs and roar quiet rage to kill a little faster. Powermonger helps, but by 34th circle or whatever, your IF management won't be quite the same problem it is now.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 07:39 PM CDT
Good advice. Thanks!

Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 09:27 PM CDT
Thank you all for the advice. I've decided to go with this plan for now:

Levels 1-40 (in this order):

Avalanche (*used infrequently)
Rage (*primary roar)
Dragon (*primary form while working melee)
Tenacity (*always used, help with warding since meditate research is slow)
Wildfire(*primary zerk)
Python (used if I need extra defense...probably in lieu of Dragon if I cannot maintain 2 forms at once)
Focus or Anger (extra point in Horde tree)
Earthquake (*train debil if I'm in town)
Power
Contemplation (*always used)
Monkey (probably won't be used as I can't run more than 1 form)
Swan (used to train warding more efficiently)
Bear (wish I could run this and Dragon...if I can, I will!)
Eagle (I should have 200 bow by now...dual load awesomeness)
...other stuff in Flame until level 62 when I get Powermonger

Then, if I feel weak and I'm sad I can't use enough abilities at once partway through, I'll FORGET ALL and go with some plan that gives me Powermonger. I'm guessing that Dragon + Wildfire, plus stuff like Earthquake and Tenacity will be more exciting and enjoyable than the Flame tree while leveling up. Getting a Str + Warding buff, or a Reflex + balance buff as my primary combat buffs for my first 40 levels seems pretty dull to me. I'd rather go with the more exciting stuff sooner and risk having to FORGET ALL if I'm feeling too limited, rather than walk down a path of relatively run of the mill buffs of anti-magic abilities that probably won't be useful until much later anyway.
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 10:06 PM CDT

I'd skip Earthquake, especially if you only plan on picking it up as a trainer.

>Getting a Str + Warding buff, or a Reflex + balance buff as my primary combat buffs for my first 40 levels seems pretty dull to me. I'd rather go with the more exciting stuff sooner

I don't really understand what you mean by this. What is an 'exciting' buff in this context? Why is offensive and defensive buffing 'dull'?
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 10:17 PM CDT

It doesn't train debil?
Re: Take me to your master 05/19/2016 10:24 PM CDT
<<Getting a Str + Warding buff, or a Reflex + balance buff as my primary combat buffs for my first 40 levels seems pretty dull to me.
<<run of the mill buffs

I wouldn't skip a reflex/balance buff (either is a very good buff to have, and both together is amazing) on any character, especially if obtainable at early levels. Particularly on a Barbarian which tends to have slightly less stats than others in a given hunting area due to the tendency to move up the critter ladder faster than other guilds.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 12:21 AM CDT
Hm, okay. Thanks for the tip. I was definitely planning to pick it up on my way up the Flame tree, but I assumed it would take a backseat to Dragon if I can only use one form. If not, I'll use that in conjunction with Dragon.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 12:26 AM CDT
<I don't really understand what you mean by this. What is an 'exciting' buff in this context? Why is offensive and defensive buffing 'dull'?>

Well, getting a +2 strength and +2 reflex doesn't sound very exciting to me. At low level that's about all I can expect from it, right? Compared to at least 10 extra ranks of a weapon, maybe more with Dragon. Berserk Wildfire comes with an agility buff, but more importantly, a round time reduction that might be worth 10+ strength or agility in comparison.

Sure, at end game those stat buffs could be 15+ bonuses which would be huge. But that's a long ways off unless I'm reading everything wrong?
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 12:52 AM CDT
Even a 2 point increase to reflex is noticeable at low ranks as is balance regeneration. The former helps to avoid hits, the latter helps recover faster from stuns and certain maneuvers.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 06:52 AM CDT

I don't even see the need to put up forms/berserks. I'm circle 29 and I haven't used a single Barb ability yet.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 07:25 AM CDT

> Even a 2 point increase to reflex is noticeable at low ranks as is balance regeneration. The former helps to avoid hits, the latter helps recover faster from stuns and certain maneuvers.

