Active Ability Window 05/27/2015 05:25 AM CDT
This is very cool. Thanks!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 07:18 PM CDT
Small QOL request

Would it be possible to attach percWindow refresh to one of our abilities. What I am getting to with this is for a magic user using percieve will refresh the percWindow (active spells). There is RT from percieve so to be fair I would suggest that meditate power allow for this.

I do know that it has been stated that the window will update about 10 seconds or so. But from what I have seen sometimes my abilities don't show up for 20 or so seconds. I do use genie so the disconnect could be with how genie captures this information, but a way for the player to manually refresh the window would solve all of this.
Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 07:27 PM CDT
It auto updates every 10 seconds. Starting any ability should also update it manually, as well as using an ability that lists what abilities you have active (I think meditate flame? Non-barb here.) At least that's how it works for thieves and spell casters.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 07:33 PM CDT
<<an ability that lists what abilities you have active

I've been informed this is meditate power.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 07:53 PM CDT
For my casters I wrote a buff script that checks for active spells to know if the spell is active or not. Then if it is active will still cast if the duration is below a specified level. The key to using a script for doing this is to begin the script with a percieve to manually refresh the window so that it is up to date. From what I have found it takes the genie plugin about a half a second or so to get the variables it creates updated.

The problem that I have run into with a barbarian is none of the abilites that I have tried refresh the window. So what I am asking for is a way for a player to manually be able to refresh the window. If there is a way to refresh I have yet to find it. My barbarian is 52nd circle so I don't have any of the masteries. He did however pick up power mostly to unlock the percWindow.
Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 08:03 PM CDT
<<The problem that I have run into with a barbarian is none of the abilites that I have tried refresh the window.

They and meditate power should be doing this. If not, then that's a bug or an oversight, imo. Since you're using Genie, what does your raw feed look like when you start an ability? It should include pushstream tags to the percWindow similar to the following. If not, then barbarian abilities are not functional that way.

<spell>None</spell>You gesture.
You briefly feel less aware of your environment, then feel more aware again.
<pushStream id="percWindow"/>Aura Sight<popStream/><pushStream id="percWindow"/> (10 roisaen)
<popStream/><pushStream id="percWindow"/>Piercing Gaze<popStream/><pushStream id="percWindow"/> (30 roisaen)
<popStream/><pushStream id="percWindow"/>Clear Vision<popStream/><pushStream id="percWindow"/> (10 roisaen)
<popStream/><castTime value='1443142904'/>

Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 08:31 PM CDT

<popStream/><prompt time="1443144247">></prompt>
<component id='room players'></component>
<prompt time="1443144248">></prompt>
<roundTime value='1443144257'/>You slowly center yourself, your mind growing quiet as a quickly building rage surges through your body, your limbs quaking with its boundless strength. A terrible roar of fury and bloodlust rips from your throat as the Form of the Dragon consumes you, only a thread of control fighting back the descent into a berserker's madness.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
<prompt time="1443144255">R></prompt>
<component id='exp Expertise'> Expertise: 313 67% riveted </component>
<component id='exp Tactics'> Tactics: 271 13% analyzing </component>
<prompt time="1443144258">></prompt>
But you are already practicing that form!
<prompt time="1443144258">></prompt>
<prompt time="1443144272">R></prompt>
Symbolic representations of your inner fire manipulations begin to form.
<prompt time="1443144272">R></prompt>
The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.
<prompt time="1443144274">></prompt>
</preset></component>
You are currently practicing the Dragon Form and will hold focus of it for a very long time.
<output class="mono"/>
******************/*****

<output class=""/>
You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
<prompt time="1443144276">></prompt>
Re: Active Ability Window 09/24/2015 09:23 PM CDT
Yeah your abilities should totally be updating that window, and it's clear from your raw feed that it's not coded that way.

Count me vote on the side of having this implemented.

Re: Active Ability Window 09/26/2015 01:04 AM CDT
I don't know if such a thing can be implemented due to resource issues. I'll poke if/when I get the time.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Qol Updates 08/15/2016 07:47 PM CDT
>> * Expertise-based Analyze <self> combos now give 50% longer to complete the combo and the effects last much longer
>> * Expertise-based Analyze <self> combos will now advance the combo even if they MISS. Particularly useful for ANALYZE ACCURACY

In one swoop, you have completely changed my opinion of Expertise. I plan on testing it more, but kudos.

I'm curious about two things, though:

What skill is used to defend against Expertise?
What is the likelihood of a lowbie barbarian using these successfully on high-rank characters?

Thanks.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Qol Updates 08/16/2016 12:07 AM CDT
I believe it uses DEFENDING skill.

100% chance for them to work but the effect will last a shorter duration.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Qol Updates 08/16/2016 09:51 AM CDT

Awesome!

One question what does "... gives 50% longer to complete the combo..."? Combos now take longer to complete?
Re: Qol Updates 08/16/2016 10:39 AM CDT
I read this as you will have more time to complete the combo before it resets.
Re: Qol Updates 08/16/2016 01:06 PM CDT

On like level creatures I'm getting almost 5 minutes before the buff wears off, anyone else?

Also, intimidation is still fairly useless. This skill is almost 100% a PvP only ability (as mobs don't run away all that much) and in PvP you're still yelling at your opponent, " ...don't run! I haven't finished my intimidation combo on you!" If intimidation was made a two step combo (maximum) or perhaps useable at range (thrown) it would actually be useful.
Re: Qol Updates 08/16/2016 10:00 PM CDT
>>50% longer

Combos are not harder to complete. You just have a longer time to complete them. Probably most-useful in PvP.

>> Intimidation

There have been some critters over the years that can run away. Not all abilities have to be 24/7 abilities. Some CAN be niche ;)

For PvP, any chance you could stun/immob the opponent and then finish the combo? If you use a light edge it should take all of 6 seconds to get it off? Most CC's last for twice that long...

Re: Qol Updates 08/16/2016 11:04 PM CDT
>For PvP, any chance you could stun/immob the opponent and then finish the combo? If you use a light edge it should take all of 6 seconds to get it off? Most CC's last for twice that long...

This is exactly how I was planning to do it. Use my sabre and analyze, complete one/two/three of the four attacks, roar wail, finish combo. This might be effective for DAMAGE as well. I'll have to play around to see how long the no-retreat lasts for INTIMIDATE first though as it may be better to roar wail, analyze, then complete the entire combo to take advantage of both the immob and no-retreat. It may come down to the diminishing returns of debils as to what order to do them in.

Also, I'm thinking that FLAME will help with recovering some IF in PVP as well. Since I was running the Wyvern Trials on Monday I didn't get a chance to test these out yet.

For those of you who use 2HE as main, I'm looking at you Everics, you should switch to a well balanced LE just for the quick combo, then switch back to your primary to slice and dice or drink in the IF gains.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Qol Updates 08/17/2016 06:22 AM CDT

Yeah I can see it that way. More so because this is really an engagement system issue and not a Barb specific one per se (as you probably know from the bonding thread). Even in PvP, we're all chucking weapons at each other because of spam retreat.