Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/15/2011 10:08 PM CDT
>>Not sure about others but I never ever need a full hour of in combat training to mind lock all my combats.<<

I do. It takes 10 minutes+ just to get short bow to 12/34. Defenses lock fast, except parry because it sucks, but other than that, most of my weapons stay between 6-20/34. The ones I'm working right now I'm backtraining. The only weapon I'm training currently I'd consider a primary weapon is short bow. And the buffs I use change consistently.
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/15/2011 10:10 PM CDT
<<But 2+ minutes of downtime every hour would mean no fighting >>

You can use this time to go get that ever important armor repair taken care of...
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/15/2011 10:36 PM CDT
>>Speaking as someone who exists under this model - Bard enchantes = frequent periods of no buffs - I think you're overestimating the negative effects of a reduced strength start. Like Bards, you will have AoE instant abilities to shut down enemies between buffs if needed, and unlike Bards, you'll still be partially buffed during the 'downtime.' All this without even accounting for the more stable damage of combat 3.0.

No we won't. We were specifically told roars will affect only the faced target unless you take amplifying abilities to affect the entire room...with certain roars.

Essentially, no Barbarian is likely to waste ability points on AoEs.

>>Not sure about others but I never ever need a full hour of in combat training to mind lock all my combats. In fact, it often takes just an hour to lock my combats, then run into another area to backtrain weapons and survivals.

Not sure what you're doing differently (I would imagine it involves not training a bow/xbow and stealths), but it takes me close to 3 hours to get my 6 weapons moving steadily (between 23/34 and lock). I basically only ever step out of combat to heal, sell skins/gems, dump at the bank, and repair. Which occurs roughly once every 3 hours. As you might guess, it's extremely aggravating. Especially if the hunting area is crowded and I'm likely to lose my spot.
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/15/2011 10:48 PM CDT
<<AoE roars

The most recent post (the one this thread is a response to) states that roars will be targeted at your choice of either any single target or everything engaged with you. A single feat will add the option to affect the entire room as your third choice. I.e. no points spent to roar the 4 creatures that matter.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/15/2011 11:07 PM CDT
>>Not sure what you're doing differently (I would imagine it involves not training a bow/xbow and stealths), but it takes me close to 3 hours to get my 6 weapons moving steadily (between 23/34 and lock).

I mind lock stealths and every other combat in an hour. Combats include Evasion, parry, shield, LT, HE, Vocals, Leather, brawling and appraisal. Stealth is trained elsewhere.

Before the announced tdp changes I was training all the aforementioned combats and would drop to another area to train short bow, LE, ME, MB, foraging, offhand hiding, stalking, and perception. All these skills would take only 90 or so minutes to train. 60 for the combats, 30 for the other weapons. I know this because I'd cycle back and forth, and I was always back training my mains before they fully drained.

Perhaps it's the way I train but the suggested delay in forms is nothing to me. Perhaps it'll affect others a little more but the issue was brought up, and now we'll just wait and see. Also I use Dragon, Eagle, Panther, and Cobra to train all my skills. I'd so much rather have an hour duration than a shorter one or some other nerf to forms.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/16/2011 05:44 AM CDT
I have to agree with Vinjince, one minute seems like nothing to me, just throw up a berserk during the minute downtime or something else. I am pretty sure the way I am going to be using these abilities is going to be much more dynamic and probably have overlapping abilities running all the time. Heck if 60 seconds bothers you, roar wail twice, or roar something that hurts your opponents offenses for 60 seconds. YOu will have so many ways to counter that 60 seconds.

>>My 30s barb is using berserks constantly, though, and he needs them.

This is the way I imagine high level hunting is going to be after the changes....I hope it's this way. Low level hunting 0-300 ranks (besides a few parry and armor problems) seems like it is set up way better and more appropriate than high level hunting. Back then I could hunt a few hours and come out with a wall of wounds. I could press my luck and stay longer, sometimes I did and ended up dead or go get healed. It was up to me to make the judgement call. But that was way more fun....no instant dead or 100% safe.

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/16/2011 07:21 AM CDT
I have been sturggling a bit over this change and how I would keep doing the same thing the same way I always have. Then it struck me. Combat is being rewritten, magic is being rewritten, crafting is being rewritten and all barbarian abilities are being rewritten. How could I possible not have to change SOMETHING in the way I play Magdar?! I am a dancing barb. Bersarking is something I do every 2 or 3 RL years! But with this change, I WILL be bersarking. OFTEN.

We just have to trust or GM to insure that barbarians are EFFECTIVE and fun. Then just go with it. My only request is for DETAILS of how these new abilities/effects work. I am a 150th circle barbarian. I should be TOTALLY familiar with my abilities and expect the GM's to provide documentation on it. Detailed documentation.

DEATH TO PAFO!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/16/2011 09:11 AM CDT
another thing no one's mentioned, and everyone is forgetting is...you are going to have forms/meditations/serks going 24/7 in some capacity anyways. They will teach IF which will be skill/rank based in new system. So odds are, the forms you'd use in combat will already be up and running full tilt when it comes time to hunt. if you want to swap forms mid hunt, throw up a 60 second serk, stop one form, start another and the "warm-up" period is a non fctor due to the serk being up.
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/16/2011 05:39 PM CDT
>>DEATH TO PAFO!<<

^This.

NMUs are not people. -GM Armifer
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/17/2011 01:43 AM CDT
What does PAFO mean?

>>"It's part of the whole unnatural abominations upon Elanthia deal."<<

-Armifer
Re: A concern about new forms. 03/17/2011 02:20 AM CDT
Play And Find Out

Oderint Dum Metuant
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page