You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/28/2007 06:56 PM CDT
Medic Tolvaren just arrived.
s>
Tolvaren gestures.
Tolvaren's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.
You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire.
A gusty but pleasant breeze begins to stir.

What could Tolvaren have cast to cause a decrease in my inner fire?
Re: You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/28/2007 06:59 PM CDT
He cast Zephyr- and barbarians are allergic to magic.

Medic isn't just an empath title any more: Now it's open to anyone with enough first aid skill.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/28/2007 08:10 PM CDT
So............ hanging around magic users... is like NOT a wise thing to do, eh?
Re: You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/28/2007 08:20 PM CDT
The thing is, if you resist the spell at all, you will not take an inner-fire hit. The same is true if the spell is already active when you walk into a room.

Most mages try to warn barbarians if they're about to cast group or area-effect spells. But there is always that possible accident or even a rarer snert.

My little plat barb has caused spells to collapse during invasions. So any more I move her out of triage areas ASAP.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/28/2007 08:45 PM CDT
>> My little plat barb has caused spells to collapse during invasions. So any more I move her out of triage areas ASAP.

Ouch. That sounds to be quite disruptive in an emergency situation, even if ye don't mean to be. Had no idea a barb could be like that.
Re: You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/28/2007 08:50 PM CDT
>>Ouch. That sounds to be quite disruptive in an emergency situation, even if ye don't mean to be. Had no idea a barb could be like that.

Yes, it can be. The almost-fortunate thing is that barbarians have very low inner-fire for a while after their deaths- at least, when they have to depart. But once spirit and fire begin to recover, it's generally a good idea to move elsewhere- at least, if there is an emergency situation.

Re: You sense a decrease in the level of your inner fire. 07/31/2007 08:43 AM CDT
I like to join paladins casting courage and snicker.

I am --- Navak