IF Ranking 10/25/2013 04:25 AM CDT
(A little tongue in cheek. Just a little.)

I realize and understand how IF got grandfathered. I realize that being a tert skill it isn't going to move as fast as primaries. And I know this has been talked about. I've read everything I can across every relevant site and went through the motions when it hit the game. What I still don't understand is how a 58th circle Barbarian could only have an IF rank roughly half of the average of all primary combat skills.

I get the Primary versus Tertiary. If it was a tert skill that was rarely used or didn't influence our actions so significantly than it would be much of an issue. We may not NEED forms/berserks/meditations to take down our foe, but we have them and if we didn't than we may as well been a commoner.

Is this what Paladins have to deal with? Because this is awful. ;)

Deretis
Re: IF Ranking 10/25/2013 06:41 AM CDT
>>Is this what Paladins have to deal with? Because this is awful. ;)

We need a fair bit of magic, and no its not terrible. My magics are well ahead of my other terts due to ease.

You have enough 1st Magic (Attunement) for Circle 184 and need 1 (650) ranks for circle 185
You have enough 2nd Magic (Augmentation) for Circle 191 and need 8 (656) ranks for circle 192
You have enough 3rd Magic (Arcana) for Circle 231 and need 3 (640) ranks for circle 232

Samsaren
Re: IF Ranking 10/25/2013 08:18 AM CDT
>I get the Primary versus Tertiary.

I mean, that's your answer. Considering you can always keep IF, Aug, and Warding locked passively and at almost no cost, it's in a better place than every other tert skill placement I've seen. My highest circle character also sees the roughly half paradigm as well for primary v tertiary.

> but we have them and if we didn't than we may as well been a commoner.

Even at half our weapon placement, I find them to be hugely beneficial. Even without their buffing, we still have dual load (Eagle needs to be up, so, not the best point), LT multitoss, and soon Expertise, not to mention primary skill learning rate for weapons. We are nothing like commoners, you're being a bit dramatic here.
Re: IF Ranking 10/25/2013 06:52 PM CDT

Deretis sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes, well she eats you.
Re: IF Ranking 10/25/2013 08:41 PM CDT
>>Deretis sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes, well she eats you.

Can I get a like button for this?

If its scaling the same for those of you 100+ then there isn't much else I can say. I certainly don't have a problem keeping IF locked. Just feels like it should be higher.

Deretis
Re: IF Ranking 10/25/2013 08:50 PM CDT
I wasn't meaning to be dramatic, ergo the tongue-in-cheek. I don't have much to be dramatic about with DR. I've ridden the DR wave for a long time now. I'm not complaining so much as observing the degree of separation.

Inner Fire: 173 Augmentation: 144
Debilitation: 82 Warding: 83

Kodius made it pretty clear that not everyone was going be happy with it. I'm not UN-happy at all. Not even really miffed. Just a kinda.... cock your head to the side and say, "Huh?"

Deretis
Re: IF Ranking 10/26/2013 08:15 AM CDT
I was a little confused as to the spread of the magic skills as well.

Inner Fire: 843 64% mind lock (34/34)
Augmentation: 769 29% mind lock (34/34)
Debilitation: 695 55% very riveted (29/34)
Warding: 673 29% rapt (30/34)

Another thing I found strange is that appraisal (which I only work in combat, and is also tertiary) is significantly higher than my inner fire.

Appraisal: 953 31.43% interested (12/34)

Probably has something to do with the fact that I slowed down on power circling once I hit 150th, as I'm sure the grandfathered ranks would have closed this gap somewhat.

Regardless, not a complaint. Everything's working fine on my end heh.

Don't make accounts while under the influence - it may lead to ridiculous spelling errors.
Re: IF Ranking 10/28/2013 12:00 PM CDT
It's a pretty well known fact that everyone would have higher ranks if they had the skills since the beginning, probably by a lot. But I believe everyone, including other guilds are having the same rules applied during grandfathering so it's fair in that sense.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons