Meeting Log (long) 07/03/2012 10:39 PM CDT
Jaedren says, "Honestly, keeping the meeting unsilenced would make it last sixteen thousand hours longer than it should."
Kodius says, "I wanted to get everyone together so we could all get on the same page regarding the new Barbarian Guild changes."
Kodius nods to Jaedren.
Kodius says, "Like...the others."
Kodius chuckles.
Kodius says, "Some of you have already had the honor of testing the new system over in Test, and have been posting some feedback and sneak peeks on the forums for others to see."
Kodius says, "To recap, I've rewritten pretty much the whole Guild from scratch mechanically and have redefined all the abilities you'll have access to."
Kodius says, "Abilities will take on 4 types, Forms, Meditations, Berserks and Roars."
Jaedren says, "I'll still call them dances. I don't care."
Kodius says, "Heh."

Kodius says, "Roars really have not changed very much. They now use the new mechanics for success and durations, and some have changed what they do a bit. But your voice level is still

there, and they now have a little round time and use a little inner fire to activate."
Kodius says, "Roars can now be targeted at an individual, at what you are facing, at everything engaged with you, and via a feat, at everything in the room like you are used to doing now."
Jaedren says, "Oh, a use for Cnyr's fanciful whiskey? Locally sourced from a handy bootlegger's crate? Sweet."
Kodius says, "Yup, all updated and working."
(Yes, that was totally just to tease Malkien.)

Kodius says, "As for skills, Barbarians will now have a new Supernatural skillset, with the Inner Fire, Augmentation, Debilitation and Warding skills available."
Kodius says, "Roars will use Debilitation for affecting the chance of success."
Kodius says, "Forms are Dances reinvisioned."
Jaedren says, "Now requiring toebells to activate."
Jaedren says, "(Ok, not really on the toebells.)."

Kodius says, "Inner Fire works a bit differently now to accomodate their new mechanics."
Kodius says, "Everyone has the same amount of inner fire, and everyone can passively regenerate 1/3rd of it."
Kodius says, "Killing things lets you fill the remainder."
Kodius says, "Each form you enact reduces your passive limit, and when none is remaining, you can stack no more forms."
Kodius says, "Inner Fire skill reduces how much this cap is affected, allowing you to stack more forms and be a more effective Barbarian."

Kodius says, "Lastly, stats no longer penalize your abilities."
Jaedren says, "So, less dancing and more killing."

Kodius says, "Berserks have changed in a few interesting ways."
Kodius says, "They can now be stacked with Forms, and I've removed all the horrible side effects."
Jaedren says, "Jerkface removed my horr.. what he said."
Kodius says, "Hah."
Kodius says, "To compensate for this, they generally bonus one thing very strongly, and are not quite as versatile."
Kodius says, "Berserks use a moderate amount of IF to engage, and a small amount every so often to maintain, much like they do now."
Jaedren says, "At least we got SOMETHING right back then."

Kodius says, "Meditations come next. These are generally intended for use out of combat. Most require sitting, and benefit from having good chakrel on you."
Kodius says, "These use a large amount of IF to engage, but have no upkeep cost."
Jaedren says, "Which is nice."
Kodius says, "We've included some fun things you've asked for here. Blood Staunch, a contingency maneuver, and so on."

Kodius says, "So that's it, 4 types of abilities."
Jaedren says, "Start meditation, burn use on lizard charm, stack forms, burn lizard charm, eat faces..."
Kodius ponders.
Kodius says, "Note to self - remove lizard charm..."
Kodius clears his throat.
Jaedren chuckles.

Kodius says, "New to the Guild are 3 Paths where these abilities are organized."
Kodius says, "We've got the Horde, Predator and Flame paths. Generally the Horde is offensive in nature, the Predator is stealthy and the seekers of Inner fire are more utility and anti

magical."
Kodius says, "Every other circle you'll earn a training slot that can be spent towards learning abilities from any path."
Kodius says, "Many abilities have a pre-req number of other abilities you must know in that Path to learn, so it helps if you specialize."

Kodius says, "Let's see... what else."
Kodius says, "Oh yes, I've added a bunch of helpful syntax and other things for you. The Guildleaders can all be STUDYied, and there are signs in each Guild with all the abilities listed out."
Kodius says, "No more hunting around on an out of date website for stats."
Kodius says, "Just trying to make it easy on everyone. We realize that going from DANCE DRAGON...all powerful... to having to pick and choose and selectively enable abilities will be a big

change."
Kodius says, "Anyhow, let's open up the question list and get started."
Kodius says, "I'm sure more will come out of that than anything."

Vinjince is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Vinjince and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Vinjince clears his throat.
Jaedren says, "Now you beat Vinj.. oh. I guess that works too."
Vinjince says, "Thanks all for the meeting."
Kodius snickers.
Vinjince says, "I want a locate ability better than Moon Mages. You can tell Armifer if he has a problem come see me."
Kodius asks, "Hrmph. Sure, folks can locate you by your unwashed stench. Sound good?"
Kodius ducks his head.
Jaedren says, "We could totally get you SM."
Jaedren nods to Vinjince.
Vinjince says, "I'd love it."
Jaedren says, "SHIFT MEDITATION."
Vinjince laughs!

