Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 02:09 AM CDT
Just had this idea... It'd be pretty awesome if barbarians could have the ability to use a portion (1 level) of inner fire to light an arrow, or arrows (depending if you're dual loading) on fire.

Main purpose would be to then shoot somebody who's doused with naptha... It think it'd be a pretty awesome ability.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 02:19 AM CDT
>>Just had this idea... It'd be pretty awesome if barbarians could have the ability to use a portion (1 level) of inner fire to light an arrow, or arrows (depending if you're dual loading) on fire.

Inner fire is certainly superhuman in nature, but the fire part of it is metaphorical.

I look forward to its uses being expanded beyond simple buffs. Assuming the particular abilities haven't changed, we'll be getting something similar to Aether Cloak, and an ability that damages everything engaged a Mantle of Flame.

However, I do not think inner fire will ever manifest itself in the form of control over the elements. It could easily be a combat feat though, maybe with a flint in your quiver or something, lighting the arrow with one smooth motion of your hand.
Malkien
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 02:42 AM CDT
I understand that it is metaphorical and such, but there was a suggestion of a feat to allow the use of inner fire to light areas. It would be similar in nature. Or hell, take it to the next level and with this feat you actually breath flames on an arrow! :P
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 06:27 AM CDT
>>I understand that it is metaphorical and such, but there was a suggestion of a feat to allow the use of inner fire to light areas. It would be similar in nature. Or hell, take it to the next level and with this feat you actually breath flames on an arrow! :P

Fly to the islands with wings of rage!
Malkien
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 06:35 AM CDT
That's pyrokinesis, Kyle.

It's also the demesne of Warrior Mages. You may have heard their indignation.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 03:19 PM CDT
All joking aside, I think it would be a good idea to move the "lighting people on fire" out of being HT/warmie exclusive area... Just sayin'.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 04:17 PM CDT
>All joking aside, I think it would be a good idea to move the "lighting people on fire" out of being HT/warmie exclusive area... Just sayin'.

While I agree, barbs turning metaphorical fire into literal fire is hardly the method to do it.

While I never have anything witty to say, I currently lack anything venemous either.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 09:33 PM CDT
Hence the >All joking aside
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 10:47 PM CDT
>>All joking aside, I think it would be a good idea to move the "lighting people on fire" out of being HT/warmie exclusive area... Just sayin'.

Hence my suggestion to make it a combat feat with flint in your pocket!
Malkien
Re: Feat with Fire 10/22/2011 11:02 PM CDT
>Hence the >All joking aside

Eh. It's late and I'm bored, so I'll argue meaningless things. The way I read it was 'I'm going to say this, and then resuggest the silly thing in a serious manner as a dodge'.

While I never have anything witty to say, I currently lack anything venemous either.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 04:06 AM CDT
Well, if you actually read my posts, you'll see that I was throwing out a general idea of what could be done, and after that I was being stupid. So how about you add onto/make USEFUL criticisms that haven't already been stated? mmmm'k thanks.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 10:03 AM CDT
>Well, if you actually read my posts, you'll see that I was throwing out a general idea of what could be done, and after that I was being stupid. So how about you add onto/make USEFUL criticisms that haven't already been stated? mmmm'k thanks.

Just because you don't like my comment, does not make it invalid or useless. If you want to make comments about things which people have already said are stupid or silly or game breaking, the onus is on you to justify it with IC logic.

What I would be moderately fine with is barbs having a 'supersonic' finger rub, which produces enough friction to ignite small tinder. Obviously it would require some physical concentration, because it would be pretty painful on the fingers, so the IF hit makes sense.

There, perfectly IC and silly logic that doesn't go 'i has if, i has of, they be same, i is lighter'.

Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 10:04 AM CDT
I'd rather not see inner fire being used that way.

However, I'd love if we could directly control the effect inner fire has on our abilities (how strong/long they are, etc..). Perhaps a meditation for that would be great.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 12:03 PM CDT

Justify it with IC logic...
You're a funny dude.

It's a game. He likes the idea of lighting arrows on fire as a barb. This is a reasonable way to do it in a world full of metaphysical things where barbs meditate on a flame to determine how much fire they have in their soul... Clearly some kind of link there that could be turned into abilities.

Your first comment was snarky, confrontational, and unrelated to his suggestion other than being a tangential criticism of his posting style.

All of that said...I'm with everyone else...Let WMs light stuff on fire. I want my barb to be an exploding ball of weaponized rage...Like with weapons and stuff.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 06:15 PM CDT
>>All of that said...I'm with everyone else...Let WMs light stuff on fire. I want my barb to be an exploding ball of weaponized rage...Like with weapons and stuff.<<

Amen. Hallelujah! Preach it!
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 07:54 PM CDT
<<I want my barb to be an exploding ball of weaponized rage...Like with weapons and stuff.>>

Perfect. This and only this.
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 08:07 PM CDT
>>It's a game. He likes the idea of lighting arrows on fire as a barb. This is a reasonable way to do it in a world full of metaphysical things where barbs meditate on a flame to determine how much fire they have in their soul... Clearly some kind of link there that could be turned into abilities.

Yes, however these suggestions are showing a lack of understanding on Barbarian lore.

Inner fire just doesn't work that way. You can't compare it to mana-magic because they're two different things.

Armifer has mentioned that the entire concept may be altered regarding Barb abilities and how they're fueled (so the suggestion has a slight chance in E3.0), but in the current philosophy it simply won't happen because of lore.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Feat with Fire 10/23/2011 10:10 PM CDT
Inner Fire AOE Grenades coming in Barb 3.0.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons