Barb shop? 10/29/2011 02:31 AM CDT
Any sign of a Barbarian shop in the fest? I don't see much.
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 10/30/2011 02:43 PM CDT
I'm not there but there was supposed to be the shop "Barbarian Paradise"....at least, that's what the tentative list included.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Barbarian_Paradise
Re: Barb shop? 10/30/2011 03:47 PM CDT
Yeah, it's not there. At least, not yet.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Hollow_Eve_Festival_403_Map
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 10/30/2011 06:42 PM CDT
Hey guys, with the rewrite unreleased due to things outside of my control, I had not planned on doing a shop of my own for the festival. Too much going back and forth between the new code and old, new items and old, its frying my brain :P

As for the shop mentioned, I'll look into seeing who/what it was supposed to be. Hopefully not too much longer!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Barb shop? 10/30/2011 06:52 PM CDT
>.Hey guys, with the rewrite unreleased due to things outside of my control, I had not planned on doing a shop of my own for the festival. Too much going back and forth between the new code and old, new items and old, its frying my brain :P

It's okay Kodius, we love you anyways. All your recent releases have been awesome, the hard work is appreciated.

If you want to put in a good word for the True Path, I wouldn't mind. I need a roar cloak!
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 10/30/2011 06:57 PM CDT
I paid to go to the auction and maybe find an alterer for a weapon, but I'd like to see some barb stuff. Yell at solomon to send a minion to do some barb stuff!
Re: Barb shop? 10/31/2011 02:06 PM CDT
<If you want to put in a good word for the True Path, I wouldn't mind. I need a roar cloak!

Ditto
Re: Barb shop? 11/06/2011 10:29 PM CST
Heck yeah, I'd buy a ticket for a roar cloak. Haven't seen anything all that worth while come out of the fest yet.
Re: Barb shop? 11/07/2011 03:55 AM CST
>>Heck yeah, I'd buy a ticket for a roar cloak. Haven't seen anything all that worth while come out of the fest yet.

It's a good fest, if you have a diverse set of interests. There is interesting new racial stuff for Kaldars, some amazing Moon Mage enchanting equipment, some new origami and compendium stuff. There's boxes to keep meat fresh for Rangers, new atmo bugs, fluff-hiders, and your usual assortment of cool fluffy things. I have gotten three alterations done and one two raffles and gotten a couple cool weapons from the weasel-catching game already and we are still a long way from finished.

I will admit there's nothing directly there to make a Barbarian nod his or her head and immediately buy a ticket: no weapons or armor that deserve explicit mention, no Barbarian merchants or alterers. But then looking at the Hollow's Eve cost as simply an admission price for your laundry list of shop goods isn't really fair to the experience as a whole.
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 11/07/2011 04:36 AM CST
Eh, I find it disappointing that there is not a barbarian-specific shop. I am having a blast and enjoying this fest a lot. Just please add some worthwhile barb-specific stuff. Even some teaser 3.0 items would be cool.
Re: Barb shop? 11/07/2011 11:56 AM CST
>Even some teaser 3.0 items would be cool.

That's a good idea...

Even a wagon with two or so items for sale would be better than nothing. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the reasons behind not doing it, and as I'm not even AT the fest, actually support it.

The thought is that if Kodius opens a shop, ALL of that equipment will need to be rewritten for 3.0 just delaying it even longer.

I think it'd be cool to open a shop with 10 or so various kinds of warpaint stamps though. You don't see them around a WHOLE lot anymore and they're a fun RP tool that I for one am interested to see how they carry over into skillz3.0. In theory they shouldn't need recoded to keep their current abilities, because to my knowledge you don't use any skill when applying them to deaders.

Just my two coppers.

Healf
Re: Barb shop? 11/07/2011 04:01 PM CST
I also get weak in the knees for barb fluff.
Re: Barb shop? 11/07/2011 05:11 PM CST
I'm running low on warpaint anyways, Osgeth's would be fine. Or True Path, if they had roar skins. Anything, really.
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 11/08/2011 10:45 PM CST
>and gotten a couple cool weapons from the weasel-catching game already and we are still a long way from finished.

What game is this?

Ps. keep the dirty replies to yourself because I am sure I already thought it :)

>exp magic

Inner Magic: 346 28% Sparkling!(35/34)
Re: Barb shop? 11/08/2011 10:47 PM CST
Also, back on topic... I would like to see a nice shop with some decent weapons.

