The Branding: Caidie 07/09/2017 10:38 PM CDT
Arpia says, "I ask that Caidie, having arrived first, start us off."
Arpia gestures at Caidie.
Arpia takes a seat near a hot burning fire contained by a strange metal contraption.
Caidie stands up.
Caidie says, "You asked for a story and I thought of all the stories. The stories of my battles and my barbarian ways. I thought of all the great battles I've fought and lost..because I mostly lost em. Then ..after thinking of everything, I wrote this down. It's how I came to be me. Caidie, An Elven barbarian."
Caidie nods.
Caidie clears her throat.
Caidie softly says, "The way of the world had changed, Barbarians were no longer the same. People whispered of magic and of things I never dreamed of. I didnt want to be touched by it, it felt dirty and wrong...yet times-- what had happened??--They just weren't the same and never would be again."
Caidie frowns and stands still. Her eyes taking on a far away look, she begins to speak again as a wistful smile turns the corner of her lips.
Caidie laughingly says, "Sweet Meraud was he tall."
Caidie says, "-"How!"- That's all he said outloud. A man nearly as tall as the Gor'Togs. A man who glared at me like I was out of place. He was making fun of me."
Caidie wrinkles her nose.
Arpia grins wryly.
Caidie quietly says, "Oh yes, Tisquantum Longstalk- I remember you."
Caidie smiles.
Caidie winks at Squanto.
Squanto snickers.
Caidie says, "An Elf. A barbarian. Those things didn't go together."
Caidie shrugs.
Caidie sighs.
Caidie says, "So simply clad in just a Togball jersey and knickers and my most comfortable boots I reached out to accept what he handed me-- a greatsword and a rock."
Caidie raises an eyebrow.
Caidie chuckles.
Caidie says, "The weight of the sword made me stumble. I squinted up at him, determined and unafraid of the 'manstalk' I made a poor attempt at stomping off. My new greatsword dragging in the dirt behind me."
Caidie gazes off into the distance.
Caidie firmly says, "I would be a Barbarian and I'd show them all."
Arpia chuckles at Caidie.
Caidie says, "Countless times he would whisper, "Kaldars are the best Barbarians."
Caidie says, "But outloud he'd say,"How!" laugh then walk away with me standing there to just watch him leave me behind."
Caidie rolls her eyes.
Caidie says, "The stories of Human females becoming great barbarians, stories of Gor'Togs and Kaldar would be told to me. Never once mentioning Elves."
Caidie smiles ever so slightly.
Caidie says, "I'd do this or die trying. And die I did."
Caidie frowns and rubs her bum as she mutters about firm backside kickings.
Caidie says, "By the hands of creatures and people alike. I paid for my determination and smart mouth with my own life countless times."
Caidie rubs her left eye.
Caidie laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Caidie fondly says, "Ah the memory of the Human-would-be-Kaldar and how he taught me to fight back, with a single arrow in my left eyeball."
Caidie snickers at Drunstan.
Caidie grins at Drunstan.
Caidie says, "He taught me to lose and to be proud. And more importantly to keep going into the storm that is our world. With his friendship and protection I learned. No longer afraid of the death..of their laughter. Instead of fearing the storm, I tried to become part of it."
Drunstan grins at Caidie.
Caidie knits her eyebrows together in a thoughtful frown.
Arpia nods thoughtfully, listening.
Caidie frowns as she shakes her head. Opening her eyes slowly she looks around the room as if waking from a dream.
Caidie chews lightly on her lip, looking unsure of herself.
Caidie casually observes the area.
Caidie uneasily says, "By gods, this tent was so small! So many people around --no other barbs of my race. Just me. The only other Elf deferred to me?? Im not even sure why really."
Caidie helplessly says, "Maxwel wasnt even here to tell me it would be ok. At least Riverlynn, my constant companion was here-- She always is."
Caidie winks and flashes Riverlynn a sly grin.
Riverlynn grins.
Caidie says, "She touched my hand and let me know I was ok. I could almost breathe then."
Caidie worriedly asks, "Oh what if let them all down? What if I failed this one last thing? Would they laugh and say ,"Toldjaso?" like I have said to so many others. Would this female Barbarian before me say, "You didnt pass???"
Caidie gazes upward.
Caidie reverentially says, "Please sweet baby Meraud let me have done this one last thing right."
Caidie studies the ground for a moment.
Caidie balls up her fists stiffly at her side.
Caidie firmly says, "I think I am ready now."
Caidie nibbles her lip thoughtfully.
Caidie smiles as she lifts her head and stares bravely toward Arpia.
Caidie proudly says, "I am Caidie of the Snow Elf Clan. I am finally Shar."
Caidie nods to Arpia.
Arpia smiles at Caidie.
Arpia stands up.
Caidie takes a seat near a hot burning fire contained by a strange metal contraption.
{Everyone cheers, applauds, and huzzahs!}
Arpia says to Caidie, "I believe you are ready."
Arpia says to Caidie, "Bare your right arm."
Caidie smiles worriedly and shows her arm to Arpia.
Chuno deeply says to Caidie, "Be brave."
Drunstan rubs Caidie gently, massaging her muscles.
Chuno deeply says to Caidie, "We're with you."
Squanto says to Caidie, "Bite my fist."
Caidie laughs!
(Squanto puts his fist in Caidie's mouth)
Caidie frowns and bites down really really hard!
Squanto screams!
Arpia takes a firm grasp of Caidie's arm with one hand.
Caidie inhales a great swallow of air.
Caidie winces.
Caidie chews hard on her lip but accidentally bites her tongue and winces in pain.
Arpia draws one of the rods from the fire.
Arpia draws the tip of the glowing rod against Caidie's right arm, scoring lines into it.

