Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/25/2004 02:35 PM CDT
I applied for mentorship, and i was the one that helped you out with that scavanger hunt drex.
But alas, i was turned down for mentor poisiton because of my use of the word 'PIMP' come on now, that might me taking the requisites for mentors too far, who doesnt want to say pimp? it just rolls off the tongue, anyways i would still love to help out and run events for the bonfire, and maybe ill try to sign up again soon (Oh yeah, they also mentioned mentors dont have characters named dong when they said no)

Gronten
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/25/2004 04:12 PM CDT
Pimp is an OOC phrase. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The Mentor Society is -way- too uptight. "One warning, and you cannot enter." It makes no sense to me, whatsoever. To be on topic, only been to one Bonfire, and I don't really remember it... so, yeah.

~ Renous
______
I must go down to the seas again
to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way
where the wind's like a whetted knife
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/25/2004 04:14 PM CDT
Last warning I had was over three years ago and I still can't be a mentor.

Sslad
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/25/2004 04:15 PM CDT
Yeah, I didn't get in because of my warnings nearly 2 years ago on the same day for two accounts. That's cool though.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
~Herm Albright
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/25/2004 09:59 PM CDT
Hey Gronten,

Actually, I had no idea why you were turned down. That generally stays between you and the GMs [until you choose to talk about it anyway] and if it was a warning then the review GMs say no. It's not something that the Mentor Society can make a judgement call either way on what warnings are okay and what aren't.

Generally speaking, people are eligible to apply again in six months, during which time you make the choice to get repeat warnings or .. not.

I remember your help during the bonfire, you were great and I highly appreciated it. I even made sure to mention it when you applied. However, I don't make the rules or the final decisions on these matters. My only advice would be that if you wish to be a Mentor.. you now know what's okay and what's not so it's your call as to what you'll do in the future.

Drex
Chief of Council
Lorethew Mentor Society
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/26/2004 12:43 AM CDT
>Generally speaking, people are eligible to apply again in six months

::taps foot..looks at calendar::

~Ternith Sjomah-Prime/Asanji-TehFallen
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/26/2004 08:09 AM CDT
""::taps foot..looks at calendar::""

Are they allowing people to serve consecutive sentnces at once Ternith

"I reckon I've killed everything that walks this planet and one time or another"
William Muney
Re: Barbarian bonfire are great! 09/26/2004 09:43 AM CDT
Unfortunatly not, thats why i'm still looking at the calendar.

~Ternith Sjomah-Prime/Asanji-TehFallen