Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 01:50 PM CST
Forms teach a LOT better now. This will help out lower levels tremendously. I'll still add meditations and berserks to teach in my routine but forms alone works good now. Thanks.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 06:40 PM CST
Ture, I have been out of combat with turtle and swan up for an hour plus and have had Inner Fire and Warding locked the intire time.

Inner Fire: 681 51% mind lock.....(34/34)
Warding: 347 25% mind lock.....(34/34)

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 07:26 PM CST
Makes me wonder how much of the IF complaints are tied to the scaling of IF. It's supposed to scale to 1500, right? If the Gorts/Vins of the world are doing what they're doing now (in what, 600-850 IF range?), it seems like there's some awesome potential to grow into.
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 08:28 PM CST
>>It's supposed to scale to 1500, right? If the Gorts/Vins of the world are doing what they're doing now (in what, 600-850 IF range?), it seems like there's some awesome potential to grow into.

True, but this does give me some concern. 1500 ranks for a tert? Probably another 6+ years for me since I don't have half of that. Kodius may no longer even be a GM. What if the results aren't that good? Just a lot of what ifs to consider when you think about dropping so much time into capping our abilities. And if the results are that good, whatever GM running things will probably nerf us anyway.

I wish they scaled to about 1000, but oh well.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 09:08 PM CST
Heh, good points. But I imagine that's exactly how 2.0 design started. "No way will anyone ever reach 300 ranks!"
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 09:12 PM CST
Sorry, double post, I just remembered that your abilities scale at different rates for power and duration, so who knows where the real end game line is for the most "power" from IF skill. Might be earlier and better like you mentioned. My bad for the derail.
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 09:55 PM CST
>>I wish they scaled to about 1000, but oh well.

Then what would the point be of skills over 1000? Should weapons have no benefits over 1000 ranks (i.e should swining a sword a 1500 have the same offense as 1000 ranks).

As I understand a part of 3.0 was long term game health and scalibility. 5 years ago if you said we would have people at current skill ranks, people couldnt fathom it, but now god ranks are pretty common place, to the point that anything less than 800 ranks does not cause people to bat an eye lash in most cases.
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 09:56 PM CST
It's daunting to think about getting Supernatural skills up to anything respectable, but I'm reminded of how many combat terts have crazy high combat skills. If they can do it, so can you!
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/26/2013 10:07 PM CST
>>Then what would the point be of skills over 1000? Should weapons have no benefits over 1000 ranks (i.e should swining a sword a 1500 have the same offense as 1000 ranks).

I was talking about tert skills powering abilities, leaving some wiggle room to actually be a capped Barbarian for awhile before capping our primary skills. By the time I hit 1500 in terts I'll have hit 1750 (rank cap) a long time before that in my primaries. You comparing it to 1000 in weapons is just silly, borderline stupid.

Traim summed it up nicely anyway.

-GM Abasha
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 12:32 AM CST
>>You comparing it to 1000 in weapons is just silly, borderline stupid.

You were vocalizing the possibility of one of the skill based systems to cap out its mechanical effects at 1000 ranks because you are tert in it. I asked if you would feel it appropriate if one of your primary skills was looked at the same way, knowing the game goes beyond 1000 ranks. If you think my comparison was silly (borderline stupid) then we have something in agreement about one anothers posts in this thread ^_^
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 12:43 AM CST
>>You were vocalizing the possibility of one of the skill based systems to cap out its mechanical effects at 1000 ranks because you are tert in it. I asked if you would feel it appropriate if one of your primary skills was looked at the same way, knowing the game goes beyond 1000 ranks. If you think my comparison was silly (borderline stupid) then we have something in agreement about one anothers posts in this thread ^_^

Dude, how are you comparing ranks required to cap certain abilities versus to-hit functionality mattering with damaging-dealing skills? They just don't relate to each other at all. Of course you don't understand the difference because you're too eager to rush into an argument/debate over nothing.

I just posted my concerns (which are not unreasonable) of a tert skill whose only function is to power abilities capping at 1500 ranks. Can I not do that?

-GM Abasha
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 12:54 AM CST
>>I just posted my concerns (which are not unreasonable) of a tert skill whose only function is to power abilities capping at 1500 ranks.

It might have changed and/or I might be completely misremembering, but didn't Kodius say something like barb abilities getting the lion's share of functionality early on in the skill range, and past a certain point it's just duration improvements?

That's not to say duration isn't a good thing or a big deal for some/many, but it's not like you'll need to reach 1000+ to get the gross majority of what the abilities are able to grant you.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 01:18 AM CST
>>It might have changed and/or I might be completely misremembering, but didn't Kodius say something like barb abilities getting the lion's share of functionality early on in the skill range, and past a certain point it's just duration improvements?

Yeah, he said something like that, but he was referencing the Augmentation skill and how it'll work for powering our abilities (strength and duration). I was mainly talking about managing our abilities in terms of effective IF usage, which comes from having more IF skill. I was responding to Traim's point that since 600-850'ish ranks of Inner Fire is still quite lacking in terms of IF management, 1500 should see great improvement.

I understand the reason why it was done which is why I didn't want to make a big deal of it. I just felt that hitting the rank cap at 1750 before we can truly cap our IF usage is a bit disappointing, that's all.

-GM Abasha
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 01:39 AM CST
>>I just felt that hitting the rank cap at 1750 before we can truly cap our IF usage is a bit disappointing, that's all.

Gives you something to continue to aspire to after you win DR.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 02:09 AM CST
Barbarian abilities quickly (comparative to spells) cap potency and then are slower to cap duration. They have no integrity, I believe.

A lot of the "I can only have x abilities up at a time, or for so long" complaints will alleviate with higher magic ranks, yes.
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/27/2013 06:13 PM CST
<<You were vocalizing the possibility of one of the skill based systems to cap out its mechanical effects at 1000 ranks because you are tert in it. I asked if you would feel it appropriate if one of your primary skills was looked at the same way, knowing the game goes beyond 1000 ranks. If you think my comparison was silly (borderline stupid) then we have something in agreement about one anothers posts in this thread ^_^>>

Seriously? Nobody wants you in these folders. You add nothing save for GvG garbage, and inane babbling. We'd all love it if you stuck to the Paladin folders.
Re: Form Experience Tweak 01/28/2013 03:55 AM CST
Noodge

Lets keep it constructive folks.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (Mod-Pomae@play.net) or Senior Board Monitor (DR-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).