You see Caidie Dejacque, Chaosbringer of Elanthia, an Elven Barbarian.
Caidie has pointed ears, stormy grey eyes and a lightly freckled nose. Her ink black hair is hip-length and a mass of misbehaving curls, and is worn tied back. She has a thick pink scar deliberately carved into the shape of the Elven symbol for eternity on the left wrist, marring fair skin.
She is surprisingly short for an Elf.
She appears to be young.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a tight leather bandeau with a cross-wrap halter, a twisted silver ring marred with glitter-filled tooth marks, a lifesculpted wedding band of white pine and blackened sicle wood, an aged whimsy ring engraved with two chubby cheeked Elven lasses holding hands, a low-slung loincloth of leather straps belted with a dark brown josta and a pair of untied brown leather combat boots with silver grommets.

Arpia's focus seems purely on the design she is branding into Caidie's skin.
A stunned Caidie slowly tips over, falling on her face!
Caidie shakes off the stun.
Caidie gazes upward.
Caidie sits up.
Arpia kneels down before Caidie.
Arpia says, "Almost done."
Caidie gives a slight nod.
Caidie gazes at Arpia.
Caidie quickly clasps both hands over her mouth.
As Arpia finishes the design created on Caidie's flesh, their eyes roll back in their heads and they slump to the ground unconscious.

You see Caidie Dejacque, Chaosbringer of Elanthia, an Elven Barbarian.
Caidie has pointed ears, stormy grey eyes and a lightly freckled nose. Her ink black hair is hip-length and a mass of misbehaving curls, and is worn tied back. She has a thick pink scar deliberately carved into the shape of the Elven symbol for eternity on the left wrist, marring fair skin.
She is surprisingly short for an Elf.
She appears to be young.
Waves of angry brown and white scars twine the length of her right arm, covering the flesh from shoulder to wrist in a chaotic maelstrom of artistic scarring. The image of a small Elven child defiantly dragging a greatsword behind her is branded deeply into the unmarked skin at the heart of the whirlwind. Scored grooves left by the edge of her tapered sword trail in the wake of the slight figure, lines terminating in jagged letters that form the word "SHAR" on the inside of her right wrist.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a tight leather bandeau with a cross-wrap halter, a twisted silver ring marred with glitter-filled tooth marks, a lifesculpted wedding band of white pine and blackened sicle wood, an aged whimsy ring engraved with two chubby cheeked Elven lasses holding hands, a low-slung loincloth of leather straps belted with a dark brown josta and a pair of untied brown leather combat boots with silver grommets.

Caidie sits up.
Caidie's eyes slowly open.
Caidie says, "So that was as bad as it felt."
Caidie winces.
{Everyone celebrates!}
Arpia says to Caidie, "Bravely done."
Arpia smiles at Caidie.
Caidie grins at Arpia.
Arpia replaces the rod in the fire so the tip can reheat.
Caidie says, "Thank you all."
Caidie gives Arpia some coins.
Arpia nods to Caidie.