The Flame of Madness 07/22/2018 02:13 PM CDT
I recommend that Screech of Madness be moved from the Flame tree to the Horde tree. We are over represented with "required" abilities in the Flame tree. Any move of abilities that makes sense from Flame would help us out with being able to forget useless abilities in the Horde/Predator trees to pick up other abilities.

I would like this thread to start us thinking about how we, as Barbarians, would reconfigure our abilities into the correct trees. This in hopes that someday trees will matter.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: The Flame of Madness 07/22/2018 02:15 PM CDT
Death's Shriek could easily be moved to Predator path as well.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: The Flame of Madness 07/23/2018 05:57 AM CDT
A reasonable swap.
Re: The Flame of Madness 07/26/2018 03:40 PM CDT
I'd just like to see more of the mandatory buffs moved lower in the "trees" of each path, bluntly.

Also, Flame should count as the first ability for every Path.

Mastery costs definitely need to be 1-2 slots each, and I'm struggling to justify 2 slots for more than Tribalist and Yogi.

Dispel and Bear should switch places in the Flame Path. Power obviously needs to disappear and its functionality baselined.

Dragon should move to 4th tier; it's a trap option right now that lower circle Barbs simply don't need to train to their circling requirements. Cyclone should move over to Horde and down to 2nd tier to replace it.

Piranha should move to 2nd tier.

In general I'd move to depopulate 7th-9th tier entirely. There is simply no equivalency for that sort of required depth. Off the top of my head the most demanding spells have 6-7 prereqs if you're being a stickler. (Murrula's Flame has four or five prereqs; Fire Rain has seven prereqs but is also available at four. The most demanding is Riftal Summons with seven total prereqs. Necromancers no more than six. Paladins and Bards no more than five. Empaths no more than four. Rangers no more than three.) The outlier here is Traders that have two capstone spells for two of their trees that require the entire tree. If this is the new design philosophy for magic users I suspect a lot of groaning and moaning in the future.