Vinjince says, "I can't think of much right now other than..."
Kodius nods.
Vinjince asks, "We're getting something to boost thrown weapons, right?"
Jaedren says, "Sure, you get a laugh at the unwashed masses joke. I get ridiculed for making Belch."
Kodius says, "Nothing really planned for that right now, but you'll at least be able to hide from locates with some of your abilities I believe."
Kodius rolls his eyes.
Kodius says, "Thrown, yes. Weapons in general should be a big area of expansion."
Vinjince says, "It actually makes more sense for something to boost thrown weapons over bow, in all honesty."
Vinjince nods.
Kodius says, "Once I get deeper into Combat I'm going to see how best to add the Expertise spinoff I want."
Jaedren asks, "Out of curiosity, how does it make more sense?"
Kodius says, "Where you choose a weapon type, specialize in it for a bunch of slot picks, and then get new things you can do with it."
Kodius says, "Yeah, I don't understand that one."
Vinjince says, "I said that because I thought he first statement was responding to my question about throwns."
Vinjince says, "His, rather."
Jaedren exclaims, "Ok!"
Kodius says, "Folks don't like thrown because you can't get an AIM bonus on it."
Kodius shrugs.
Kodius says, "What you do get, is gattling knives of doom."
Vinjince nods.
Vinjince says, "I'm done."
Kodius nods.
Vinjince says, "For now."
Jaedren says, "Ranged is dumb, anyway."

Klurn is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Klurn and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Klurn says, "Ok i have always played by rp choices a melee fighter. Saying thati assume i choose the Horde path. How are toe to toe melee fighter with a smidge of the magic resistance path

thrown in comparing? I always saw myself as the Conan type basic barb hope i'll be be the one to just go in hacking and slashing which i love and be viable. Like your views on where we

melee fighters stand."
Jaedren hates ranged combat.
Kodius nods.
Klurn pants.
Jaedren says, "Wear plate and stab people."
Jaedren nods to Klurn.
Kilasa nods at Klurn, obviously agreeing with his views.
Kodius says, "Melee fighters will still be very potent. The Horde has many offensive-minded abilities, and you'd do well to throw up some forms then zerk at people."
Klurn looks at Jaedren and drools.
Kodius says, "Plate will no longer penalize your forms, which should help everyone substantially...."
Jaedren says, "He says this ten years after I dropped plate as my primary armor."
Klurn nods at Jaedren, obviously agreeing with his views.
Kodius says, "My hope for you really choosing your "type" of fighter will come with Expertise."
Klurn says, "I been so beat up by stealth folks."
Klurn says, "And ranged."
Kodius says, "Been tossing around some ideas for the Brawler, the Dervish, the Mercenary... you pay slots to get one of these expertise areas and gain some fluff and offensive stuff from it."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "In general Combat will help address some of that."
Klurn says, "I wanna wade in and make blood spray all over the realms."
Jaedren says, "That's gross. You're gross."
Klurn says, "And you love it."
Kilasa nods at Klurn, obviously agreeing with his views.
Kodius says, "Once retreating is made more difficult and you cna actually reach melee, I'm sure you'll feel the power."
Klurn snickers at Jaedren.
Kodius asks, "All set?"
Klurn nods to Kodius.

Malkien is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Malkien and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Malkien asks, "Any plans for player-made chakrel at some point?"
Kodius says, "Definately."
Malkien says, "Sweet."
Jaedren says, "Man, you people want to make everything. I already don't have enough junk to auction."
Malkien begins chortling at Jaedren.
Kodius says, "Chakrel will now have a higher quality, which is infused."
Kodius says, "Chakrel carving and infusing will be its own set of mechanics once I get around to writing it."
Malkien asks, "Will be stonecarving?"
Kodius says, "That is what it is looking like."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "At least the carving portion. Infusing may be more Barbarian-centric."
Malkien asks, "This is more a combat 3.0, but going off of Klurn's question, any plans to give pole range some significance?"
Jaedren asks Kodius, "Did I mention that when I made chakrel, I lored it from the center of an active volcanos liquid hot magma?"
Kodius exclaims, "Hmmm, quest idea!"
Kodius says, "Gotta dive into that volcano to infuse it."
Kodius nods to Jaedren.
Kilasa giggles.
Kodius says, "As for Pole range, yes we have plans to help address the lack of maneuverability there."
Malkien ponders.
Kodius says, "Don't want to talk about them too much as I'm not sure it will make the first 3.0 cut."
Malkien asks, "Serenity is a meditation, yes? Does it require sitting to activate?"
Kodius says, "An example would be singling out an enemy to actively try and keep at pole range provided you have a pole range weapon."
Malkien drools.
Kodius says, "Yes, if you lack the feat that removes the need for sitting when meditating."
Kodius says, "Feats are not currently in Test yet in case anyone was wondering."
Kodius says, "But they are coming shortly."
Jaedren says, "That should totally be weight dependant on the weapon, plus strength of pole wielder."
Jaedren nods to Kodius.
Jaedren says, "TAKE THAT NON-TOGS AND LIGHT SPEAR CHUCKERS."
Kodius asks, "All done?"
Malkien says, "That's all I got for now, thanks a lot. Besides more cnyr's in the booze crate. I GOT EIGHT AND STILL NO BOOZE JAEDREN."
Kodius says, "Hah."

Silvwyn is next.

