Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Fire and Skin 05/18/2017 08:06 PM CDT

I've been assuming that it would effectively be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM&list=RDQMAJMjJNfCBGk&t=48s

Tattoos telling stories of your achivements.
Re: Fire and Skin 05/19/2017 04:27 AM CDT
Saw this on reddit, resubscribed just for this.

I hadn't planned to actively unsubscribe anyways, old debit card just expired and I never got around to rejoining, been super busy with. This is a good reason to come back, thanks! I've been wanting one of these for years.
Re: Fire and Skin 05/19/2017 09:56 AM CDT
<I've been assuming that it would effectively be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM&list=RDQMAJMjJNfCBGk&t=48s

<Tattoos telling stories of your achivements.

An accompanying personal theme song is appropriate as well.
Re: Fire and Skin 05/19/2017 02:06 PM CDT

> An accompanying personal theme song is appropriate as well.

You know, a few enterprising bards could make an interesting event out of this. For a decent bag of platinum, they'll write a jingle to go with your new brand. For a first born, they'll write you a ballad.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/02/2017 05:05 PM CDT
So where do we meet for this tomorrow morning?

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Fire and Skin 06/02/2017 05:29 PM CDT
There's going to be a blood red tent or something like that.

From the calender:

When: Sat, June 3, 10:30am – 11:30am
Where: Therenborough Fairegrounds - blood-red hide tent covered in brands
Description: Barbarians of 100th circle and over are invited to show up at the blood-red hide tent covered in brands to find out how they might earn their own brand. Bring 500 platinum Lirum if you want to join the list for a chance to compete with other Barbarians to earn your place under the fire. Rules will be discussed before the list is opened. Please note that joining the list does not guarantee you a spot in the competition. NO ONE is guaranteed a brand until completing all parts of the challenge.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Fire and Skin 06/03/2017 09:44 AM CDT
Arpia just opened the iron list.
>join list
[You don't have access to this merchant's list because you don't have a subscription. To sign up for one, please visit https://www.play.net/dr/signup/subscribe.asp .]

As somebody that changed their plans IRL to attend this today, I really wish this would have been mentioned with the initial information regarding the event.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/04/2017 04:53 AM CDT
Wow that sucks.

Sorry, that does seem like it would have been very relevant information.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/04/2017 06:39 AM CDT
In a situation like that, it would be a good idea (going forward :( ) whispering to the GMNPC what is going on.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Fire and Skin 06/07/2017 06:13 PM CDT
Will Plat be getting this?
Re: Fire and Skin 06/10/2017 12:16 PM CDT

I just wanted to share and say thank you for the Fire and Skin event this past week. My character received his brand today, and I would say this has been my favorite event thus far. The three step process was enjoyable - but really what defined it for me was the sense of community. Not just receiving a brand for more "text fluff" like it could have been, but really the sharing of stories and the reason why it was important for your character was excellent.

Another amazing part was from the barbarians that were around in game but showed up today, even though they had received their brand the night before. They showed up specifically to take part of the roleplay, listen to the stories, and continue to be part of the community. Hats off to them for showing up with nothing to gain other than be a part of it.

So, thank you to the GM(s) and players that organized and took part in this - everyone did an excellent job and I hope other events, at some point in the future, stem from this idea. Not the branding aspect, but having to work for it, share it, say why X is important to you, and the overall community feel from it.

Thank you!
Re: Fire and Skin 06/10/2017 12:55 PM CDT
Hear, hear! I second that emotion!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Fire and Skin 06/10/2017 01:10 PM CDT

I want to echo and add to everything Uritel said.

This was by far one of the best events in DR in a long time. The time the GM took with each of us and as a group was amazing. The sense of pride and getting to watch other barbarians appreciate each other was truly something I won't ever forget.

Thank you again to Mahe for making this possible for Caidie.

Thank you to my fellow barbarians for the great time and the adventures. I know she has been a bit of a beastie, but being part of this guild has been the best feeling of belonging a girl could hope for!

Again, thank you to the GM behind Arpia..so amazing everything you did, the work you must have put into making this go so smoothly is mind boggling (faceplants yay) And to the staff for giving us a much appreciated event and opportunity to share with each other and the rest of Elanthia.

Love,
Caidie.

