The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 06:21 PM CDT

Do you think that we'd be able to get brands again finally? I've inquired about brands by email a couple of times over the past two years, but I never got a response back. After I did some research I found that only one brand has been given out, it was to Phii when she reached 100th circle. I don't begrudge her this at all. This is a really neat feature for Barbs, but I'd love to see it used a little bit more. Make it very exclusive or difficult to get, but let's at least have it be a thing that exists. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have the feature in the game, but never use it.

I've helped a few people with their feature alterations. And I've paid for some myself too on more than one character. And I've helped other people with alterations and GM assisted weddings. When I asked about brands the response I got back was that they can only be given if Kodius allows it. So can we finally have some brands again in the game pretty please?!

I ask not just for myself but for the counltess other Barbs who have reached 100th. We've dedicated a lot of time to training and roleplaying our Barbs, our beloved guys and girls who fight and spit and kick and cuss. People like Squanto who have spent so much time Barbing that they're now slaving away at the forge. And those who have transcended climbing the Elanthian equivalent of Mt. Everest. Some that have turned themselves from Human to Kaldar (Ubashar!). There are definitely characters that ICly deserve it!

Please just give us a chance to have this one fun little thing? It's just a fun piece of RP fluff that says - this person is a Barbarian and they did it.

Love, Caidie.
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 06:40 PM CDT

Id love to see the return of this also
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 06:40 PM CDT
I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. It is definitely something that has been a gray area for a long time, at least in practice if not in writ.

Having something so integral to the essence of being a barbarism so unusable as to be virtually non-existent outside of a few cases where leniency was given in feature alterations.... well it seems a bit sad.

This is something I would love to see incorporated in some official capacity into the guild.

I recently redeemed a feature alteration under the impression (as stated by epedia at the time) that brands were allowed. Needless to say when I came to find out the restrictions I was a bit disappointed.

Having these come exclusively from a GM who works predominately on backend dev seems a bit misplaced.

Please find a way to incorporate this into the guild. Some of us love what we are and we are proud of it, being granted some opportunity to earn these would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dread
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 06:47 PM CDT

I'd love to see this become a thing. Getting to a 100 is a big thing and to have something to demonstrate our dedication to one of the best guilds in the game would be amazing!
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 07:00 PM CDT
I feel like this idea is fantastic! Some barbarians have been around for 10+ years, and giving people the opportunity to have something new to the guild, but also unique that makes you stand out? That would be absolutely amazing. Definitely would give not only a sense of accomplishment but also leave something behind to be remembered by (in the RP sense) to never be forgotten. Thanks for posting this Caidie.

-Enwah (Idiot Savant)
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 07:35 PM CDT
I approve this message.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 07:38 PM CDT
Give us this and a burst damage skill k thanks bye.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 09:02 PM CDT

I totes love this idea - it has lore to it and already exists, so I don't see why it shouldn't exist.

Good thinking!
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 09:24 PM CDT
I would like to have this
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 10:03 PM CDT
More things that dont affect other guilds poorly seems like a no brainer to me. This seems like a low hanging fruit that just would make folks happy.
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 10:12 PM CDT
I think they are both neat ideas. Highfive for RP HEAVY options for barbs. I think out of all the people that have actually typed a " in DR instead of a . in the past month, 75% of them were barbarians.
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 10:15 PM CDT

I think this is a great idea for adding lore and rp to the game. Maybe make the req 150 and every couple months have a ceremony at the guild where the barbs get branded and have their brand added to a registry in the guild. Would be a very cool thing IMO
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/03/2017 10:57 PM CDT

I think this is a brilliant idea. Most guilds have something that they were able to work towards and customize and I don't see how this is too terribly different. Empaths have gotten the chance to customize their guardian spirits, Moon Mages their servants, Warrior Mages can customize their familiars...I think it would be great for the Barbarians to have something that they can show for their hard work, while being able to be proud of their guild. The RP aspect of it is something that I think is desperately needed right now. Being able to put a permanent mark on your character allows you to connect with that character in a whole new way. The HE fest before last, the storyline with Beezell, that was one of the neatest things I've witness as a player and I think this idea has to makings to be something equally as great!
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/04/2017 12:16 AM CDT

Branding is a really cool barbarian thing. It seems like it would be not far removed from a tattoo, mechanics wise, and so much more barbarian than an iridescent butterfly tattoo.
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/04/2017 04:42 AM CDT
It looks like this is a something pretty much everyone wants, thinks is a fun idea and it's something that's already a thing in the game. I'd love to see Barbs running around with brands. One of my favorite things is looking at peoples characters and noticing little things that make them different.

> so much more barbarian than an iridescent butterfly tattoo.

Woah there let's not get carried away!
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/04/2017 08:28 PM CDT
I'm all for more customization options.

Samsaren
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/05/2017 06:43 PM CDT

I love guild lore stuff. I would love to see this be a thing! Customization is great, and making special guild things is something I'd love to see more of. I hope that barbarian brand can be a thing again!
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/05/2017 08:54 PM CDT
I want a Nike swoosh.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/08/2017 06:10 PM CDT
>>I want a Nike swoosh.

Monster energy drink.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/08/2017 10:55 PM CDT

I support the branding of barbarians and paladins and bards.

Be super cool if I got to do it. Warrior Mage and all. Fire is our thing!

#interGuildrelations
Re: The Barbarian Brand 05/19/2017 04:30 AM CDT
I only support this idea if Squanto is forced to get a bright pink TAPOUT tattoo on his forehead IRL.