Jaedren says, "Haha."
Kodius points a speaker's staff at Silvwyn and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.
Jaedren says, "I think Powerhaus is hoarding them all."
Silvwyn says, "Hiya."
Silvwyn says, "So, my question is about masteries."
Silvwyn asks, "How are they currently being figured, and are you dead set on making them one of our hard reqs?"
Kodius says, "Mastery of a weapon would be chosen as a circle-perk, and provide a variety of roleplay verbs and options when holding that type of weapon. A quest would likely be given to

rechoose it from time to time."
Jaedren says, "I have no idea on the figuring portion, actually."
Jaedren ponders.
Silvwyn says, "Oh, I meant the melee and missile mastery skills."
Kodius says, "Oohhh."
Jaedren says, "I think she means Melee."
Kodius says, "Haha, sorry."
Jaedren says, "Yeah, those."
Silvwyn nods.
Silvwyn says, "I forgot about the chosen weapon bit."
Kodius asks, "If you have 1000 in melee mastery, and 100 in small edge... You have some amount of small edge in between 100 and 1000?"
Kodius ducks his head.
Kodius says, "I haven't calculated that out yet and added it to my notes. Been focusing on the major areas of combat the past few weeks."
Kodius says, "You might inquire in the skills folder to see if Socharis can elaborate more."
Kodius says, "It should be a nice bonus though, more than capable of alleviating your backtraining needs."
Jaedren asks, "And really, a hard req in those shouldn't hurt you any. IIRC you'll learn em as you fight with whatever else weapon, yeah?"
Silvwyn says, "I'm mostly curious because last time I was in test, it looked like missile mastery averaged ALL ranged. And if we're going to be required to keep at least one mastery on par

with our primary weapons, that's really going to hurt the dabblers."
Kodius says, "Yup."
Klurn nods.
Kodius says, "Using any ranged weapon will teach Missile Mastery,yes."
Jaedren says, "YOu'll get bumped to circle reqs."
Jaedren nods to Silvwyn.
Kodius asks, "I don't understand what you mean by averaged?"
Jaedren says, "And then dabbling should keep you up."
Kodius says, "Oh yes, and everyone will be able to circle. You won't get left behind in the conversion."
Jaedren says, "IF I'm understanding the concern, that is."
Kodius says, "Even if you would normally be left with ranks less than what you'd have for circle, you should still get bumped up to min circle requirements."
The last few clouds drift away to reveal a sky full of twinkling stars.
Kodius says, "That may end up stealing from your overflow pool that is created by other skills, or create a deficit pool (not sure on the terminology these days so please don't shoot me)."
Kodius asks, "Does that make things as clear as mud?"
Silvwyn says, "Only partly."
Kodius says, "The thing to take away is, dabblers won't suddenly have to make up 100s of ranks to circle."
Kodius says, "Continued circling will be possible even if you only train one or two ranged weapons."
Jaedren says, "In fact, dabblers will have to worry about the masteries less than those that focus."
Silvwyn says, "I'm just confused on how. If it's averaging everything, the skills the mastery is -based- on would still be low."
Kodius says, "As with anything I'm sure tweaking will occur if problems start to pop up."
Kodius says, "We'd FORCE it to min circle requirements, even if you wouldn't normally have enough."
Jaedren says, "But it doesn't continue to average for circle reqs."
Kodius says, "That too."
Jaedren says, "That's just to get where you would logically be."
Silvwyn says, "Ah."
Jaedren says, "And then all your ranged attacks to fill the ranged mastery skill."
Silvwyn says, "That makes more sense then."
Silvwyn says, "Thank you."
Kodius nods.

Ticatha is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Ticatha and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.
Ticatha asks, "Is the killing-based 2/3rds of inner fire going to decay?"
Jaedren squints at Ticatha.
Ticatha says, "Like devotion and such does now."
Kodius says, "Yes, it will slowly decay. There will probably be a feat that reduces the speed of the decay."
Jaedren says, "We're all about the feets."
Kodius chuckles.
Ticatha exclaims, "That's sad to hear. But yep, all I had!"
Kodius says, "Really, you'll have too many options and will have to think hard about where to spend your slots."
Kodius says, "The flip side to that is if you die you won't be useless for an hour."
Kodius says, "Also, if you run out of inner fire you won't fall over like a broken zombie."
Kodius shrugs.
Ticatha exclaims, "Oh, there's that then!"
Kodius says, "PvP skills should give inner fire."
Jaedren says, "Unless you're Caraamon. But that's hardcoded in."

Achil is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Achil and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Achil says, "'first question is about grandfathering of skills."
Achil asks, "Will we be allowed to circle post 150 to allow the grandfathering of skills such as IF?"
Kodius says, "Circling past 150th is planned."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "Specifically to elleviate grandfathering concerns."
Kodius says, "Err, can't talk tonight."
Achil asks, "I'm saying can i circle to 200 before the grandfathing of IF ranks or is IF instituted first to 150, then required to train it to 200?"
Kodius says, "If I understood correctly, you'll circle to 200 now in the old system. Then post-3.0 it will take your circle into account for the purposes of grandfathering."
Achil says, "Yes, asking that exactly."
Kodius says, "Not a perfect solution, but if you are an active player and can get in and circle you won't lose out."
Kodius asks, "You had a second question?"
Achil says, "Also, chakral items were mentioned, i like the idea of player made."
Kodius nods.
Achil says, "You also mention infused which made me think."
Achil says, "I like being a one man army, but in the spirit of the game you should contact all guilds."
Achil asks, "Infusing chakrel to me sounds like a cleric thing possibly look into it?"
Kodius says, "I've not decided how restrictive that might be."
Kodius says, "It may be other Guilds could do it, with a penalty."
Achil says, "Right, just like forging, but some guilds may be better at it."
Kodius says, "We'll release more info once it is decided upon."
Achil says, "One more thing."
Achil says, "Lol at Jaerdren for saying light spear chucker, that is all, thx."
Kodius says, "Hah."