You tap the brand on your arm.
Waves of angry brown and white scars twine the length of your right arm, covering the flesh from shoulder to wrist in a chaotic maelstrom of artistic scarring. The image of a small Elven child defiantly dragging a greatsword behind her is branded deeply into the unmarked skin at the heart of the whirlwind. Scored grooves left by the edge of her tapered sword trail in the wake of the slight figure, lines terminating in jagged letters that form the word "SHAR" on the inside of your right wrist.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/10/2017 01:38 PM CDT
It was epic. I meant to show up to day 2 of the rest of the brands today, but had a brain fart. :( Many thanks to all the GMs and players who made this possible and fun. <3

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Fire and Skin 06/10/2017 03:26 PM CDT
Anyone able to post a log? I'd be interested in hearing those barbarian stories.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/10/2017 05:56 PM CDT
We're working on it...I think, heh.

Re: Fire and Skin 06/11/2017 11:07 AM CDT
This event captured the heart and soul of what DR is to me. It was well planned, beautifully executed, and provided multiple opportunities for engagement.

The multi-part approach was fantastic: the adventure of the tasks, the fellowship of the rite of completion, and then the sharing of stories and the ritual itself.

What more could you ask for in a RP game like this? I believe this is a shining example of what we need to see more of across all guilds, and I think it is something we as a player base can pull together and make happen.

There doesn't have to be a GM sponsored reward for these kind of events to take place. While I do appreciate the opportunity that was granted me to participate and receive my brand (a unique opportunity I am honored to have been a part of in the extreme) the greatest part was the interaction with my barbarian brothers and sisters.

To learn about one other, and to be barbs as barbs should be. They all made me proud to be what I am, each and every one of them.

In summation, thanks to all who were involved. Many exuberant thank you's to Arpia for pulling this together, it was a FANTASTIC event, one of the best I have ever seen. My heartfelt thanks to all of those players who participated, we ever had attendance from those who weren't selected from the list at the ceremonies!

Once again, this is something we need more of, this is exactly the kind of thing we need to recapture the spirit of the game we all love.

-Dread
Re: Fire and Skin 06/11/2017 02:56 PM CDT
@Dread: +1

Re: Fire and Skin 06/12/2017 08:51 PM CDT
>As somebody that changed their plans IRL to attend this today, I really wish this would have been mentioned with the initial information regarding the event.

Not to disagree, but when you care enough about DR to change your RL plans to attend events, you should probably subscribe!
Re: Fire and Skin 06/13/2017 09:18 PM CDT
>Not to disagree, but when you care enough about DR to change your RL plans to attend events, you should probably subscribe!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take that into consideration next time.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/14/2017 11:22 PM CDT
I completely agree with what everyone has said so far. In my 20 years of playing dragonrealms I've never seen a group of Barbarians get together and have the unity and bonding that we had at that event. It was a strange feeling, a good feeling but strange. We need more strange. Great job by both staff and players alike.

Hamma
Re: Fire and Skin 06/29/2017 10:13 PM CDT
Did anyone ever put together a log of the Fire and Skin storytelling and branding event?
Re: Fire and Skin 06/30/2017 09:16 AM CDT
I saw a log of the first day in Events and Happenings in DragonRealms' Elanthia, Festivals/Merchants.
Re: Fire and Skin 06/30/2017 11:30 AM CDT
>I saw a log of the first day in Events and Happenings in DragonRealms' Elanthia, Festivals/Merchants.

Yes. I'm looking for a log of the branding and stories.
Re: Fire and Skin 07/08/2017 01:43 PM CDT
I have the raw log files but need to edit them. Hopefully I can get to that this next week and post it up.

Re: Fire and Skin 07/08/2017 07:25 PM CDT
>I have the raw log files but need to edit them. Hopefully I can get to that this next week and post it up.

Appreciate it, Rhadyn. I'm sure you have a favorite log cleaner but in case you don't, check out Etherian's log cleaner. Makes logs a breeze to clean up.

http://drservice.info/static/logcleaner.htm
Re: Fire and Skin 07/09/2017 07:45 PM CDT
Holy Mr. Clean Batman! Can I be your best friend now? No, I didn't have anything like this as I don't do much with logs except review them if there is a problem. Thank you!

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page