2013 Meeting Log (long) 07/17/2013 09:39 PM CDT
I edited it heavily to remove chatter and moved some lines around to make a little more sense.

[The Crossing Amphitheater, The Seating Area]
Stone benches and wooden seats form a semi-circle around a stage at the north end of this theater. Designed so even a whisper can be heard by all, this area is used for everything from town meetings to staged performances. You also see a walnut table with several things on it, a large stone archway and a speaker's list.
Also here: Andelo, Valor Caiomhe, Slum Lord Penethol, War Pup Kyle, Rallyne who is sitting, Blood Phoenix Drexella who is sitting, Blademaster Barzella, Collain, Gilanesh, Apprentice Barbarian Behem who is sitting, Deadly Bjoria who is sitting, Retired Commander Xixist, Kertig Heart Magdar who is sitting and GameMaster Kodius.
Obvious paths: none.

Kodius says, "Everyone please settle down and try to quiet your horrible magical thingamabobs."

Kodius says, "I felt it would be a good time to get everyone together and discuss how far we've come and where things might be going, and to address your questions and concerns."

Kodius says, "As I've hinted at on the forums, I'm in the middle of finishing up Alchemy and will be then moving back into Barbarian and Combat development."

Kodius says, "Everything is in testing in Plat, so we're looking at a week or two tops hopefully..."

Kodius says, "As I've also alluded to on the forums, we're in the middle of some changes and rebalancing to abilities gamewide."

Kodius says, "In terms of slot cost you shouldn't notice much change."

Kodius says, "I think one ability picks up a slot, and one loses a slot... pretty minor."

Kodius says, "With the changes, we'll be moving to a system where buffs grow with you a bit better."

Kodius says, "Right now buffs tend to cap at X ranks/stats. That means if you cap them at circle 50, the buffs become less effective as you gain in skill."

Kodius says, "50 ranks is 10% of 500 ranks. Its only 5% of 1000 ranks... and since combat is % based, they effectively do less."

Kodius says, "So that will be changing. It means that at higher skills folks should be seeing buffs more effective."

You loudly ask, "Combat is % based? I thought that was part of what you were changing?"

Kodius says, "You probably won't see buffs get worse across the board, no."

Collain says to Kodius, "I frankly don't care if, for instance, Wildfire is buffed and everything else is nerfed. That's a net nerf."

Kodius says, "Anyhow, these are global changes so the impact won't be just to your Guild."

Kodius says, "Old combat suffered from a multitude of issues."

Kodius says, "Trying to distill it down to something I could explain in 5 or 6 weeks would probably be a lost cause."

Kodius says, "Along with the changes we'll have a new to-hit buff mechanic."

Magdar asks, "In addition to combos?"

Kodius says, "No, just a new buff type."

You loudly ask, "Will this include the low balance miss chance you talked about a while ago?"

Kodius says, "Something we can add into a form or berserk."

Shanken asks, "New to hit buff mechanic for combat? Or for our buffs?"

Kodius says, "Well the buff required hooks into combat, but that is finished."

Kodius says, "We're also looking at RT modifying buffs."

Kodius says, "More choices, more difficult decisions."

Collain asks Kodius, "So does the new paradigm allow for a feat that lets us maintain/gain balance and position while supine, for instance? Or is that still hard-coded in?"

Kodius says, "Eh, fighting while prone is hard coded to some extent."

Kodius asks, "Is there really a want for a feat/ability that makes that more possible?"

Collain says, "I'd like to be able to be effect while supine."

Collain says, "Nobody's a very good fighter while prone."

Kodius says, "It is something we can consider."

Collain says, "It's hard to punch someone when you're face down."

Buuwl says, "Some magic and skills knock us down, it would be cool to be effective knocked down."

Kodius says, "Anyhow, let me finish and then we can open it for questions."

Guaranzo says, "I'd hate to see development time put into prone fighting, when there are plenty of more pressing issues to address."

Kodius says, "At some point after my Barb/Combat review, I hope to get Chakrel Carving fleshed out."

You loudly ask, "That's still planned to be in Carving?"

Kodius says, "Yeah, so it should be pretty easy to add."

You loudly ask, "Will imbueing be part of that or a separate crafting area?"

Kodius says, "It'll be tied into your Guild abilities and Path choice."