Caraamon is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at you and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before you.
You loudly say, "So, first question."
Jaedren hates light weapons and all you wusses that use them. TRAIN STRENGTH.
You loudly ask, "Where's my forging boosting meditation?"
Jaedren looks amused at something. Gorteous looks like he's getting frustrated.
Kodius chuckles.
Kodius says, "Not a lore Guild, sorry..."
You glare.
You loudly say, "Wrong answer, try again."
You nod.
You mutter to yourself.
You loudly say, "On a more serious note."
Kodius says, "I try to fight the battles I know we have a chance of winning."
Jaedren says, "Dearest Caraamon, you did not join the smith's guild. Please re-submit your application at the nearest Trader Outpost. With thanks..."
You loudly say, "Like the Traders know a good weapon. They wouldn't know a good weapon if I hit them with one."
You loudly say, "Which I've done."
You loudly say, "Several times."
You loudly say, "And they didn't know it."
Kodius says, "Heh."
Ikiko laughs!
Kilasa laughs!
Kodius asks, "Anything else?"
You loudly ask, "How much of a event is this change over going to be? Will we see a IC reason for these or will this be our little secret?"
Kodius says, "There will be some events tied to the changeover. I'm struggling to finish mechanics so I've not really focused on the guildleader interactions that will lead up to things."
Jaedren says, "When you log in, those Togs that whooped you when you joined the guild will club you over the head."
Kodius says, "Yes, much clubbing."
You loudly say, "I could take em now."
Kodius says, "I will say that some of the supporting NPCs will take a bit longer to get updated and online."
Jaedren says, "And then Mo will cast DISPELL MEMORY on you..."
You loudly say, "Already has in test."
You loudly say, "Ow."
Kodius says, "Messaging and interaction stuff is always trickier. Also coming shortly after 3.0 should be that Barbarian history project we talked bout on the forums a while back."
Jaedren says, "And then Agonar does some Sean Connery stuff, like drinks bourbon and plays canasta..."
You nod.
Kodius asks, "All done?"
You loudly say, "Nope."
Kodius says, "K, one more."
You loudly say, "I do have one major concern with the system, and I suspect it's not something that you can answer yet."
You loudly say, "I have to admit, I'm worried about the separation between the melee/ranged masteries and expertise."
Kodius asks, "Could you elaborate on that a bit more?"
Jaedren says, "It's like they know Socharis isn't here or something."
Jaedren chuckles at Kodius.
Kodius rubs his forehead.
You loudly say, "It seems like the skills overlap a great deal. It also seems like a great many abilities could work off either skill."
You loudly say, "If a bunch of abilities get tossed in master so everyone can use them, what's the point of expertise? and vice versa."
Kodius says, "Expertise is unique to Barbarians."
You loudly ask, "And if we get both... again what's the point?"
Kodius says, "It won't bonus your weapon skill directly."
Kodius says, "It may allow you to CLOBBER with your hammer, which is a new attack designed to stun and knockback enemies."
Jaedren says, "HULK SMASH."
Kilasa laughs!
Kodius says, "It may also give you a % chance to perform a finishing move when killing something with a targeted attack."
Kodius says, "Cut off both arms, both legs, then split the head down the middle."
You loudly say, "Hmmm. Interesting."
Kodius says, "Which is fluff, and gives more inner fire."
Kodius says, "That is the plan, how addable to Combat it ends up being...we'll see."
Jaedren exclaims, "Or shoot a thinger out of your palm that grabs people and drags them to you when you yell, "C'mere!"
Kodius says, "Exactly."
Kilasa laughs at Jaedren.
You loudly say, "I guess in the end I'm just worried whether there's enough ability possibilites for both skills without gimping one or the other."
Kodius says, "Well, the masteries are defined. They are what they are - a means to assist backtraining."
Kodius says, "Expertise is more the skill that enables unique maneuvers."
You loudly say, "It was also mentioned that they could be used as a means of determining general weapon mastery for some abilities."
Kodius says, "We'll have to see once we get further along with it."
Kodius says, "Expertise may also have other effects, not as apparent."
You loudly say, "Like I said, it sounds like neither is far enough along to be able to comment, and I appreciate that. Just thought I'd air my concern."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "We'll keep it in mind."
You loudly say, "Especially with the way skills have been combined to avoid that."
You loudly say, "Okay, I'm done for this round."
Kodius says, "With mages they can like..summon things with their special skills. Like..big rats and stuff."
Kodius says, "I'd like our Guild skill to have more well-roundedness to it."
Kodius shrugs.
You nod.
Kodius says, "Maybe Expertise helps you smite said rat."

Collain is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Collain and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Collain says, "For starters: I need you to ignore Vinjince's biased opinions on the merits of thrown weapons and accept that my biased opinions on the merits of bows and crossbows are more

valid. That aside..."
Kodius says, "Hah."
Collain says, "I have an actual legitimate concern."
Collain says, "With respect to the rather small allotment of magic ranks we'll be getting and the fact that roars will be tied to a skill..."
Collain asks, "Will we have to backtrain it?"
Kodius says, "Nope, no backtraining should be required."
Collain asks, "Or can we expect them to work on, say, Intercessors with 170 ranks?"
Kodius says, "With minimal effect, sure."
Collain says, "Okay, that was my one real big handwring. Now I want stuff."
Kodius says, "The basic roars will train to a few hundred ranks, and generally will be hard to completely resist. that being said, the potency of the effect might not be as noticeable."
Collain nods to Kodius.
Collain says, "That's great news."
Kodius laughs!
Collain asks, "Can Barbarians get kung fu?"
Collain says, "Mostly just to annoy Jaedren."
Collain says, "Via Expertise, I mean."
Kodius says, "When I mentioned Brawler and Dervish earlier.. Monk also came to mind."
Kodius nods.
Kodius exclaims, "Staff master!"
Jaedren says, "Gawr. Kung fu is for the girlies over in the thieves guild, or Leilond."
Collain says, "Night Guard."
Kodius says, "Heh."
Collain shakes his fist!
Kodius says, "Alright, moving on."

