Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Choke? 10/15/2014 05:14 PM CDT

Or how he does it while unconscious due to lack of oxygen.. hmmm.
Re: Choke? 10/15/2014 09:49 PM CDT
Hmm, well I've been trying to be productive despite everything.

AtFeet slot, Hindrance changes, Shaping, training new GMs, HE stuff, Barbarians, and admin tasks. :)

Did I forget to do something with choke? I thought I had released it live at some point, but I could be hallucinating. Is something wrong with it?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 09:46 AM CDT

Wait, is there some tinkering actually being done with our wards, or is Shadow just throwing out guesses?
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 10:00 AM CDT

>>Did I forget to do something with choke?

You forgot to tell us!!!! Haha. Well, I feel a little dumb. I had been trying "choke wyvern" and it just gives the messaging that you gag, desperate for air! However when you grapple it, it works. I was thinking it'd give some message of "You have to be grappled to do that", blah blah.

Great work! Sorry for busting your chops then, I thought it was still in the limbo of test.

One thing I'd like to note, when you try to get a weapon from a container while you're grappled, it gives no response. Trying to stow a weapon though gives messaging that you can't do that while grappled. Do you think fetching something could get the same message? It confused me for about five minutes til I tried to stow something, and was like "Oh.."

Thank you!!!
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 12:25 PM CDT

>You forgot to tell us!!!!

Huh? There was a whole thread about this like... a month ago?
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 12:43 PM CDT
<<Wait, is there some tinkering actually being done with our wards, or is Shadow just throwing out guesses?

All wards, magical or otherwise, are getting updates in what was formerly known as the 3.2 release. I don't think it is actually Kodius' project, although he will probably have Barbarian input into it.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 01:23 PM CDT

>>Huh? There was a whole thread about this like... a month ago?

I could very well be blind. Could you link the thread here then saying where it was active in Prime, and not just in "testing" in Test?
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 02:35 PM CDT

>I could very well be blind. Could you link the thread here then saying where it was active in Prime, and not just in "testing" in Test?

I could very well be wrong. I just tried finding it, but the forum organization is clear as mud and wasn't able to. So, dunno. I thought about a month ago there was talk about Choke feeling underpowered in it's newly released form, which I presumed meant it was released into Prime. I remember being dismayed that the old messaging about roaring to make Trothfang proud as you snap your victims neck wasn't in...

Buuuuuuuut, like I said, it may have all been on Test.
Re: Choke? 10/16/2014 03:08 PM CDT
There was nothing that mentioned it ever going into Prime. Every comment has always referenced the Test server.

>I could very well be wrong. I just tried finding it, but the forum organization is clear as mud and wasn't able to. So, dunno. I thought about a month ago there was talk about Choke feeling underpowered in it's newly released form, which I presumed meant it was released into Prime. I remember being dismayed that the old messaging about roaring to make Trothfang proud as you snap your victims neck wasn't in...

The thread a month ago referenced Test.

>Only Barbarians should be able to Choke over in Test. Can someone else confirm other Guilds can do this for me please? - Kodisu

>I eased up the strength requirement and made it using brawling skill in Test. - Kodisu

>Choke should now properly be using/teaching brawling in test. - Kodisu

Amiron says, "Even a mute would have said something about this amount of people being about."
Re: Choke? 10/17/2014 01:43 AM CDT
This all happened around the time things went bad. I'll review and update you on Choke this weekend.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page