Kodius says, "Priorities are Alchemy - Barbarians/Combat completion - Enchanting/Chakrel Carving."

Kodius says, "At this juncture."

Shanken asks, "Speaking of path choice.... Is it still planned that choosing a path reduces the cost a lot for your path?"

Kodius says, "It will just give you a few extra slots."

Kodius says, "The real bonus is the special abilities it allows you to learn."

Kodius says, "Meditate in combat, leap to melee, those sorts of fun things."

Collain says to Kodius, "I don't like how that sounds. Tying basic functionality in specific Paths isn't ideal."

Drexella says, "I'm still not sold on the whole choosing a path thing just yet, but still listening."

Kodius says, "I've always felt like the best classes, Guilds, whatever... they need choices you make along with developing your character."

Kodius says, "Otherwise folks just become all the same and boring."

Squanto asks, "If you choose a path, is the choice irreversible?"

Collain says to Kodius, "Binary functionality choice nets you Warrior Mages. That's not a dynamic I'm interested in at all."

Kodius says, "At first. It'll probably require some time investment to make it a modifyable decision."

Drexella says, "While I agree with that, I don't like feeling I need a spreadsheet open while playing just to figure out what I'm doing."

Kodius asks, "Well, folks can only learn one scroll right?"

Kodius says, "And not all spells are on scrolls."

Collain says, "They can learn two."

Kodius asks, "If they spend slots on it though right?"

Collain says, "But you can, for instance, buff 7 of the 8 attributes."
Collain says, "If you're a Cleric."

Telutci says, "Let me learn khri spar. I'll pay all the slots you want."

Collain says, "That's worth one spell slot."

Kodius says, "Some of that will be improving with the rebalancing."

Kodius says, "Thief abvilities aren't new yet."

Kodius says, "They are being rewritten."

Buuwl says, "All spells that aren't utility should be signiture, but we are digressing."

Kodius chuckles.
Kodius says, "I'm unfortunately not the magic dude."

Buuwl says, "Speaking of magic can you speak to our magic resistence."
Buuwl says, "And if any changes have been going on with that lately."

Kodius says, "Nothing has changed with Barbarian abilities in months."

Guaranzo says, "I wish I could roar area."

Kodius says, "Roar area will be coming back once I finish my completion tasks."

Buuwl asks, "Kodius is it possible our magic resistence hasnt changed but magic has just gotten stronger as a whole?"

Kodius says, "Potency/Integrity is hardcoded and has not changed."

Kodius says, "For the purposes of disrupting spells."

Guaranzo asks, "Can we please get inherant weapon boosts, like paladins get to armor. Can we also speak about paladins getting weapon buffs than we get?"

Kodius says, "I think I already mentioned that your weapon booster would be getting improved."

Kodius says, "Parrying ranged attacks from melee perhaps."

Kodius says, "I forget if that still works."

Telutci says, "It does for bows and crossbows, not thrown."

Kodius says, "But at ranged, I'm not sure. That is becoming a signature move for another guild."

Kodius asks, "Why do folks fnd it impossible to leave combat and meditate, then return?"

Kodius asks, "Is it just that its harder to script?"

Telutci says, "PvP."

Kodius says, "They are meditations, and meditating kind of requires some peace."

Vinjince says, "I do fine leaving combat to meditate."

Kodius says, "And nothing says you have to use them."

Barzella says, "In prime, loss of hunting room. in plat, location of stuff vs. getting there, if i'm in a tree up in riss i have to run all the way to the dock to meditate."

Enwah asks, "Why is it roars still get us in trouble in town if they're not AOE?"

Guaranzo says, "We're barbarians. We find peace in combat."

Squanto says, "I'd prefer 12 sec RT standing meditating in combat over sitting and using them."

Squanto says, "Or let disc allow it."

Enwah says, "Sitting in combat will make you die pretty much."

Penethol says, "Running out of combat is really not style of a barb..."

Kodius says, "Meditating isn't the most Barbarian-like thing either."

Kodius says, "But it fits a niche."

Guaranzo says, "So, lets change it."

Kodius asks, "Have folks been unable to ROAR everything out of the room, or stun them all and meditate?"

Guaranzo asks, "Seems very, umm, silly?"

Guaranzo says, "Stun them doesnt work."