I'd say the same about strength. Going from a burden to no burden is one of the best things you can do for your character. Weapons, skins, boxes... they're heavy.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 07:53 AM CDT

What I would like to see very much is an awesome multi target attack. Something that can kill two or more opponents and is running or useable constantly. I think barbs are really lacking in this one area.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 09:44 AM CDT
>I'd say the same about strength. Going from a burden to no burden is one of the best things you can do for your character. Weapons, skins, boxes... they're heavy.

I disagree. As someone who plays a ton of novice characters, it is dead simple to remove things and hit no burden, and 2 strength has an almost negligible impact on everything else. 2 points of reflex is huge, even with massive armor hindrance. And you can't dump junk to increase that.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 10:03 AM CDT

> I disagree. As someone who plays a ton of novice characters, it is dead simple to remove things and hit no burden, and 2 strength has an almost negligible impact on everything else. 2 points of reflex is huge, even with massive armor hindrance. And you can't dump junk to increase that.

I don't play a lot of novice characters, but my experience makes me disagree. Burden affects everything from athletics to evasion. If you want to train all armors (as you should), train as many weapons as you reasonably can, and try to make a little money on the side then burden is a problem until the 30s-40s, especially for someone without the ease burden spell (Maybe a barbarian cantrip equivalent?). You can bring that down a bit by using lightweight-crafted gear, but it's still an issue.

Strength buffs weapon RTs, burden/encumbrance (thus reducing the penalty to evasion), athletics, forging, parry, shield, brawling accuracy, fatigue costs for some attacks, some roars (stat contests), weapon damage (thus learning).
Reflex buffs brawling, shield, evasion, general defense, and stealth.

So, again, in my mind a strength buff does almost as much as reflex while doing a LOT more.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 11:15 AM CDT
Most people, even novices, don't run around with a ton of burden. I'd say typically burdened for a novice. While this does have an effect on combat it's not that large of one. Once you start getting into heavy burden and higher, then the burden penalty starts to become more noticeable. I'd say the benefit of increased strength at low level is extending the time that you can stay in combat before the burden penalty becomes too large to handle rather than an immediately noticeable improvement in ability.

This is also dependent on your looting style. I'm of the stow everything as I loot it camp in order to avoid calling the janitor as much as possible, so a strength buff at low level does increase how long I can stay in combat before I start taking hits I normally would not have. Someone who leaves bundles and/or boxes on the ground would probably not need the buff for this purpose.

This also doesn't really apply to higher level, since people typically have enough base STR/STA to have a buffer before they even reach light burden. Heck, even with two bags full of boxes and a full bundle I only reach burdened or so at this point, and my str/sta are only around 40-45.

Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 12:44 PM CDT
>I don't play a lot of novice characters, but my experience makes me disagree. Burden affects everything from athletics to evasion. If you want to train all armors (as you should), train as many weapons as you reasonably can, and try to make a little money on the side then burden is a problem until the 30s-40s, especially for someone without the ease burden spell (Maybe a barbarian cantrip equivalent?). You can bring that down a bit by using lightweight-crafted gear, but it's still an issue.

What? What on earth are you doing that you have burden into your mid 40s?

Using a complete novice, wearing a full clown suit from the Crossings store, and 6+ weapons from the crossings store, plus any guild specific kit, at 10-15 strength, you should not have any burden outside hunting. Go hunt. Return. Repair gear, sell skins, deposit coins, empty boxes.

I was leaving off Ease burden because A) I literally never use it, B) this is the barb folder.

>Strength buffs weapon RTs

2 points of strength at strength 10-20 will not, realistically. I was going to go through your list, but it's goofy, like you dredged up everything strength might possibly impact, and then went 'reflex doesn't do anything, see?'

Also, it's not a good idea to compare strength in non-combat systems to reflex in combat systems.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 12:55 PM CDT
<<Using a complete novice, wearing a full clown suit from the Crossings store, and 6+ weapons from the crossings store, plus any guild specific kit, at 10-15 strength, you should not have any burden outside hunting.