>exp magic

Re: Barb shop? 11/08/2011 11:25 PM CST
>>What game is this?

You will see creatures running around the spider sometimes. An amber weasel, a tawny platinum polecat, a fluffy ferret, etc. You can grab them and take them to a shrine located inside the lower section of the spider, past the maintenance door. Every time you place a creature on the shrine you win a prize. Lots are silly fluff prizes (like cursed roses you can't drop, whatchu talkin bout Huldah?). Some of the fluff's interesting, but mostly you are trying for the rare weapons.
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 07:25 AM CST
<<I would like to see a nice shop with some decent weapons.>>

Dark defenders, the war icons in minseors for different gods are decent 2hb if you have the strength to use them, the weapons in forever faithful are very nice. the spears you could get with tickets are nice too. Plus there's Die! arrows and bolts for the ranged users. Which are fun for Pvp, albeit limited in use <you only get one per purchase.>

barbarian fluff i found : creepy costumes has mo, agonar other barbarian guildleaders.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 11:22 AM CST
>Dark defenders, the war icons in minseors for different gods are decent 2hb if you have the strength to use them, the weapons in forever faithful are very nice. the spears you could get with tickets are nice too. Plus there's Die! arrows and bolts for the ranged users. Which are fun for Pvp, albeit limited in use <you only get one per purchase.>

I should have been more specific. More "barbaric" weapons and something I wont have to alter ("Get well soon" spear) before I use it.

>exp magic

Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 11:26 AM CST
> Some of the fluff's interesting, but mostly you are trying for the rare weapons.

Thanks, I havent seen any yet. Got any weapons to show? :)

>exp magic

Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 02:07 PM CST
>get tongue spea
You get a darkstone Tongue-of-Huldah spear from inside a secure vault.
>exa my spear
Painted with indigo streaks over black, the bladed portion is made of a long, twisting metal tine and four shorter ones.
>app my spear
A darkstone Tongue-of-Huldah spear is a pike pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
mighty puncture damage
somewhat fair slice damage
somewhat moderate impact damage

You are certain that the spear is decently balanced and is soundly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tongue spear is highly protected against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The tongue spear is made with metal.
You think it is likely that the tongue spear weighs about 77 stones.
You are certain that the tongue spear is worth exactly 987500 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

70 stones

I also have a cane that "sings" like the damascened weapons from that one shop. Appraisal's only decent, but it's the only whistling weapon I have seen that isn't an edged weapon.
Malkien
Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 02:28 PM CST
Is it wrong that it annoys me that for fest/special weapons they totally disregard the physical metal properties (that they JUST laid out) and put whatever stats they want with whatever metal they want? It's just confusing.

That's a nice spear though. I think Diggan had a lumium a weapon as well that had kertig stats or something like that.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 02:45 PM CST
It is not wrong, it should have been done just for consistencies sack.
Re: Barb shop? 11/09/2011 10:27 PM CST
The problem is with the tools shop makers have for setting up weapons and armor. Unless I get involved personally and hand-edit the stats, they will just be representative "default" steel, rare metal, very rare metal, etc. I had put several of the tools' developments on hold until Combat was further along, hence some of the item confusion while things get sorted out. Rest assured, I am not satisifed with where things are at. Hopefully by the next festival things begin to get sorted out.

Similarly, I have to apologize for the lack of Barb updated and stuff to play with in Test. The release is being held up while other development is completed (stuff I am not involved with). My hope is that won't take too much longer and things can progress.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Barb shop? 11/10/2011 01:59 AM CST
>Similarly, I have to apologize for the lack of Barb updated and stuff to play with in Test.

Any chance on a date when Premies will be allowed in Test???????

-Healf
Re: Barb shop? 11/11/2011 04:05 PM CST

2 years behind schedule. What's another year?
Re: Barb shop? 11/11/2011 05:00 PM CST
We're ending that line of posting right here.

Continue with questions about the barbarian shop, and be constructive.

Thank you!

Svafa
_
If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET
Re: Barb shop? 11/18/2011 05:33 PM CST
>You get a darkstone Tongue-of-Huldah spear from inside a secure vault.

Thats pretty cool!

>exp magic

You search the orc raider.
The raider was carrying a brown paper-wrapped package! UPS Delivers.