Bonfires 09/03/2004 12:03 AM CDT
I been to some bonfires when there was like 2 people there and they diddnt know it was a bonfire they just needed some drinks...
Lets have something worthwile at the bonfires...like....free weapons or something lil mini-games i dunno something...pin the wench on the wyren...

"The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your time waving your
hands and hoping when a rock or a club will do."
-- Realmswalker the Lucid

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will seriously
cramp his style.
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 01:44 AM CDT
Would a few marked, capped heavy slice scimitarts or heavy puncture sabres given away at the bonfire create more intrest in the Bonfires?

~Ternith Sjomah
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 03:10 AM CDT
<<Would a few marked, capped heavy slice scimitarts or heavy puncture sabres given away at the bonfire create more intrest in the Bonfires?

Absolutely...bring on the weapons you could just give em all to me and i can hand them out incase you arent...around...or whatever

cramp his style.
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 10:39 AM CDT
Somehow, I get the feeling that the weapons would create interest in the weapons,not the bonfire. I don't really think they'd have a lasting effect. However, I do think more should go to the bonfires.

~Ambassador Viptorian Arcinian

"Gor'Tog is not stupid. He is slow in mind, but he keep thinking until he get answer or he ask someone who knows. He always get answer somehow, or else answer not matter anyway."
~Aunt Olma's Tog Story
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 11:06 AM CDT
Vip if you can not post so he gives me the weapons ill give ya a 300 pound stick of caramel glazed juicy ham

cramp his style.
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 11:56 AM CDT
The bonfires are in reality novice teaching nights, with lots of social/food/drinks/games/anything else acceptable thrown in. All barbs of any circle is welcome but the truth of the matter is that they are set up by the Mentor Society specifically to give the newer barbs a chance to mingle with and learn from the older and more experienced barbs.

Maulem and I both know that the people attending them would like more activities, games and so on..which is great. We in turn need more barbs to help us pull those off. You have no idea how exhausting it can be trying to field whispered questions, comments and complaints from people while maintaining a public host-type face.

There are only two of us even available to run these right now.. we keep hoping to get more barbs to become Mentors to help us provide the awesome events that you all want. To be honest, I've left them completely in Maulem's hands, I'm only his backup since I have so much other stuff I have to do and I'm kinda hovering on the edge of that whole burnout thing as it is..

I will tell you tho.. one night a barb came to a bonfire and volunteered to run a scavenger hunt right there and then. Not only did I agree.. I went and found a bunch of prizes for it. Everyone had a good time and I didn't spend the night pulling my hair trying to keep all you savages from destroying the place while getting all novice questions taken care of. I truly appreciated the help that day. Little things like that can make a heck of a difference.

Drex
Chief of Council
Lorethew Mentor Society
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 12:49 PM CDT
Drex, if you guys ever need a hand, poke me. You know where to find me.

::pokes::

~Ambassador Viptorian Arcinian

"Gor'Tog is not stupid. He is slow in mind, but he keep thinking until he get answer or he ask someone who knows. He always get answer somehow, or else answer not matter anyway."
~Aunt Olma's Tog Story
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 01:02 PM CDT
Fine, I have applied, that is all.

Player of Raydell, among many others.

Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 04:13 PM CDT
Speaking of Mentor Stuff, Can I get a hold of you sometime Drex?
~Curi
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 04:33 PM CDT
Nice posts here guys and gals.

As the current Bonfire pyromaniac (Heh), I'd like to hear some ideas for some mini-events from you all. I'm lookin for ideas to build up an idea base so that I can draw some and work them up for approval from the big cheeses. Some things I currently have on my list of things to get approved include...

-Frogball
-Armorless Bear wrestling (No, not Kodiac, those bears near haven)
-A show off your berserk contest

So...show me some ideas here. I'll consider them all, and may even add yours to my list of things to work up!

Maulem~
Check out the Adventures of the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/6phwg
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 04:37 PM CDT
Curi, you betcha.

Drex
AIM: Katyaska
Email: diame_cat@hotmail.com
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 04:47 PM CDT
Like the Bear wrastlin Idea..... we could even go to Stone clan if the bonfire was in Crossing.

Roughneck Deagar
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 05:14 PM CDT
Oh, and remember, the suggestions need to keep in mind the following:

-They need to be geared so that Barbs of any size, but particularly novices, can participate and have fun.
-They need to support or encourage some sort of role play.

Deagar, IM me at Sgordonccd about those stone clan bears if you would.

Maulem~
Check out the Adventures of the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/6phwg
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 07:00 PM CDT
Javelin tossing. The novices can roleplay "being scared" and "running away" and other people throw javelins at them. We can even come up with a nice scoring system.

I am --- Navak
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 08:48 PM CDT
Rat wrestling?

In the end all things return to Chaos
Re: Bonfires 09/03/2004 09:57 PM CDT
Rat wrestling is like.......fighting a grandpa i mean....hes fun to hit at first but then it gets old as he just stops moving and lets you hit him.

cramp his style.
Re: Bonfires 09/07/2004 08:31 AM CDT
>>-Armorless Bear wrestling (No, not Kodiac, those bears near haven)

Aww, but wrestling Kodiac could be more fun. Of that's right, no killing the novices.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Your mind hears Gelicast thinking, "shoot the gelv cyclops, not gelicast"
Re: Bonfires 09/07/2004 05:06 PM CDT
There's a thought...

Maybe I need to practice my choke hold on the new guys.

~Kodiac
Shield: It does a body good.