Codiax says, "Cant stun."

Collain says to Kodius, "You can't meditate when you're engaged."

Buuwl says, "Stun is too short."

Codiax says, "Cant unengage."

Telutci says, "You have to leave the room anyways. If something angry at you is in the room, you can't meditate."

Codiax says, "So you have to leave or roar them out I think."

Kodius asks, "What if I made it so you can't meditate if things are at melee?"

Kodius says, "But you can if they are engaged."

Penethol says, "Perfect."

Codiax says, "Nope."

Telutci says, "Would be better."

Collain says, "Nope."

Magdar says, "Better."

Telutci asks, "Can we roar while sitting, too?"

Hammerfist says, "Would help."

Drexella says, "The meditates take to long to stay out of melee long enough."

Kodius says, "Alright, let's get the list going."

Kodius says, "As I've said before, removing the need to sit/be peaceful would simple make meditations identical to forms."

Kodius says, "Which is not intended."

Penethol says, "Then penalize for doing it somehow."

Squanto says, "Meditations don't eat IF over time, though."

Telutci says, "Except the cost of doing them."

Telutci says, "Yeah, theyre different, entirely."

Penethol says, "Leaving to meditate is so unbarblike."

Codiax says, "And that they do different things."

Guaranzo says, "And the roundtime associated."

Kodius says, "Alright guys."

Kodius says, "Let's go to the list. Everyone quiet down."

Kodius points at a speaker's list.

Vinjince is next.

Vinjince asks, "What's in store for Inner Fire regeneration outside of killing critters? And is there some sort of ETA for maneuvers?"

Kodius says, "So one change I want to add is regenerating IF from hitting other players - to help with te PvP situation."

Kodius says, "One of the Paths will have a maneuver for increasing your IF regen limit."

Vinjince says, "Flame, I'm hoping."

Vinjince smiles.

Kodius says, "The infused chakrel will also speed up meditating, but of course not everyone will have access to it."

Kodius says, "One of the maneuvers will also remove the need for chakrel completely."

Kodius says, "More decisions, more pluses and minuses."

Barzella is next.

Kodius asks, "Barzella?"

Barzella says, "2 questions. first one, you mentioned the maneuvers would be taught by the former dance instructors - just a reminder that one can't GET To the area of dragon without

"DANCING" at the present time."

Kodius nods.

Kodius says, "That'll be fixed, and all dance instructors will teach all Maneuvers."

Kodius says, "I do want to keep them all around for the RP depth they add."

Barzella says, "2nd question, possibly include a legacy board, but i'd like the barbarian rosters in plat to be updated. their still set on old pre 3.0 skills."

Kodius asks, "Oh, this is only a problem in Plat?"

Barzella says, "Don't know, i'm not elibible for the ones here."

Magdar says, "Here too."

Kodius says, "Ahh, I'll have to investigate what it would take."

Barzella says, "The traders have a legacy board in their guild if you want to keep one that has old names."

Barzella says, "And update the rest."

Kodius nods.

Kodius says, "I'll look at it."

Telutci is next.

Telutci asks, "What is the plan for feats for non magic users, and specifically barbs? In general, the debilitation and augmentation mastery feats would be nice, but I would really like to see the

return of some of what is missing, like area roars and dual load. Any ETA on when those will be getting worked on?"

Kodius says, "They'll all be getting added when I finish my next round of Barbarian completion."

Kodius says, "Which is starting in a week or two once Alchemy is out."

Telutci asks, "So they are slated to be worked on this go round?"

Kodius says, "You'll have mastery maneuvers for each of the supernatural skills and roar area, dual load, improved whirlwind, etc."

Kodius says, "Yes."

Telutci asks, "And one thing, is dragon dance intended to buff ranged?"

Kodius says, "No.,."

Kodius says, "Dragon is Melee, Eagle is Ranged."

Telutci says, "Ahh, as it is mentions, it says offensive force."

Kodius says, "I can probably tweak the description."

Telutci says, "Was a big confusing, explains what exp mods is showing, though."

Xixist is next.

Xixist says, "Ellos .. ive a few short items."

Xixist says, "!st ... wardogs."

Xixist says, "Second .. group effect abilities."

Kodius says, "Wardogs were nixed a while back... I've not had a 3rd clone to work on the Companion rewrite either, so its likely not soon if ever."

