Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 12:03 PM CDT
Hi again Iayn,

I posted before about my berserks outta dragon ending instantaneously leaving me stunned for insane amounts of time. I finally got my amulet out of the vault and decided to test my IF because something weird is going on. Here are some IF snapshots when just standing in the guild.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of pristine quality burning outward at twice your height.
You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

You leap to your feet!
>
You feel better balanced.

Your movements feel completely unhindered.

You slowly center yourself, your mind growing quiet as a quickly building rage surges through your body, your limbs quaking with its boundless strength. A terrible roar of fury and bloodlust rips from your throat as the Form of the Dragon consumes you, only a thread of control fighting back the descent into a berserker's madness.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
>
You feel fully balanced again.

You kneel down upon the ground.

You begin to meditate upon the dragon amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.

Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of flames that extends nearly your full height again above you.

You leap to your feet!
>
You sense the equilibrium of the Dragon present within you, stabilizing your stance.

You feel fully balanced again.

You kneel down upon the ground.

You begin to meditate upon the dragon amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.

Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little over half your height again above you.

You sense the equilibrium of the Dragon present within you, stabilizing your stance.

Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of flames that extends nearly your full height again above you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The first meditation was performed right after I danced dragon. The others were done immediately after the messeging for dragon appeared. I've been able to dance dragon back to back for the last 10 circles or so, and I am still able to do so although it appears I'm backtracking and am at lower amounts of IF than previously. I don't remember dragon pulses taking so much IF either. Has something been changed?
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:00 PM CDT
I thought "leaping to your feet" spent a little IF? Or am I mistaken? It looks like that might have attributed to one of the drops you posted.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website!!

Quote of the moment >> "If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
-- Sam Levenson
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:07 PM CDT
It's normal that if you aren't recovering IF faster than the dance burns it that your IF drops. They seem to take a set amount to start then pulse using IF throughout the dance. I know when I was lower circle I would see my IF drop thoughout the dance and now after the hit to start it my IF just keeps increasing for the lower dances.

Here is an example post from the old Vibrato when he was 100th with 55 disc:

Dragon- Duration // 19:30 *using dragon amulet for additional time
Inner fire dropped to #5 message initially and briefly returned to #4 at about the 1 minute mark. Inner fire never returned to full status during dance. #6 message reached at 3:30. #7 message reached at 8:15. #8 message reached at 15:30. Dance concluded at #8 message. Inner fire decay was more systematic and orderly in comparison to wolverines erratic up and down movement.Attained full inner fire again 8 1/2 minute after dance ended.

No idea on it using more IF than it used to for you and no explanation for the longer stuns. Are you using the same berserks out of dragon as you were before? Sure you know they use different IF amounts to start which will impact your stun length.

Thx.
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:09 PM CDT
Sorry, I removed my input commands so I see where thats misleading. Where I leap to my feet is from me manually typing dance, and is not dragon leaping me to my feet (only berserks do that by the way).
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:16 PM CDT
>>No idea on it using more IF than it used to for you and no explanation for the longer stuns. Are you using the same berserks out of dragon as you were before? Sure you know they use different IF amounts to start which will impact your stun length.

Same berserks. I had Aegeus do a test (another 150th barb) and he danced dragon at full fire, instantly berserked out like do, and his lasted over 3 minutes. He was gearless at the time whereas I have on minimum gear (longbow/WC leathers/quiver/basically empty pack essentially). Although at my level I'd think my gear has negligible effects on my berserks. I vaulted my roar-boosting helm and will do some more tests maybe later tonight. I know there is a 10 sec RT when you remove the helms, so maybe they burn up IF and when I was arrested it was buggy and still draining me even though I was not wearing it. Who knows.
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:29 PM CDT
<<Same berserks. I had Aegeus do a test (another 150th barb) and he danced dragon at full fire, instantly berserked out like do, and his lasted over 3 minutes. He was gearless at the time whereas I have on minimum gear (longbow/WC leathers/quiver/basically empty pack essentially). Although at my level I'd think my gear has negligible effects on my berserks. I vaulted my roar-boosting helm and will do some more tests maybe later tonight. I know there is a 10 sec RT when you remove the helms, so maybe they burn up IF and when I was arrested it was buggy and still draining me even though I was not wearing it. Who knows. >.

I tested the helms with IF and did not see any burn from screaming at them or roaring once. But I only tested once and don't think I was dancing. When you are testing try using stone, know that has the least IF to start. Were you testing without getting the MB? MB might be taking IF from you, but just guessing there.

Not to change the subject too much, but what happened to the review of IF for berserks? That might help in this case, or at least provide a alternative BMR boost to dragon with some of the higher berserks.

Thx.
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:51 PM CDT
What is it that you think is wrong about the IF cost of dragon and getting stunned after you berserk out of dragon?