Something is off with your assessment.

> enc
Encumbrance : Burdened
> inv combat
All of your combat:

a metal scale balaclava
a narrow-headed spear
a rugged leather jerkin
some metal chain vambraces
a metal target shield
a polished steel parry stick
some metal scale gloves
some metal chain greaves
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]
> weal

Wealth:
No Kronars.
No Lirums.
No Dokoras.

> inv list
>
You take a moment and rummage about your person, taking stock of your possessions...

You have:

a lumpy bundle
-a hog hoof
a metal scale balaclava
a pale wolfskin cloak
a petite hedgehog wearing a vermilion knit hat
a narrow-headed spear
a sleek leather haversack
a pale wolfskin backpack
-some wild corn
-a double-bit greataxe
-a big-noggin throwing hammer
-a reinforced elder hirdu bow
-a deed register
-an osage kingsnake bead
-an elm wolverine bead
-a cut crystal chalice wrapped with silver wire
-some holy water
-a cleaning cloth
-some dogfish sandpaper
-some wood stain
-some wood glue
-some metal clamps
-an engineering work order logbook
-a rugged leather weapon harness
-an ilmenite runestone marked with a symbol for Clear Vision
-some bundling rope
-some wild corn
-a petite hedgehog wearing a vermilion knit hat
-a milky white jar covered in black glitter spots
-a golden-rayed sun banded in warm sunrise hues
-a redwood kingsnake bead
-a carving knife
-a woodcutting saw
-a book of apprentice shaping instructions
-a simple design codex
-a metal drawknife
-a thin iron rasp
-a wood shaper
a dark green cotton gamantang
a rugged leather jerkin
a braided cambrinth armband
some metal chain vambraces
a metal target shield
a small steel skinning knife with a leather-wrapped hilt
a polished steel parry stick
some metal scale gloves
a grey cambrinth ring
a black gem pouch (closed)
a lockpick ring
a hammered copper tailband
some well-made jade green brushed cotton trousers
some metal chain greaves
a beaded suede quiver
-some cougar-claw arrows

Roundtime: 4 secs

[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]
R> info

>
Name: Redacted Race: S'Kra Mur Guild: Ranger
You were born on the 21st day of the 1st month of Akroeg the Ram (Sur2) in the year of the Bronze Wyvern, 400 years after the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

Your birthday is 30 days away.

Strength : 19 Reflex : 18
Agility : 16 Charisma : 16
Discipline : 16 Wisdom : 15
Intelligence : 15 Stamina : 16

Concentration : 86 Max : 86

Favors : 20
TDPs : 161
Encumbrance : Burdened

Wealth:
No Kronars.
No Lirums.
No Dokoras.

Debt:
No debt.

>

> count gem pouch
You sort through the contents of the gem pouch and find 8 gems in it. It is tied.

Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 01:01 PM CDT
>>What? What on earth are you doing that you have burden into your mid 40s?

Some players carry more than just basic gear. Inv count goes to 500 for a reason.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 01:30 PM CDT
Kind of off-topic, but here's my warrior mage with one bundle 3/4 full. 40th circle.

Your birthday is more than 4 months away.

Strength : 28 Reflex : 25 +
Agility : 22 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 24 Wisdom : 34
Intelligence : 35 Stamina : 24

Concentration : 148 Max : 148

Favors : 7
TDPs : 94
Encumbrance : Somewhat Burdened

That's with no extra weapons (summoning). I drop down to none when I remove the bundle, but that goes back up with a couple more weapons, especially two-handed ones. I'm using gloves and head gear for all armor types.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 02:18 PM CDT
>Something is off with your assessment.

You've got at least 3 massive weapons (greataxe, throwing hammer, spear) which could be replaced with lighter variants from Crossings. You als have an odd duplication thing going on, unless you really do have two hedgehogs and armor sets? There's also a container inside your backpack that could house a lot of weight.

