Barbarian Traditions 02/14/2009 04:01 PM CST
How are Barbarian traditions passed on for the most part? Via text, through word of mouth or a combination of both?

Through having different personalities with each guildleader, how do these guildleaders view the world around them? How do these guildleaders view different Barbarians? How do these Barbarian guildleaders view their fellow Barbarian guildleaders?

- Simon
Re: Barbarian Traditions 02/14/2009 05:00 PM CST
A great deal of Barbarian tradition is oral tradition. There are a few documents as well as a number of artifacts that exist describing some deeds, but they're few and far between.

Opinions of others vary greatly depending on who you talk to. Over time, Guildleaders have come to be more respected and less envied, but there was a time where being a Guildleader meant that you had to deal with constant threats. Some people may wish that this type of system was still in place.

That's all I'm going to say for now. I'm working on a book that deals with a lot of this kind of thing, so no reason to give it all out now {g}.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion
History Guru

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: Barbarian Traditions 02/14/2009 05:20 PM CST
Thanks Aurdun, just wanted to double check that most things were passed from word of mouth.

<<There are a few documents as well as a number of artifacts that exist describing some deeds, but they're few and far between.>>

If it's possible, could you describe a few of these artifacts? If not, can any player mention anything you know about these artifacts describing barbarian deeds?

<<Opinions of others vary greatly depending on who you talk to.>>

I can agree with that, but I was hoping to expand on that thought in order to branch out each Barbarian guildleader's personality. Here are some general thoughts in mind on this:

1. What are the Barbarian GLs thoughts on Barbarians who use magic? What are the Barbarian GLs thoughts on anyone using magic? For instance, I would think that Anhh'shre would be very vocal on this subject more than Agonar.
2. What are the Barbarian GLs thoughts on violence that is absolute? Absolute meaning fighting to get the job done.
3. What are the Barbarian GLs thoughts on expanding and learning new combat tactics to employ? I would think that Tusfaov would be the forefront leader in this department.
4. What are the Barbarian GLs thoughts on its own guilded members?
5. What are the Barbarian GLs thoughts on combat overall? I'm sure Mo's view will differ greatly than another GLs.

<<That's all I'm going to say for now. I'm working on a book that deals with a lot of this kind of thing, so no reason to give it all out now {g}.>>

Got a teaser in mind? Or too early to mention. :)

- Simon
Re: Barbarian Traditions 02/14/2009 07:52 PM CST
>>If not, can any player mention anything you know about these artifacts describing barbarian deeds?

How about all the weapons in the Dragon Dance area? The weapons' owners are also described on the war belts from The True Path.

~Thilan
Re: Barbarian Traditions 02/15/2009 10:52 PM CST
I'll give a lil teaser.

Someone's dug up some important bones.

Not the kind you mount on your mantle either.

Look, I'm a pretend GM now, I give teasers!

(Actually, it's funny, but it's true.)

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Barbarian Traditions 02/16/2009 03:19 PM CST
<<How about all the weapons in the Dragon Dance area? The weapons' owners are also described on the war belts from The True Path.>>

Ah, that's right. That dragon dance pit area is the coolest place in the game. ;)

- Simon