Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 12:44 PM CDT
I'm trying to understand how fire works with forms. My understanding is that there is no initial cost (though my example below shows an actual gain in IF), then it uses power over time until ends. However, if you stop the form early does it use up all the IF it would have if left running until done.

All this to ask, how does activating, running and stopping forms affect IF, in a nutshell.

>med power
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
Symbolic representations of your inner fire manipulations begin to form.
The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.
You are currently practicing the Piranha Form and will hold focus of it for 41 roisaen.
You are currently practicing the Eagle Form and will hold focus of it for 54 roisaen.
You are currently practicing the Bear Form and will hold focus of it for 2 roisaen.
The Contemplation meditation will persist in your mind for 6 roisaen.
**************/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
>form stop all
You feel your inner fire cool as you finish practicing the Form of the Bear.
You feel your inner fire cool as you finish practicing the Form of the Piranha.
You feel your inner fire cool as you finish practicing the Form of the Eagle.
>med power
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.
The Contemplation meditation will persist in your mind for 5 roisaen.
/

(Waiting until back at full power (about 3 minutes based on Contemplation remaining)

>med power
Roundtime: 7 sec.
The Contemplation meditation will persist in your mind for 2 roisaen.
************************/

>form bear
A lumbering strength fills your body as you assume the movements of a hungry bear!
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R>med power
Roundtime: 7 sec.
You are currently practicing the Bear Form and will hold focus of it for 81 roisaen.
The Contemplation meditation will persist in your mind for 1 roisaen.
*******************/*

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 12:52 PM CDT
Formatting stinks but you can count the asterisks to see what I mean. Starting bear actually added three asterisks to the right of my full bar marker

Re: Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 01:10 PM CDT
The reason that it appears that your inner fire was gained is actually an illusion. When you activated the form, your passive regeneration bar (/) went down to the left. You had a little bit of the excess inner fire from before activating the form and that is what you see to the right of that bar. Also, regarding inner fire, when forms pulse, they consume inner fire.

Each time you activate a form or berserk, that passive regeneration bar goes down.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 01:18 PM CDT
So when I stop them it's an illusion as well? Meaning that the amount of fire I have is the same but the passive regen bar moves to the right?

Re: Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 01:22 PM CDT
When you stop them, the bar should move to the right and whatever IF you have at the time is just there. Killing things and completing analyze flame combos can move IF to the right of the bar.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 04:45 PM CDT
Can you confirm (because I'm unsure) that Berserks lower the passive regen point as well? I just tested with Wildfire and didn't see a difference.
Re: Starting, Running and Stopping Forms 04/29/2015 05:34 PM CDT
Sorry, forms.