>Some players carry more than just basic gear. Inv count goes to 500 for a reason.

The discussion was specific for a reason. The merits of a low level 2 strength buff vs. 2 reflex buff. Burden is vastly easier to manipulate than evasion.

>Kind of off-topic, but here's my warrior mage with one bundle 3/4 full. 40th circle.

Well, yes, bundles are heavy? I don't know what you guys are doing. I've literally never had burden outside hunting. Are you carrying around 4000 random items? I mean, you would have to be, to have that burden at 30 strength. Even wearing full plate.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 02:55 PM CDT
<<You've got at least 3 massive weapons (greataxe, throwing hammer, spear) which could be replaced with lighter variants from Crossings.

The greataxe is from the Crossing shop and is 10 stones lighter than the only other option there for that skill. The spear is also from that shop and is the lightest polearm option there by 25 stones. The throwing hammer is technically not strictly necessary due to the spear, but it makes training far easier since using LOB with the spear was resulting in noticeable accuracy issues and there isn't a non-piercing HT sold anywhere in Crossing at newbie prices.

<<You als have an odd duplication thing going on, unless you really do have two hedgehogs and armor sets?

Two hedgehogs, yes. That extra 5 stone is killer. INV LIST and INV COMBAT list the same armour pieces. I included the inv combat output so you could easily see the armor set-up.

<<There's also a container inside your backpack that could house a lot of weight.

INV LIST lists everything inside of containers unless they're closed, which it is not so that container is empty. This is why I included a count of my tied gem pouch which as you'll see in the list is closed.

<<I don't know what you guys are doing. I've literally never had burden outside hunting. Are you carrying around 4000 random items? I mean, you would have to be, to have that burden at 30 strength. Even wearing full plate.

You must "literally" be carrying nothing but your armor and weapons and containers to hold them if you have zero burden at 10 strength and stamina. People craft. People have hobbies. People wear pants.

Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 03:51 PM CDT
>ONEPUNCH: I don't even see the need to put up forms/berserks. I'm circle 29 and I haven't used a single Barb ability yet.

Perhaps the Trader guild is more for you? I don't understand why you wouldn't use any abilities.

>ONEPUNCH: What I would like to see very much is an awesome multi target attack. Something that can kill two or more opponents and is running or useable constantly. I think barbs are really lacking in this one area.

You're not wrong, but perhaps you're unaware of WHIRLWIND? It's inferior to AoE cyclic TM, but it's most certainly an AoE weapon attack available to Barbs.

>WIZTURBO2: Well, getting a +2 strength and +2 reflex doesn't sound very exciting to me. At low level that's about all I can expect from it, right? Compared to at least 10 extra ranks of a weapon, maybe more with Dragon. Berserk Wildfire comes with an agility buff, but more importantly, a round time reduction that might be worth 10+ strength or agility in comparison. Sure, at end game those stat buffs could be 15+ bonuses which would be huge. But that's a long ways off unless I'm reading everything wrong?

Firstly, you're listing the minimum buffs. Since Str and Reflex are both within the Barb SoI, you'll probably be getting more than +2 pts of either with Bear/Monkey, and you'll probably be getting more than 10 weapon ranks (you did write 'at least' though). But that aside, it's all relative right? A buff is a buff, and it makes you 15-20% better. I would hesitate to compare stat to skills - there are a lot of variables at play and knowing if Str will be more useful than Weapon ranks is probably fairly hard to tease out. So, why not pick up Powermonger and use both?

Berserk Wildfire is also a Berserk, meaning you'll have a pretty hard time using it consistantly. I'm also not sure that round time reduction is actually a thing with it. Some of the documentation on Barb abilities is a bit weird. I remember hearing that Wildfire was a general OF booster too, but I'm not sure. It's a fine ability to be sure, but I'm not sure it's better than Bear + Dragon/Eagle. And without Powermonger, you really have to unfortunately decide between which buffs you use. Which is why I'd suggest beelining for Powermonger, so you don't really have to choose.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 05:32 PM CDT

Honestly would like to see more special attacks of anything. Barbs since they don't have any spells can get a bit boring during hunting.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 05:44 PM CDT
>The spear is also from that shop and is the lightest polearm option there by 25 stones.

Arthe dale short hunting spear. It's 2 minutes away, 20 stone.

>The greataxe is from the Crossing shop and is 10 stones lighter than the only other option there for that skill.

You're right. I thought it was the heaviest one there. Had my mental order backwards.

>The throwing hammer is technically not strictly necessary due to the spear,

Ok. So this could be accomplished via A) throw/lob spear, B) throwing a log (requires 20 strength). The log weights 40 stone vs. your hammer at 67, so the net win is lob. I've never (again) had problems with accuracy at low levels on lob, just because if it hits you win exp.

> INV LIST and INV COMBAT list the same armour pieces.

I was reading on my phone. My sincerest apologies if it made reading your list difficult. That's why I asked about the duplication.

>Two hedgehogs, yes. That extra 5 stone is killer.

Every stone counts.

>You must "literally" be carrying nothing but your armor and weapons and containers to hold them if you have zero burden at 10 strength and stamina. People craft. People have hobbies. People wear pants.

Let's go back to the tape!

>Using a complete novice, wearing a full clown suit from the Crossings store, and 6+ weapons from the crossings store, plus any guild specific kit, at 10-15 strength, you should not have any burden outside hunting.

Turns out it's important to pay attention to what people say. Want pants? Drop the second hedgehog, there's 5 free stone. Pants weight 10.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Trousers_(1)

This entire conversation was oriented around min-max stat conversions. My original statement was that burden is so trivially easy to control that, at low levels, reflex is a hugely better investment because you can always lose items to control burden, but you can't do anything to control reflex and evasion. Here's the quote on that too.

>As someone who plays a ton of novice characters, it is dead simple to remove things and hit no burden, and 2 strength has an almost negligible impact on everything else. 2 points of reflex is huge, even with massive armor hindrance. And you can't dump junk to increase that.
Re: Take me to your master ::Nudge:: 05/20/2016 06:38 PM CDT
A post was hidden. Please try to address the points being made instead of attacking other posters.

Thanks,
Adilea

If you have a question about the forums, please e-mail me (mod-adilea@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Helje (dr-helje@play.net), or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (dr-annwyl@play.net).
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 07:14 PM CDT
>>Every stone counts.

You're not incorrect, but at the same time I think it is unreasonable to teach novices to not carry stuff on them in order to reach maximum combat efficiency.

I feel that driving people toward no burden at the expense of what many see as a major aspect of the game (aka: having fun stuff) is silly.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Take me to your master 05/20/2016 09:43 PM CDT
My lowbie is a Gnome. I have ~20 in all stats except charisma ~10. I use Buffalo out of combat to haul my tiny body around if I'm burdened. I use Bear in combat to give the extra "umph" to my combat hits and manage encumbrance problems from skins and loot. Once I get my STR/STAM up a bit more then Monkey is it for me. Of course by that time I'll probably have Powermonger so it won't be an either or choice.

We're getting a bit off the secondary poster's question though. He/She has opinions to beeline to Powermonger and spread out selections to get Dragon/Eagle because the Flame tree is pretty anti-magic extensive. I'm testing out the beeline path (as Rhadyn was 85th circle when I started playing again and didn't have to go through the whole lowbie thing). I think my plan is good but I'll PAFO. No harm no foul if I'm wrong but at least we'll all still be barbs and not silly finger wagglers.

Re: Take me to your master 05/21/2016 01:41 AM CDT
So I listened to the advice here and started down the Flame tree to get Monkey form. I'm glad I listened. I underestimated the value of Monkey form, however many points of reflex it gives, it's definitely noticeable.

I can't run Monkey and Dragon together, which is a shame, but continuing on this path will get me to the point where I can faster... So I think my training plans are set!

Thanks for all your help everyone.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page