Vinjince is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Vinjince and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Vinjince asks, "Could you explain a little more how our inner fire will work right after death?"
Kodius says, "Inner fire actually regens very quickly now."
Vinjince asks, "Will we reach 1/3rd instantly, or will it just regen fast?"
Kodius says, "Only, capped at 1/3rd your pool."
Kodius says, "I think it takes a couple of minutes to hit 1/3rd."
Kodius says, "Much better than before."
Vinjince nods in agreement.
Jaedren says, "Couple of minutes? WTH! THAT"S FOREVER."
Kodius says, "Not to mention some ways might exist to refil it to 1/3rd instantly."
Kodius says, "Hah."
Vinjince says, "Also..."
Vinjince asks, "Could you explain how well we'll be able to use our abilities with 900 in inner fire, rather than just 320 grandfathered ranks?"
Vinjince says, "I guess I'm having a hard time imagining the big difference."
Vinjince asks, "Would we be able to reach full inner fire faster?"
Kodius says, "So with 320 inner fire, you can probably stack 5 forms and not have any inner fire passively regenning."
Kodius says, "You could still kill things and get to full, but passively you'd be tapped."
Kodius says, "Similarly, meditations, berserks and roars will cost more to use."
Vinjince nods.
Kodius says, "With 900 inner fire, you'd have maybe 1/6th your pool regen passively, and all your other abilities would use less juice to activate."
Kilasa nods.
Vinjince says, "Ahh."
Vinjince asks, "And did you mention we would gain inner fire from PvP kills?"
Kodius says, "Yes."
Vinjince says, "Cool."
Kodius says, "A decent amount, based on their circle compared to your own."
Collain adds his name to the speaker's list.
Vinjince says, "Last question..."
Vinjince asks, "How will the Sacrifice meditation work exactly?"
Kodius says, "You meditate ahead of time and it goes into effect on you."
Jaedren says, "First, you send me a care package with girl scout cookies..."
Jaedren looks amused at something. Klurn looks like he's getting frustrated.
Vinjince says, "I guess we'll just have to see."
Vinjince says, "I'm excited, thanks."
Kodius says, "If you die, you pop up instantly with 1/3rd IF refilled, are immune to damage for a few seconds, are blood staunched for a few seconds, and are healed just enough so you aren't

dead."
Vinjince says, "Awesome."
Jaedren says, "And then arrested as a necromancer, cause that's just wrong, man."
Kodius says, "Generally its a time to either try and kill whatever was killing you and then die gloriously."
Vinjince laughs!
Kodius says, "Or run like a coward and die."
Vinjince says, "I always wanted special abilities."
Vinjince says, "Without having to use mana/magic."
Kodius says, "Heh."
Vinjince says, "Always thought the best Barbarians should be capable."
Vinjince says, "Like a yin and a yang, to magic."
Kodius exclaims, "You know every movie out there. Bad guy takes a sword through the chest...falls over. Then gets up for that one last attack!"
Vinjince nods.
Vinjince says, "That's it."
Kodius nods.

Gorteous is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Gorteous and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Gorteous says, "Yea, hey. Thanks for bringing this thing together. Two questions."
Kodius nods.
Gorteous asks, "Firstly, in what order will the masteries be grandfathered? Will they use our new skills after the combine post 150th, or before the combine?"
Kodius says, "Everything will take circles >150 into account from what I understand."
Gorteous says, "Well,."
Gorteous says, "What I mean is."
Kodius says, "The idea was to not penalize players that are exceptional."
Gorteous says, "In my case, brawling is my tert right now."
Gorteous says, "It gets bumped to secondary because of the light edges combine."
Kodius nods.
Gorteous says, "Will melee mastery take into account."
Kodius says, "I've had a few people rage about brawling. To be honest I've not been able to sync with Socharis and determine how that is handled for circle reqs and masteries."
Gorteous says, "Well, heres the thing."
Gorteous says, "Its almost 200 ranks below my second weapon."
Gorteous says, "I lose Light edge as a weapon."
Kodius nods.
Gorteous says, "So now I'm left with my brawling and my new 'small edge' skill."
Kodius says, "I believe they have a plan for dealing with that very thing."
Gorteous says, "Brawling gets grandfathered as second weapon to 150+."
Gorteous asks, "Does the melee mastery grandfathering happen before that, or after that?"
Kodius says, "Brawling would get bumped to circle-reqs regardless."
Kodius says, "So its not like yu'd have to backtrain."
Kodius says, "I'm really not sure where the mastery grandfathering enters at."
Gorteous scratches his head.
Gorteous says, "I see."
Kodius says, "How about this, I'll find out and post on the forums."
Kodius says, "No need to get worried just yet."
Gorteous nods politely.
Gorteous says, "That'd be great. I've asked, and everyopne seems to be in the dark about it."
Jaedren gazes at his button.
Jaedren sighs.
Kodius chuckles.
Kodius asks, "All done?"
Gorteous says, "On to my second question..."
Kodius says, "Ok."
Gorteous says, "Our new requirements."
Jaedren says to Kodius, "No time to use it. Gotta run."
Jaedren's head falls back as an ear-splitting screech emerges from his fleshless jaws. A minor tremor shakes the immediate area as a fissure opens underneath him. He falls into the

darkness apparently without concern. The tremor subsides as the fissure closes, swallowing Jaedren completely.
Gorteous asks, "We're going to be required 6 ranks in armor and evasion per circle. Doesn't seem like a lot, but the gap between primary and secondary gets much bigger post 150th. Is there