Xixist says, "Third .. an ability that allows me to pick someone up no matter der weight."

Kodius says, "We moved the Guild away from having poor-quality group buffs during the rewrite."

Kodius says, "You may get 1 or 2 group interacting abilities when I dig back into everything."

Kodius says, "Maybe 1 ability per path."

Xixist asks, "And finally .. can we get a guard that stops arrow attacks?"

Xixist says, "Ill take the bullet to block."

Xixist says, "Dat is all."

Shanken is next.

Shanken asks, "2 questions also. 1. Dragon boosts weapon skill, as seen by exp mods. Eagle does not boost weapon skills, according to exp mods. Is this intended that they work differently? And

could you clarify how the new offense/weapon changes will work? 2. I was originally under the impression that choosing a path would lower the cost of the abilities in that path. Is this no longer

the case and why?"

Kodius says, "I changed Eagle to be an OF boost because people complained it didn't work well with throwng weapons."

Kodius says, "They had effectively the same potency."

Shanken asks, "Okay, and the new ones?"

Kodius says, "I'll see about fixing that during the review."

Kodius says, "They'll all be skill bonuses in the future."

Shanken says, "Lastly the choosing a path making IF managible."

Kodius says, "Dragon/Eagle will be skill, Wildfire will be increasing weapon stats, and you'll have a new buff that modifies to-hit."

Shanken says, "That sounds perfect."

Kodius says, "There will be feats for improving IF usage."

Shanken asks, "Can you go into detail on them at all?"

Shanken asks, "A couple at least?"

Kodius says, "Not until I've fleshed them out a bit more."

Enwah is next.

Enwah says, "Okay I have two questions."

Enwah says, "One is why was choke verb gotten rid of.."

Kodius says, "Choke broke with Combat 3.0, and I've just not had time to fix it. It will come back."

Enwah says, "Okay second question is..."

Enwah says, "Why is it when I roar in town I still get fined when its not AOE its just to who is facing me."

Enwah says, "I pvp a lot. so I'm just curious."

Kodius says, "Well its like casting an offensive spell on someone. Its illegal in town."

Guaranzo says, "Thats not completely accurate. Not every offensive pvp spell gives casters a fine."

Shanken says, "Most TM doesnt."

Telutci says, "No TM does thats not necromancy, and most disablers/debuffs dont."

Kodius says, "Hmm, well I may have to investigate that."

Barzella says, "Fire rain does."

Telutci says, "Yeah WMs are the exception, they have a handfull that do."

Enwah says, "I just kinda don't think its right to be put in jail for."

Kexz says, "Tahts AoE tho."

Barzella says, "Phoneix fire does."

Kodius says, "Some of it is just because that is how it always has worked, some of it is just an inherant disadvantage."

Collain says, "AOE has always been illegal."

Collain says, "That was why roars were illegal."

Kodius says, "But I can probably make the single-target roars work without danger."

Enwah says, "That'd be awesome."

Kodius asks, "Was that all?"

Enwah says, "Yep from me."

Enwah says, "Thankyou."

Codiax is next.

Codiax asks, "What is your plan with Tsunami? Any chance Wolverine can be tweaked to be faster engagement?"

Kodius says, "Wolverine needs a buff. Not sure why its not working as well as I has hoped."

Kodius says, "I may have it do something else for fun too."

Kodius says, "Tusnami will become a premium weapon booster."

Codiax says, "What does that mean."

Codiax smiles.

Guaranzo asks, "Two berserks will be weapon boosters?"

Shanken asks, "Doesn't that double up on your new wildfire?"

Kodius says, "Tsunami will be changed to bonus "good stats."

Kodius says, "P/S/I."

Kodius chuckles.

Kodius says, "Yeah, let's slow it down a bit."

Shanken asks, "And they will stack?"

Kodius says, "Wildfire will get Balance/Power in addition to strength."

Shanken asks, "Like a strength buff?"

Collain asks Kodius, "Is there some reason we need an active ability to get bonuses similar to the ones Paladins get passively for Armor?"

Kexz says, "Passive weapon boost would be nice."

Kodius asks, "You mean the hindrance reducer?"

Kodius says, "Armor is a pretty useless and horrible skill. I'm not sure we should be picking on it as a skillset."

