Inner fire bugs? 11/26/2012 03:12 AM CST
Okay was working on the test server tonight some. I'm hoping things are changing as far as IF gain in combat goes because it must be bugged or something for now.
Out of combat I could use 3 forms without problem if I started with full passive IF level. once I started the 4th it dried me up and they all droped fast.

77th circle barb fighting adult & mature gryphons..
locked a few weapons killing them. and kept killing them after they were locked just to see if it made a diffrence.
I could keep 3 forms going but never seem to gain any amount of IF almost like killing isnt giving anything.
tried with just 2 forms.. no change... tried with just 1 form seemed to at one point get about 3 ticks above the passive inner fire max level. But the gain from killing creatures even with just 1 form was almost not noticable and I wondered if it was just my passive IF regeneration that I was seeing move up after starting the form.

I couldn't use berserk flashflood at all with 2 or 3 forms up no matter how fast and how much I killed. 1 time was able to use the berserk for vitality regen but seemed to tank my IF. Couldn't use meditates either.
with only 1 form dragon active and a little above full max passive IF level (just over 1/3rd of my total) I tried to use meditate tenacity while sitting down in a room with no creatuers etc totaly out of combat. Got a message I had to be out of combat and clear of mind... also it burned all my IF down to just about nothing trying to use it.

Is IF supposed to get used if you try an ability and cant start it? Does using meditate power use IF or something? Does killing give us IF yet or is that not turned on?
Re: Inner fire bugs? 11/26/2012 07:23 AM CST
Test stuff needs to go in the 3.0 folders. That's where the GMs are watching. Splattering it across all the boards reduces their ability to track and focus fire.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Inner fire bugs? 11/26/2012 12:53 PM CST
Yes, please keep these in the 3.0 folder. I'll answer though...

>>Is IF supposed to get used if you try an ability and cant start it?

No, only if the meditation starts and then gets interrupted. This looks like a bug.

>>I couldn't use berserk flashflood at all with 2 or 3 forms up no matter how fast and how much I killed. 1 time was able to use the berserk for vitality regen but seemed to tank my IF. Couldn't use meditates either.

Berserks do drain IF faster than forms, but do not suffer from the ramp-up time and have a much smaller initial hit than meditations.

I recommend trying to have about 1/2 your IF full while using 3 forms, and then enabling Wildfire. This will give it a decent pool of IF to drain from.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Inner fire bugs? 11/26/2012 01:43 PM CST
Okay thanks for the reply. I'll do some more testing. There is a 3.0 folder? I'll have to look some more I guess hehe.