any reason why we're required 6 in those now?"
Gorteous says, "Moonmages for example, have a 6 rank astro requirment now. But they got that bumped up to primary status."
Gorteous says, "Just seems like Evasion and Armor will end up holding us back from circling more than Weapons."
Kodius says, "Well, unlike Astro you can train all of those simultaneously."
Kodius says, "They are also both helpful to your combat ability unlike some mage stuff that is fluffy at best."
Gorteous says, "Well."
Kodius says, "Some of the numbers were required to balance the fact we're combining many of our skillsets."
Gorteous says, "Primaries train faster than secondary, so evasion moves slower."
Gorteous says, "So at some point."
Kodius says, "True, but its 100x better than it was in the old exp system."
Gorteous says, "Evasion becomes our primary requirement for circling."
Kodius says, "You also tend to train multiple weapons to compensatre."
Gorteous says, "Hmm."
Kodius asks, "Is the complaint that defenses dont' train well past 600 ranks?"
Gorteous says, "Its not that. The pulse size of a secondary is always lower than that of a primary."
Gorteous says, "So."
Gorteous says, "If my evasion requirement caught up to weapon, and it most certainly will."
Gorteous says, "I'd be above the circlerequirements for weapon and under the requirements for evasion."
Gorteous says, "With both of them getting equal training time."
Gorteous says, "It just doesn't really seem fair that we're the only guild with those kind of secondary requirements."
Gorteous scratches his head.
Kodius says, "I'll have to talk with Socharis and see."
Kodius says, "There are worse things than having a secondary skill holding you back."
Gorteous nods politely.
Kodius says, "One option may be increasing the primary weapon to 7 per, and then reducing one of the secondaries to 5 per."
Vinjince nods to Kodius.
Vinjince nods to Kodius.
Gorteous asks, "Are there any creatures that would teach that high?"
Gorteous chortles softly at some secret joke.
Kodius says, "I'm working on the code to ensure there will be."
Kodius nods.
Gorteous nods.
Kodius says, "We'll have to see where things end up."
Gorteous nods politely.
Kodius says, "If we drop them both down to 5 you might be imbalanced versus other guilds."
Gorteous says, "Thats all I got. Thanks."
Gorteous says, "Well."
Kodius says, "Then we'd need to require more tert skills to circle."
Gorteous says, "Ah, I see."
Gorteous exclaims, "Terts are ok with me!"
Gorteous snickers.
Gorteous says, "Thanks."
Kodius nods.

Klurn is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Klurn and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Klurn says, "Thanks for having this first off. Someone asked my question... So my next question... Can you spar Jaedrin and whup him? I'm done.l."
Professor Gorteous went through a large stone archway.
Kodius laughs!
Kodius says, "I'm sure I could take him. Not so sure about that damn monkey though."
Kodius says, "Thing scares me."

Collain is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Collain and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Collain says, "Nobody beats Jaedren. He's sneakier than any thief."
Collain says, "Gort thrashed most of what I wanted to ask vis-a-vis requirements."
Collain says, "So...yeah."
Collain says, "The tertiary requirements could be higher without really killing us, though."
Collain shrugs.
Kodius says, "Maybe we can swap Parry (5) with Evasion (6)."
Kodius says, "Bump some terts up to 4, and bring Armor down to 5."
Kodius says, "We'll see."
Collain nods at Kodius, obviously agreeing with his views.

Caraamon is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at you and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before you.
Vinjince adds his name to the speaker's list.
You loudly say, "Hello again."
Vinjince went through a large stone archway.
Vinjince just wandered through a large stone archway leading to the seating area.
You loudly say, "So, I thought I'd toss this in before you finish coding."
You loudly say, "More of a "I want this" than a real question."
Kodius nods.
You loudly say, "One of the things that I've always felt lacking from this guild is something we can do that no one else can for events."
You scratch your head.
Kodius asks, "Gangwar?"
You loudly say, "It's kind of frustrating to show up to an event and only have fighting to offer, when everyone else can do that too, sometimes just as well."
Kodius asks, "Call all your drunken Tog buddies out to "play"?"
Kodius chuckles.
Kodius says, "That sounds a lot like Battlecries.."
You loudly say, "Nah, buffs aren't exactly unique."
Kodius says, "It is possible Expertise could be the opening into something "more". Just not sure what that is yet."
You loudly say, "I think I've mentioned it before on the forums, I just can never come up with any ideas as to what it should be."
You loudly ask, "So yeah, my half formed thoughts. Useful, eh?"
You loudly say, "Make it so."
Kodius asks, "Dismembering and running around wearing the body parts of your fallen enemies isn't unique enough?"
Collain adds his name to the speaker's list.
You loudly say, "Necromancers."
Kodius groans.
You cluck your tongue and shake your head.
Kodius says, "We'll see. Always options."
You loudly say, "Just thought I'd toss it out there, hopefully someone is more creative than I."
Kodius nods.
Kodius asks, "All done?"
You loudly say, "I suppose."

