Barbarian History? 07/21/2003 12:41 PM CDT
Glanced over at this folder and found that there's really nothing in here about the history of the Guild and its origins and what not. Is there any history to the Guild? Just wondering, seems like history wouldn't be a Barbarian subject but then again oral histories and the like seem to go well with the warrior culture.

Lupca[o]n
Re: Barbarian History? 08/17/2003 06:54 PM CDT
Abbreviated for Togs:

In the time before time, Gronk, a frustrated caveman got tired of berries, nuts, and water, picked up a rock and beat out the brains of a wild boar. He then proceeded to cook the boar brains to everyone dismay. however sometime later he decided to cook the boar as well, inspiring jelousy in all those around who witnessed his act. Hence our guild was born :)

as a side note, i bet you didnt know we spawned all others too...
Gronk got hurt on his hunting trips, hence empaths were born.
Gronk died once fighting too many boards, and the cleric guild was born.
Gronk liked entertainment while eating his boar, hence the bard guild.
Not everyone was as good as Gronk with a weapon, so they turned to magic to pick up the slack. Hence the Warmie guild.
Gronk inspired so much jelousy over his weapon skills, that some people soon took to dressin up all pretty like and pretending to be warriors. Hence the Pallies.
Some people liked huntin out in the wilds so much they never came back, they turned out to be Rangers.
Some people were just flat out nutheads, so they were just pushed off to the side until there was enough of them to form their own supersecret organization. As a side note, MoonMage draws its historical significance because these nutheads wanted to seperate themselves from warmies by tryin to cast magic by waggling their tooshies rather than fingers.
Traders came along to help Gronk spend all the money he made huntin boar. This guild soon split between those who robbed Gronk for a reason (gave him a shirt in return) and those who didnt offer a smoke screen and just robbed his money.

So you see, our history is more than a history of just barbarians, its a history that has shaped and defined the very structure of life in Elanthia. If this conflicts with any of the "stories" you may find published in a library, just ask yourself who's writting those things, and i'll bet you its not a Barb!

Imp the geniuse!

"Sire the peasants are revolting"
"You said it, they stink!"
Re: Barbarian History? 08/17/2003 07:25 PM CDT
ROFL

Oh that one is going in my list of greatest posts I have ever read.

The Big Ugly One

Its all a matter of how you look at it. Some people say assassins are the elite of the elite because you never see them.. and they always win. -Dusk
Re: Barbarian History? 10/10/2003 03:17 PM CDT
Truly a great and accurate history. And I'm pretty sure Gronk was a Kaldaran. ::grins::

Maulem~
King of the Port Monkies