With regard to the IF cost of berserks, that review is currently underway.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 01:54 PM CDT
Thanks, Iayn! My little barb hasn't noticed any inner-fire trouble, but then she usually fights with raw skill and hasn't learned any dances yet.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 03:30 PM CDT
>>What is it that you think is wrong about the IF cost of dragon and getting stunned after you berserk out of dragon?

The fact that I am 70 circles over the min req to be able to berserk out of a dance and then have that berserk end instantaneously (and give me a minute stun) tells me something is either off or its telling me that the ability to berserk out of a dance has no functionality. Since it was working fine for me several months ago I'm leaning towards the first option. I had no problems with the end stun after berserking out of a MB and dragon that I was getting previously, however this instant stun just isn't working for me.

>>When you are testing try using stone, know that has the least IF to start...Were you testing without getting the MB? MB might be taking IF from you, but just guessing there.

I use stone in all my testing. I tested without getting MB'd, and it lasted for 30 seconds (compared to Aegeus's over 3 minutes). I know the MB takes some IF from me, however the MB occurs before I berserk (when dragon is still up). I know this takes more IF to start the berserk, but I would like to think the system would simply not allow you to berserk if you are just going to keel over in a nanosecond.

>>I tested the helms with IF and did not see any burn from screaming at them or roaring once. But I only tested once and don't think I was dancing

I did a quick test before I vaulted my helm and saw my IF change just from putting the mask on when I was not dancing. I think it fluctuated somewhat while I was wearing the helm (it pulsed up normally but would go down a level for no reason). I also did not see any IF changes come about directly from actually activating the helm and roaring afterwards. I will have to do some more testing with MBs later, and it might even be possible the infamy belt is acting wonky (it has a few benefits that affect vitality etc) although I have not activated it anytime lately.
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 03:40 PM CDT
I don't see anything that looks wrong about the change in IF during Dragon Dance. As to berserking out of it, what berserks are you using when that happens?

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/17/2005 04:27 PM CDT
>>As to berserking out of it, what berserks are you using when that happens?

Only stone.
Re: Pulses of dragon dropping IF more than starting the dance? 10/19/2005 09:41 AM CDT
Tested IF burn with dragon dance outside of combat 116th circle 55 disc. IF level tends to bounce up and down between categories but steadily
declinced until the end of the dance. I was surprised how much IF it burned considering my circle.

Length - 24 minutes
IF Prior to Dragon - 1:Pristine
IF Immediately after - 5:Full Height Above
One Minute after - 6:Little Over Half
Five Minutes after - 7:About Half Again
Twelve Minutes after - 8:Just Beyond the Reach
Thirteen Minutes after - 9:Quarter of Your Height
Twenty-Two Minutes after - 10:Bright Aura of Beautiful Flames
Dance End - 10:Bright Aura of Beautiful Flames
Full IF Recovery after Dance - 10 minutes

I tested and I am unable to berserk stone (lowest IF berserk) out of dragon at anytime outside of combat without an immediate or almost immediate stun (depending on IF levels). There must be an IF calculation that is done and ONLY applied if you are determined to be outside of combat. When stunned, my IF is at a level that in combat is not a problem. For example berserking kuniyo takes my IF to level 10 in combat which is ok, but outside of combat IF level 9 after beserking stone out of dragon gets me an immediate stun. This IF penalty is in addition to the penalty that berserks have of being much shorter when you are determined to not be in combat.

A change that might help with this would be that the combat check assumes you are in combat if anyone is in the room with you. I think being jumped
and having MB cast at you should count as combat, even if you aren't facing them and can't see them. Another thought would be to take out the stuns
and just have the result be your beserk ends or you are not able to start it. The stun penalty seems a little harsh given all the other difficulties (no retreating, no hiding, can't see the room, int. hit, combat checks, fat/health loss, etc). A reduction in the IF cost would help as well.

One other odd thing I noticed, while testing dragon immediately after the dance once my IF was much higher than most tests (level 3). At this level I could berserk out of dragon with only a fatigue hit, not sure why the IF needed to start would vary since the test was exactly the same.

Thx.

IF Levels:
1 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of pristine quality burning outward at twice your height.
2 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending nearly twice your height above your body.
3 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little more than one and half times your height above your body.
4 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of flames that extends over your height again above you. WOLVERINE & PANTHER
5 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of flames that extends nearly your full height again above you.
6 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending a little over half your height again above you.
7 Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending out around you about half again your height.
8 Surrounding your reflection is a bright aura of beautiful flames extending out around you just beyond the reach of your arms.
9 Surrounding your reflection is a bright aura of beautiful flames extending a quarter of your height above you.
10 Surrounding your reflection is a bright aura of beautiful flames.
11 Surrounding your reflection is a small aura of beautiful flames.
12 Surrounding your reflection is a tiny aura of beautiful flames.
13 You see your reflection surrounded by a dim glow as if a flame lurked just out of sight.