Kodius shrugs.

Kodius asks, "I've spent weeks trying to think of ways to make the Armor skillset more ...interesting?"

Kodius asks, "Diverse?"

Kodius says, "Gah, it is such a difficult nut to crack."

Kodius says, "I'm not even sure what kind of passive boost we could apply, to be honest."

Kodius says, "Dual wielding large edge was supposed to be one of those."

Codiax says, "Balance."

Tweedee licks his lips.

Squanto says, "Damage points."

You loudly say, "Phantom weight reduction."

Guaranzo says, "Single handing 2 handed weapons."

Kodius says, "There is no way to make them stack without rewriting portions of combat."

Kodius says, "And you'd probably not "feel" +10% damage anyways so it'd be seen as "weak."

Collain says to Kodius, "I'd notice and appreciate +10 points to slice on my dagger, though."

Kodius says, "I am much more in favor of abilities that have a meaningful potency tied to them."

Kodius says, "I can't do +100% damage to your dagger."

Kodius says, "Some of your maneuvers could be seen as passive boosts."

Kodius says, "So let's see where that leads us."

Caraamon is next.

You loudly ask, "First off. Can I pretty please kill Charak?"

Kodius chuckles.

Kodius asks, "Why?"

You loudly say, "I hate him."

You grumble.

You loudly say, "That bastard is always trying to get me killed."

Kodius says, "Heh."

You loudly say, "Okay, to the real stuff."

You loudly ask, "I know it's probably not high on your list, being mostly fluffy, but do you still intend to expand magic item destruction?"

Kodius nods.

Kodius says, "I do."

Kodius says, "Not sure it'll make the current cut for this run though."

Kodius says, "A lot of it relies on enchanting."

Kodius says, "Which I've not done yet."

You loudly say, "I would absolutely love to see something like a berserk that applies a increasing resist the more items you destroy items while under it."

Kodius laughs!

You loudly say, "Lets see..."

You loudly say, "I guess that's it."

Kodius nods.

Magdar is next.

Magdar asks, "My questons are on whirlwind and dervish. Will there be 2 different abilities? With a 1 handed weapon in each hand I get to hit up to 8 times. With 2 handed weapon only 4. How

aboutg letting 4 critters advance to melee and 4 to pole?"

Magdar says, "And how about whrl/dervish for brawling with all the brawing weapons."

Kodius says, "So, choosing the dervish maneuver will upgrade your whirlwind. It'll make your whirl do knockdown/stun if completely successful."

Kodius says, "I can see about making it work with brawling."

Magdar asks, "And for pole ranged wepons?"

Magdar asks, "If not more critters, more attacks?"

Drexella says, "I'd love to whirlwind brawling even if it didn't do much."

Kodius nods.

Kodius says, "Very possible."

Magdar says, "Thanks and once commnet.. we are the only weapon/parry primary guild. We should share in any perks for our primary skill set."

Magdar says, "Parry at ranged for instance."

Kodius nods.

Kodius says, "I'm thinking that may be possible."

Kodius says, "Just need to clear it with the GMs working on the new stuff for a particular Guild."

Kodius nods.

Magdar says, "OK and I may have missed your comment on pole ranged whirl."

Magdar says, "Could you repeat."

Kodius says, "Oh, I anticipate it still hitting things at Pole range. This will be more meaningful if I ever get to rewrite engagement so stuff sits at pole range for longer when advancing."

Magdar says, "I want the old 8 hits with my pole ranged weaposn."

Kodius says, "Maybe a maneuver that makes WHIRLWIND stop foes from advancing for 10 seconds or something."
Magdar says, "Nice."

Kodius says, "The problem is a lot of that type of stuff ends up being 5-6 weeks of effort to code."

Kodius sighs.

Kodius says, "So we'll have to see."

Kodius says, "Engagemnt effects are nasty."

Buuwl is next.

Buuwl asks, "How do you see our magic skillset scaling moving forward, I feel like our grandfathering was done and we were left a little low in ranks, is this affecting our effectiveness? also can

we have a special barbarian hump verb to make sure the cute elves in the inn know they were just with a true barbarian?"

Kodius laughs!

Kodius says, "You'll have to train your magics harder to keep them moving in line with your Primary skillsets, just like other Magic Tert Guilds."

