Chakrel 11/26/2011 11:32 PM CST
So it occurred to me a few weeks ago that with Flame Meditation, chakrel will become worthless.

So, what's the plan with Chakrel in 3.0? Will the meditation act similar to the imperfect chakrel now?
Re: Chakrel 11/27/2011 12:37 AM CST
Assuming nothing has changed, chakrel is planned to empower meditations - either with some sort of bonus, or a shorter start-up time. Player-made chakrel is also planned at some point.
Malkien
Re: Chakrel 11/27/2011 12:53 AM CST
Would weapon grade chakrel work the same as it does now?
Re: Chakrel 11/27/2011 01:06 AM CST
>>Would weapon grade chakrel work the same as it does now?

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Post:Tentative_Barbarian_Ability_List_-_3/6/2011_-_2:42:33

* Infusor (combat feat) - Grants the chakrel bonus without actually wearing chakrel, and allows infusing of chakrel. Note - infused chakrel will be improved versions of perfect chakrel, planned for stone carving.

* Chakrel - Rough, Perfect and Infused varieties. Reduce meditation time. Possible other uses. Never required, though.

* Chakrel Weapons - Likely will have a tie-in to crafting. Still in the process of developing a bigger picture for them with lore. (Note: I'm not sure if he's talking about currently-existing chakrel weapons, or the creation of weapons with chakrel infused.)

That's everything we know about chakrel. I'm not sure what your question is exactly. Are you asking if you can still meditate on it? Perhaps Kodius would like to step in and speak more, but failing that, the design for chakrel's role in 3.0 is still largely undecided, last we heard.
Malkien