The 50's Blues 09/28/2012 10:35 PM CDT
Why does it seem like the Circle 50's for us just seem like a dud for me? A guy can only stare at one dead, bloody gryphon after another before it just gets boring. No argument at all that they are quite the gem of the creature ladder, but goodness after about 10 circles they get really old. They are great for skinning, got good coin and gem drop over time, and I can train everything in there for several hundreds of ranks, backtraining included.

Dobeks die readily enough, but so do I if I don't berserk. That poison rocks my world. Oshu aren't quite adequate. I've been reduced to camping out on the Kree and slaughtering pirates for boxes and archery practice. I'd love to stay somewhere in Qi, but it just doesn't seem to be. Blast you perfect gryphons!

/rambling rant

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Blademaster of Ratha
Re: The 50's Blues 09/28/2012 10:44 PM CDT
Cool, bet you cant wait for years of Celps and Dillos.

- Buuwl
Re: The 50's Blues 09/28/2012 11:00 PM CDT
Aint that the truth. All I can do is sit here and laugh at the thought. le sigh.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Blademaster of Ratha
Re: The 50's Blues 09/29/2012 04:23 AM CDT
there is an alternative on qi. At 54th circle I am fighting caracals over on m'riss platside. they are similar to gryphs in terms of difficulty <maybe just a tad tougher than baby/fledgling, a little easier than young> although no coins/gems. But they make up for it in skin value.

eviscerator G, citizen of m'riss

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: The 50's Blues 09/29/2012 01:57 PM CDT
You could mix it up with orcs and warcats they teach and pay pretty well and are good combat practice.
Re: The 50's Blues 09/29/2012 11:25 PM CDT
I did finally decide on the Theren gryphons for the time being. I had been camping out in Shard's cousins. Temporarily moving to Theren while I climb over this short hump to 60th does give me orcs to play with and other characters to get to know.

At least it is something to change things up.

Ghost Deretis Desitus, Blademaster of Ratha
Re: The 50's Blues 09/30/2012 07:40 PM CDT
I think you will like them. It is an interesting hunt. I know what you mean about the Gryphons, I initially tried to avoid hunting them altogether, but caved before too long. There are little(no?) downsides to them as far as exp and coin goes besides the crowd.
Re: The 50's Blues 10/01/2012 02:51 PM CDT
Yeah, gryphons are the start of the long road where combat becomes a grind and not a constant progression. Such is the nature of DR's system inevitably, I suppose.
Re: The 50's Blues 10/02/2012 06:30 AM CDT
I found the time I hunted in gryphons to be some of the best times I had in this game. The limited rooms in Rossies offered good opportunity to meet new people, if they'd let you hunt with them. Or I'd just let different people hunt with me to get to know them. Great friendships were formed during those times. I totally understand the grind blues. Maybe taking breaks to forge or backtrain can help you not be so bored.

Squanto: think they'll make it so we can swim to the islands?
Codiax: probably not but who knows
Squanto: maybe moonwalk faster on the iceroad with enough reflex, athletics & xibar up?
Codiax: lol yeah totally. have to sing ice ice baby to make it work
Re: The 50's Blues 10/02/2012 02:37 PM CDT
I've been in grypons for over 30 circles now... you just climb a little higher for older grypons as it goes. Great for backtraining too. Get used to them... I find the occasional break to look for some trouble neccesary.

We need many more invasions just to stir things up. At least when Lyras was around you could hunt undead for a change and hope that maybe Tachid would show up and throw butcher knifes at you sometimes. Don't even care if they are planned out or just spur of the moment creatures that show up to loot town for no real reason anything just to get people to interact more etc. I can't get players to hardly respond most the time let alone roleplay.
Re: The 50's Blues 10/04/2012 09:31 PM CDT
I find that gam'chagas in Muspar'i train quite nicely if you don't need skinning. They are a tad harder than gryphons swarm well and they pay well.
Re: The 50's Blues 10/23/2012 08:07 PM CDT
Gryphons Boredom Checklist:

Easy Money? Check
Skinning? Check
Backtraining? Check
Amassing 20+ TDPs in less than 6 hours? Check
Rossmans over Shard? Closer to others players Check

I am around.

Re: The 50's Blues 10/23/2012 08:19 PM CDT
Eww 3 to 4 TDP's an hour?
Re: The 50's Blues 10/23/2012 08:29 PM CDT
Is that a bad thing? I have watched my TDP count rise from 45 earlier this morning to 67 right now. Seems pretty decent. That is only focusing on my combats though. Nothing really extra... HE/2HE/ME/2HB/LongBow/Halb/LE/Evade/Parry/MO/Shield/LC/LP/Skin/Appr/Perc/Stalk/Hide....

18 skills actively moving throughout the day. Longbow, Hiding, and Stalking have been kinda off and on, but otherwise, everything has been in a state of learning all day. At least 11 hours. Now I did go sit and SLEEP & REST for awhile while I ran around the house. No work today so...

Anyway, seems like a fair amount; I mean I am not exactly complaining. Should I? ::shrugs::