Kodius says, "Thieves and traders will be/are in the same boat."

Kodius says, "The mastery maneuvers may help you some."

Buuwl says, "I just feel like we're sooo low compared to other guilds, im 165th and have 500 ranks in warding."

Kodius says, "Your abilities were designed with this in mind."

Buuwl says, "Well how will that scale when i train it up to 1000."

Kodius says, "You are always assumed to be using Supernatural powers stanced for potency."

Kodius says, "So you cap potency before duration."

Kodius says, "At 1000 you'll just get longer durations."

Buuwl says, "Ok."

Kodius says, "Which is still really nice."

Buuwl asks, "So when do you cap potency?"

Kodius says, "It varies from ability to ability."

Guaranzo asks, "Can we get a list?"

Kodius says, "It is usually betweeen 50-66% of the cap."

Kodius says, "Maybe after the refresh."

Kodius nods.

Kodius says, "But no I won't give specific numbers, just general ranges."

Guaranzo asks, "Give or take 10 ranks?"

Kodius chuckles.

Telutci says, "Discern turtle."

Kodius nods to Telutci.

Guaranzo is next.

Guaranzo asks, "What exactly will expertise do, how will it do it, and how does this benefit the Barbarian guild, as our guild specific ability?"

Kodius says, "I still want Expertise to be partially tied to new, Barbarian-only combos and special attacks."

Kodius says, "In 6 months nothing "better" or more interesting has presented itself as an option.;."

Guaranzo says, "I dont know what that means."

Guaranzo asks, "What barbarian only combos and special attacks?"

Kodius says, "So you ANALYZE yourself and learn that to gain an advantage in combat you need to do moves X, Y and Z."

Kodius says, "You do them, you get a large bonus for 20 seconds."

Shanken asks, "How does that work for say someone who is crossbow prime?"

Guaranzo asks, "Is that also how you intend for us to train it?"

Shanken asks, "Have to spend 1 min shooting someone 3 times?"

Kodius says, "Crossbows will have to hit specific body locations."

Shanken says, "Ouch."

Collain says to Kodius, "That's incredibly hard, you know."

Kodius asks, "Well, what other ideas do folks have?"

Kodius asks, "For crossbow users?"

Telutci says, "Hitting body locations at level on demand isnt possible so much."

Kodius asks, "Reduced load times might be possible, but how does that train a skill?"

Kodius asks, "What if hitting a body part didn't require more skill?"

Guaranzo says, "Dual load applied to crossbows."

Collain asks, "Same way aiming trains crossbow?"

You loudly say, "Sounds like expertise should reduce the penalties for attacking a body part."

Kodius asks, "Still, dual load a crossbow. How does that train a skill?"

Shanken asks, "What about shooting crossbows from both hands, or dual loading crossbows?"

Telutci says, "If i could call shots on a body parts by choice, it would be reasonable."

Guaranzo asks, "Experience is based off hits, yes?"

Barzella says, "I've found that analyze to learn tactics has one sort of disadvantage, i don't always get the tactics exp beacuse i kill the critter involved with the 1st or 2nd move before i finish the

combination."

Kodius says, "Expertise can only be trained if there is a difficulty contest involved."

Kodius says, "I don't know what we'd use to "scale" the difficulty of loading a bow."

Guaranzo says, "If hitting a specific body part wasnt more difficult, that might be something."

Kodius says, "Now, ranged users WILL get some new attacks."

Kodius says, "Volley, pinning shot, that sort of thing."

Kodius says, "Rangers would likely get any of the ranged maneuvers too."

Kodius says, "We can share."

Kodius asks, "Crossbows may only need 1 hit for the combo to be successfull, wheras shortbow needs 3?"

Guaranzo says, "I would also like to see more diversity in throwing weapons."

Guaranzo says, "Like aiming them."

Kodius says, "I think gamewide we'll add a TOSS and HURL for thrown."

Kodius says, "So you'll get new combos, new maneuvers, and maybe some secondary benefits from it."

Kodius says, "If I can't figure out enough skill challenges t allow you to train the skill, then the skill can't exist."

Kodius says, "So that is where combos seemed like a good fit."

<insert a ton of suggestions>

You loudly say, "It sounds like these suggestions might work better posted on the forums."