Achil is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Achil and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Achil says, "Building on what gorteous said, 7 ranks of primary weapon shouldn't be out of the question."
Kodius nods.
Achil says, "As long as there is a critter that teaches that high."
Achil says, "Even a second or third weapon."
Achil says, "Tert skills (lore) should be required more, if IF, forging, and other barb magic skills will be required at all."
Achil says, "Not as a hard req, but get to choose a first second third."
Kodius says, "Well, the Supernatural skills will be required."
Kodius says, "3 ranks of a Primary and Secondary IIRC."
Kodius says, "We might bump one up to 4."
Achil says, "At the higher levels maybe 4."
Achil nods.
Achil says, "Obviously barbarians will be forging weapons like mad, and should gain the forgins skill after the mech split."
Kodius chuckles.
Kodius says, "I'm just waiting to see how many of you try to enchant."
Kodius squints.
Achil says, "Also, is it possible to make IF a primary skill."
Kodius says, "It actually is not. Your primary skill set makes you very formidable verses another other Guild at-circle."
Achil asks, "Ever fought zihnj?"
Achil says, "Bleh."
Kodius says, "The penalty for this is harder to use, less effective, harder to train boost abilities."
Kodius says, "Now, I must admit the less effective doesn't apply much."
Kodius says, "Harder to use, eh, IF is a bit abstracted so alright."
Kodius says, "Harder to train must apply."
Achil says, "I'm just saying there is another guild below my weapon level that can wipe the floor with me."
Kodius asks, "Thieves stabbing you in the back?"
Achil says, "No, i can parry that mostly."
Achil says, "I'm referring to the ability to gain full aim at me while i'm hiding."
Kodius says, "Eh, ranged will be chaning a lot in the new combat system."
Kodius says, "I'd argue some patience is needed until that is all sorted out."
Dominator Komarov went through a large stone archway.
Kodius says, "I really want to see critters dying a little slower, players dying a heckuva lot slower so there is a use for debuffs and tactics in combat."
Kodius says, "No more dodging from room to room seeing who can hit/stun then finish off the other first."
Achil says, "Amen to that, stay in the same room and fight it out, nuff said, i'm done, thx."
Vinjince nods at Kodius, obviously agreeing with his views.
Achil says, "O wait."
Kodius says, "Heh."
Achil says, "Jaerden said spear chucker lol."
Achil says, "Thx."
Kodius groans.

Vinjince is next.

Vinjince says, "Didn't know I was on the list."
Vinjince says, "Go to Silvwyn."
Kodius says, "You guys all just need to come to the Con so we can discuss over beer."
Kodius says, "I'm much more open to new ideas then."
Kodius nods.
Kodius nods.
Vinjince laughs!

Silvwyn is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Silvwyn and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.
Silvwyn ponders.
Silvwyn says, "Oh. I almost forgot my question."
Silvwyn asks, "This has probably already been mentioned somewhere on the forums, but we're going to have less restrictions on us in the new system. Like gwethsmasher use, right?"
Silvwyn asks, "And maybe the same with hiders and other items. No more of the "You burn two charges because of barbarian might" stuff?"
Kodius says, "Barbarians will be able to learn Arcana. You'll have some serious RP penalties with the Guild for actually learning and using it..."
Kodius says, "I'm trying to keep the penalties to be less mechanically penalizing."
Kodius says, "And more roleplay oriented."
Kodius says, "So if you want to enchant as a Barbarian, fine..just be prepared to be made fun of about it by your guildleader."
Silvwyn nods.
Kodius says, "I'd also say that your anti magic abilities will likely not work if you have some magical item thing going on."
Kodius says, "But that kind of goes for the mages as well."
Silvwyn says, "But the other restrictions will be lifted? I never understood why we could use gweths but not the smashers for them."
Kodius says, "Perhaps, I can't say for 100% certain yet."
Kodius says, "That is the direction I'd like to head though."
Kodius says, "It may be a feat that you can pick, or something. Depends on how much give/take they ask for."
Kodius asks, "All done?"
Silvwyn says, "It would be neat having those things opened up to us. Like the wands in-game as well. The ones you can point to use. Should see if they can slip that in."
Silvwyn chortles softly at some secret joke.
Silvwyn says, "And yup. All done."

Collain is next.

Collain asks, "Drat. I guess that means allowing us to shoot from a room away via Expertise is off the table?"
Collain whistles a merry tune.
Kodius says, "Haha, yeah that won't happen."
Collain says, "I want to emphasize that more, more significant tertiary requirements would be welcome."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "I've added that to my recommendations."
Collain says, "Thanks. Thanks for listening."
Kodius says, "Depending on how it goes I'll open a discussion on the forums about it."

Dheese is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Dheese and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Dheese says, "Inner fire is dynamic now? More bits in the system as you gain in ranks, or however you wanna say it."
Kodius says, "Everyone has the same sized pool. The pool itself is ...100x larger I think, so more bits."
Dheese asks, "Pool doesn't grow with skill?"
Kodius says, "Inner fire skill reduces how much of the pool abilities use."
Dheese asks, "Ah, so that's where the skill comes in? Reduction of cost?"
Kodius says, "No, that introduced issues with trying to balance it fairly."
Kodius nods.
Dheese says, "Okay."
Kodius says, "Some ways may exist to increase its size, but they'll be limited in numbeer."
Kodius clears his throat.
Dheese asks, "When are we gonna have throwing blades-style HT? How many beers must I buy you at the con?"
Kodius says, "Haha."
Kodius says, "Baker's dozen."
Kodius says, "Double-throw is a likely option."
Dheese says, "And's how the stuff you were working on? The siege stuff, or the arena stuff... forgot the specifics of it, it sounded interesting. Like, combat formations."
Kodius says, "Something like the atlatl that allows for throwing of 2-3 things at once may also be an option."
Dheese says, "Ooo."
Kodius says, "The siege stuff got paused while I actually work on combat proper. I finished the unit mechanics and training and equipping them."
Kodius says, "Just need to wrap up the combat aspect of it."
Dheese says, "Alright, thanks. I'm good."
Kodius exclaims, "Its turning into a bit of a long term project aside from crafting. Very eager to get it out though!"

Caraamon is next.

You loudly ask, "We aren't going to see a return of spells cast at us sapping our inner fire are we?"
You loudly say, "That was always annoying."
Kodius says, "No."
You nod.
You loudly say, "Okay, and a suggestion."
You loudly say, "For the double throw thing, two weights separated by a chain. One hits, and the other spins around and hits."
Kodius chuckles.
Vinjince adds his name to the speaker's list.
Kodius asks, "Yeah yeah, new and forgeable right?"
You loudly say, "Yup."
Guaranzo snickers.
Kodius says, "Noted."
You loudly say, "Done."

