Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 10:13 AM CDT
Howdy folks. As you've probably read on the front page, spells and abilities will soon be getting wiped. Some questions for Barbarians:

1). Do you need a wipe, or can I just keep forgetting on for free for the next week or so?

2). Is it going to be very disruptive if Tsunami changes its effect and if I add a new Warding Berserk afterwards?

3). Any other thoughts?

Note - I will be changing the code so it auto-wipes your ability list if you have negative slot counts. This may be possible in a handful of cases where you already knew an ability, and I changed its slot cost with 3.1, and are 150th so you won't be earning any more slots...

My focus this past month or two has been to get Enchanting out the door. It is beyond comprehension how difficult a project is, and I apologize for not spending more time wrapping up a couple of the loose ends remaining with stuff here.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 11:54 AM CDT
1. Wipe
2. Yes

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 11:56 AM CDT
I think any time you alter early skills in the tree we should have a wipe option.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 12:15 PM CDT
I think, just for parity with magic, barbarians should do the wipe IF, and ONLY IF, there is a reasonable training mechanic nearby.

Wiping them out and then having to hit the dance instructors for masteries, while you're out in the middle of Hara or M'riss or similarly 2 hours from everywhere...would be kinda punitive.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 01:46 PM CDT
Unfortunately, there is little I can do to accommodate players' training locations and any potential lack of trainers in those areas.

Magic has the same problem. No feat trainers currently exist on many of the islands.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 01:53 PM CDT
>>I think any time you alter early skills in the tree we should have a wipe option.

Yes, as a player I wanted such a thing (for spells) since DR's inception. But it never came about and we all survived. It is not a request I can support at this time.

Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 03:31 PM CDT
>>Magic has the same problem. No feat trainers currently exist on many of the islands.

I'm no GM-ologist but why not add a feat trainer to FC and just give another week of all access to the zone?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 03:34 PM CDT
Tsunami: Why is this changing? It's perfect the way it is.
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 03:35 PM CDT
Also, changing a key berserk, and then adding another is incredibly disruptive at a time when our ability to structure our choices is being reigned back in.
Re: Ability Wipe 06/15/2014 04:06 PM CDT
Hmm, alright it looks like I already changed Tsunami. I thought making it add to weapon damage was still on my TODO list.

And that is fine. My plan will be to not perform any Barbarian ability changes/releases until they carry sufficient weight (and I have time) to manage a respec.