Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 12:24 PM CDT
Does anyone know how much hinderance barbs are able to train off from the different armor types? I am thinking of going HC or possibly even a little LP if we are eventually able to train off most of the hinderance. Thanks.
Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 12:28 PM CDT
>>Does anyone know how much hinderance barbs are able to train off from the different armor types? I am thinking of going HC or possibly even a little LP if we are eventually able to train off most of the hinderance. Thanks.

I'm insignificantly hindered in my HC. I go up to lightly with my shield.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 01:49 PM CDT
That's good to know, but I was curious about percentages. E.g. Paladins are able to train off 100% of the hinderance from all armors eventually, what is the max barbs can train HC/LP/HP down to? Thanks.
Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 02:13 PM CDT
Plate is not a good armor for a barb to use at all because you will never dance freely in it.

I use LC HC Leather and Shield and with shield out I dance slightly hindered.

Don't know if there is ever going to be a "Number" where we can get armors down too, but the most hindered I am with Shield out is lightly.

That's all 4 armors over 200, and Leather over 300

Genneron
AIM: Genneron
Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 02:28 PM CDT
>Plate is not a good armor for a barb to use at all because you will never dance freely in it.

I agree and disagree with that. If you want to be a hider and use something other than leather armor then your best bet will be using leather armor with light chain accessories or if you don't mind a little more hinderance and negative modifer to you hiding increase that to HC. If you could care less about ever hiding then go with Leather Body and HP accessories. At over 300 in leather wearing combat armor and with nearing 230 in HP wearing forged helm and lion gauntlets yea I'm still like fairly hindered, but I have really never noticed a signifigant penalty of loosing a minute or two off of my dance time. Genneron makes a good point but in my opinion only for those that want to make hiding and stalking a big part of their game.

~Ternith Sjomah
Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 04:48 PM CDT
I would go with either HC, LC, or leather. Personally I use a forged LC hauberk and get the same results as Brabs in HC. Currently the only difference between HC and LC is the weight but I would be looking for that to change once all weapons and armor are reviewed. Good luck.

Magic is not a crutch. It is merely something that mages depend upon to get through life.
Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 07:17 PM CDT
I use personally HC with LC accessories. You get the benefit of two armor types, and since they're both chain you dont get the multi-armor penalty. I also use sheild. My hinderance is pretty bad, but I just switched to this setup. I went leather before, but got sick of vitality deaths. Number one thing to remember about armor: Train shield. I survived attacks during the Outcast war with my shield that a Ranger friend of mine nearly double my circle fell to.

Generally speaking, I think forged chain is cheaper than tanned leather also. I may be wrong, but I've seen leathers go for hundreds of plats, while my entire setup (not the shield) from Relayer cost less than 50.

Re: Armor hinderance 07/22/2004 08:39 PM CDT
yeah man chain is way cheaper for the good stuff you can get a great set from relayer for like 50 to 60p when good leathers run like 300 to 400 plat for the best

Artillery Pounder of Peasants
Re: Armor hinderance 08/05/2004 11:31 AM CDT
Dunno exact numbers, but I use LC hauberk. HC gloves and a leather cowl. got 160's LC and just over 100 leather and HC. and I dance completely unhindered. with my croc shield I dance insignificantly hindered. I think it is only plate armors that we have trouble with
Armor hinderance reduction question 09/07/2007 11:31 PM CDT
Hi, I've a few questions about armor hinderance reduction. Let me start off with a statements. This is what I've been told, but I'm missing some critical details, maybe someone can help me.

- "You can train off your armor hinderance"

This statement obviously has a few holes in it.

Can I completely train off my armor hinderance? i.e. When I appraise my armor it will tell me that I'm unhindered.
Does this "training off of hinderance" apply to shields too? They're an armor, are they not?
Does it take more ranks in shield to train it down compared to other armor?
If I can't completely train off the hinderance, is there a percentage that I can train it down to?

I'm an information geek, I need details.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

~ Player of Bith.
Re: Armor hinderance reduction question 09/07/2007 11:39 PM CDT
From what I've gathered over the years... barbarians can pretty much completely train off leather hinderance, mostly train off chain hinderance, and only somewhat train off plate hinderance. More specific than that I just don't have information about yet.

Like for example with my leather armor with almost 200 ranks in leather armor...

You feel certain that a perfect gargoyle-hide coat appears to impose moderate maneuvering hindrance and offers:
good protection and fair damage absorption for puncture attacks.
good protection and fair damage absorption for slice attacks.
good protection and fair damage absorption for impact attacks.
low protection and fair damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and fair damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only maneuvering in a perfect gargoyle-hide coat you would be unhindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered.

So you see it still apps as giving mod hinderance, but I've worked it down to where it gives no hinderance. For the record I am wearing a LC roar helm, LC gloves, and HC greaves and a tanned buckler and am only insignificantly hindered. We're pretty buff when it comes to armor!

As for shields, I've read in the past that your main body armor skill is used to determine shield hinderance reduction. I also don't have anything more specific than that I'm afraid.

As for multi-armor hindrance, well it changed a little bit back. I think now we can work it off a bit easier than before. I'll have to look up the old post.

Dance strength isn't affected by armor hinderance, only the duration. And its not even much at that for lightly hindered. Above that I'd favor berseking however just because of the IF burn you'd be experiencing.

Hopefully some other folks have more/better info than I do. Good luck with things!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!