You loudly say, "Wink wink."

Guaranzo says, "Forum posts get derailed by trolls."

Guaranzo says, "With impunity."

You loudly say, "I will promise to cull the posts into a suggestion list for easy reading on Elanthipedia."

Kodius says, "Especially since Barbarians felt a bit left out with Tactics being a tert skill."

Tweedee says, "Yea."

Tweedee says, "Thats crap."

Tweedee asks, "I can throw a greatsword threw your face but i cant shove your around?"

Kodius says, "Perhaps, but maybe you can suplex someone."

Kodius says, "The power of Weave, alas."

Kodius says, "Weave is a massive defensive penalty. If Lore Primes aren't using it, maybe they need to go weave baskets or something."

Klurn is next.

Klurn asks, "Is there a possibility of a skinning boost similar to the box boost we get with Med Focus? Maybe even added to med focus giving it a in battle use as well?"

Kodius says, "I had to choose between boxes or skinning."

Kodius says, "The Guild cannot get them both I'm afraid."

Kodius says, "It just came out that way. Flipped a coin."

Drexella is next.

Drexella says, "So I get that we can only choose one path and that to get the feats and/or special abilities of that path but what isn't clear is if you can choose any abilities of a different path and

if one single path will have enough slots to fill all that we'll get."

Kodius says, "Well, choosing a Path will open up a few maneuvers that only they can learn."

Kodius says, "But there will be many maneuvers available to everyone."

Guaranzo asks, "Can we change paths once we pick one?"

Kodius says, "Maybe when I get around to writing a method for doing it."

Kodius says, "Its just a lot of time to code up such things."

Drexella asks, "Okay but if we choose one path are we cut off from abilities from other paths?"

Kodius says, "No."

Drexella says, "Okay."

Kodius says, "Paths are enhancements, not penalties."

Drexella says, "That's a little clearer, thanks."

Kodius says, "No problem."

Kodius smiles at Drexella.

Hammerfist is next.

Hammerfist says, "Heck all i wanted was pure numbers on what buffs get you and you pretty much said you would not give them."

Hammerfist shrugs.

Kodius asks, "You mean like +X ranks?"

Hammerfist says, "Yes."

Kodius says, "Ahh. Well they follow global caps."

Kodius says, "But no I can't give specific numbers."

Hammerfist asks, "Like can i stack my evasion to 200 ranks above what i have like thieves can?"

Kodius sighs.

Kodius says, "Thief abilities are being rewritten."

Hammerfist snorts, loudly.

Kodius says, "So I don't know what they do now but they won't for long."

Kodius shrugs.

Hammerfist says, "That was just an example."

Kodius says, "+200 ranks might be violating global caps, if so it needs to be brought back in line."

Kodius says, "Unbalance is unbalance."

Hammerfist says, "Was just wondering how i now what does what numbers wise is all."

Kodius says, "But they'll be getting fun things to compensate."

Kodius says, "I don't think we KNOW what all they bonus now."

Kodius says, "Which is half the goddang problem."

Hammerfist nods.

Hammerfist says, "That was all."

Shanken asks, "I think what he means, is like right now our roars are really weak. Because debilitation. Will there stuns/knock outs and such be based on debilitation?"

Kodius says, "They will."

Kodius says, "As far as I understand."

Kodius says, "And your roars shouldn't be horrible weak versus players. We probably need to look at that."

Shanken says, "Yeah i cant shriek many people at all that i pvp againsty."

Kodius asks, "Single-targeting them?"

Shanken says, "Yeah."

Tweedee says, "At least not to the effect its advertised."

Shanken says, "I think its just the harder roars are maybe to hard."

Kodius says, "Some of that could be the skill ranks, but some of it is your stats."

Kodius says, "Well, when I circle back around I'll do some testing."

Shanken says, "Alright."

Kodius asks, "Any other concerns?"

Kodius says, "I'm running out of energy myself."

Squanto asks, "What about the dynamic stancing, Kodius?"

Kodius says to Squanto, "Still in the works."

Barzella asks, "Is there going to be more lore-fu to flesh out the history of the guild and stuff?"

Kodius says, "Yes, I still have plans to make a Barbarian meditation tent with items to meditate on to learn about the Guild."

I had to leave at that point, so I may have missed some.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html