Roar Changes 05/23/2015 07:43 PM CDT
First of all, thank you!

Second of all... >>Rage: (-Evasion) : Power v Willpower.<< Should this be vs reflex instead?

Also, are there plans to make earthquake work in PvP?

Thanks again!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Roar Changes 05/23/2015 07:55 PM CDT
I tested Earthquake again and it appeared to be working fine in PvE and PvP. Perhaps it just doesn't pulse fast enough for you to notice. Or perhaps the SvS contest is being resisted? I just don't know. Spent more time trying to get the damn thing working :/

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Roar Changes 05/23/2015 07:55 PM CDT
And no, not reflex. Was trying to mix them all up good.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Roar Changes 05/23/2015 08:01 PM CDT
I'll try again. I was at melee at least a minute and definitely outclassed my opponent (no offense, Marssi!!!). I saw no messaging.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Roar Changes 05/23/2015 08:23 PM CDT
Okay, I tested again. This time I let it run a bit. It took about a minute to start pulsing, did some dashing forward a few times, decent sized pause (1 minute of nothing), another dash, another long pause of no dashing (about 2 minutes), another one about 30 secs later, then maybe 15 secs.

For sure, the dashing part is seriously awesome. There were some that resulted in causing the opponent to kneel and one that gave him a nice stun. It just seems all over the place with pulses. Opponent is overall outclassed (22 points for primary contest, 35 points for the secondary contest, and 20 points for the tertiary contest).

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 08:37 AM CDT

What's vPOWER from Kodius' post?
Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 08:41 AM CDT
I believe he means the Power (Strength, Stamina, Discipline, now Strength, Discipline, Stamina) class on the attacking side of the contest. At least that's how I understood it.
Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 08:59 AM CDT

Oh, derple. Thanks.
Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 10:52 AM CDT
Yes, that is correct.

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 10:56 AM CDT
>Serenity will no longer drop when roaring. Though the roars will consume more Voice Pool.

This is a huge plus. Thanks Kodius!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 11:03 AM CDT
Kodius, is earthquake supposed to be all over the place with random debilitating blows? Does it only show (for both parties) the successul debilitating blows? The timing between each one seems sporadic.

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 11:10 AM CDT
Hmm well it shows unsuccessful ones in PvE, for sure. Sometimes I hit one critter, other times more than one, etc. Always 4 engaged. It shows all parries and blocks, too.

I guess it's just the frequency that is confusing and how it randomly selects x target(s).

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 11:44 AM CDT
Well, it is something I can look at. It lasts for a long time so I didn't want the blows to be too reliable. You also quickly hit diminishing returns which is undesirable.

When I get some time I'll refresh myself on the mechanics.

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 11:55 AM CDT
Thanks a lot!

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 12:14 PM CDT
I don't know if it is just me but something seems wonky after these changes went in. Without changing anything in the number of forms, meditations and zerks I'm using and the timing of my roars while hunting at level my IF keeps tanking then coming back up. I'll keep an eye on it and if I can figure out what is causing it I'll let you know.

Did the IF cost of roars go up at all?

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 12:57 PM CDT
No, I hadn't touched the IF costs of roars... it has always been pretty minor.

Re: Roar Changes 05/24/2015 04:12 PM CDT
Okay, it must have been me. Things have evened out over the course of the day.