Collain is next.

Collain says, "Hah so."
Collain asks, "How will dispelling work with our abilities?"
Collain says, "This is the dreaded question."
Collain says, "But I figure this is the right time to ask."
Kodius says, "I'm thinking dispel will just try to affect everything on you."
Kodius says, "Whoosh, everything gone that doesn't save."
Collain asks, "So it's not going to prioritize?"
Kodius says, "Nah, too easy to abuse."
Kodius says, "Someone snaps a spell on you to suck the dispel down."
Collain says, "I meant more "short duration vs long duration."
Kodius says, "Well, spells all have a integrity thing now."
Collain says, "But I can see the cut of your jib."
Kodius says, "That determines how easy / hard they are to dispel."
Kodius says, "If you succeed versus that, it vanishes."
Collain nods to Kodius.
Collain says, "I've been pinging Armifer about this stuff too."
Collain says, "It's sounding okay."
Kodius nods.
Collain asks, "Are we getting feats to help with that?"
Kodius says, "That is the option I like most."
Kodius says, "I'm not sure just yet."
Kodius says, "We're already up to quite a few."
Collain says, "And I assume "how does that interact with magic resistance" is still a bit of a shrug."
Kodius says, "With warhorn feats, roaring and roar mask feats, warpaint feats."
Kodius chuckles.
Collain says, "While warhorn feats sound fun..."
Kodius says, "Many of your special items will require a slot to get the full power out of. A concession for magic item usage being more accessible."
Collain says, "Honestly I'd invest in not having my abilities dispelled over that."
Kodius says, "I don't know of any plans to allow for the dispelling of barbarian abilities just yet."
Collain says to Kodius, "My understanding is that problem cuts both ways."
Kodius says, "Roars don't last long enough for it to mattewr."
Collain says, "For us and for magic users."
Collain says, "I've had my eye on the Moon Mage stuff too."
Collain winks at Kodius.
Kodius says, "Well, we are unable to roar down a moon mage buff."
Collain asks, "Under what conditions?"
Kodius says, "If a moon mage has seer's sense up, we can't dispel it on them."
Kodius says, "Our dispel is a self-dispel."
Kodius says, "Sorry if that wasn't apparent."
Collain says, "It was sort of opaque."
Collain asks, "No big deal. Is the trade-off that we get better resistance?"
Kodius says, "Well, if we allow Barbarians to roar-dispel enemies, then they have to be allowed to dispel our berserks, forms, meditations."
Kodius says, "Which is a can of worms I'd rather avoid."
Collain says, "I'm thinking specifically of Moon Mages with their three tiers, not Necros and the can of Worm's Mist."
Collain nods to Kodius.
Collain says, "No, I'm happy with that planned dynamic."
Collain says, "I just wasn't sure how it was going to work."
Kodius says, "As for Barriers, we have elemental and physical damage barriers, Save versus Agility barriers, a Potency and an Integrity barrier."
Collain asks, "So everything except will?"
Collain says, "Oh wait no you said integrity."
Collain says, "So...everything."
Collain asks, "Is that correct?"
Collain raises an eyebrow.
Kodius says, "Yeah, Integrity and Potency affect all magic."
Collain nods to Kodius.
Kodius says, "The contested barrier is only agility based attacks right now. Not stamina or will. (or whatever names they have, can't keep them straight)."
Collain says, "Okay, good news all around. Can't wait to dragonkick people."
Kodius says, "I didn't want the Guild to have a Fear barrier because that is kind of useless day to day."
Collain nods at Kodius, obviously agreeing with his views.
Kodius says, "Not having a will barrier might make you more vulnerable to say, Warcat calm..."
Collain snores.
Collain says, "Calm is a useless spell."
Kodius says, "Anyhow, we'll see how it goes."
Kodius says, "Useful for the finger wagglers."
Collain says, "Amusing, more like it."
Collain says, "It almost never lasts long in an actual fight."
Kodius asks, "Anyhow all, done?"
Collain nods to Kodius.

Dheese is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Dheese and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Dheese asks, "The roars that drain mana and affect spells being prepped still active or planned?"
Kodius says, "I'm going to have to head off soon, so last call on the list."
Dheese says, "They don't really work all that well as currently slotted."
Kodius says, "The magic skill penalty / prep interrupting roar is completed and working in test."
Kodius says, "The mana drain is not in yet, but should be very easy to write."
Kodius says, "Completed, not necessarily balanced in test."
Kodius says, "The interrupting seems to work reliably."
Dheese says, "Awesome, thanks."
Kodius says, "The skill penalty, well your mileage will vary. But that isn't its primary function."
Kodius says, "-X ranks to magic skill isn't always noticeable."
Kodius nods.

Vinjince is next.

Vinjince asks, "Is it possible to get the dispel to work against things such as continuous TM or spirit attacks?"
Vinjince says, "Like... Soul attrition, I believe."
Kodius says, "Hmm, interesting idea."
Kodius says, "I'll have to see how Damage over time spells process."
Kodius says, "I don't see why they wouldn't."
Vinjince nods.
Vinjince says, "Also, our anti-locate stuff..."
Vinjince asks, "Would they simply be directed at physical locates?"
Katamba slowly rises above the horizon.
Vinjince asks, "Like companions and familiars? Or possibly Moon Mage locates?"
Vinjince says, "Just wondering if we'll be shunning physical beings or if it'll be an anti-magic thing."
Kodius says, "I don't know how locate functions to be able to say how you'd necessarily block it. I'm thinking if they locate you, and you have a barrier up, it would have to bypass it to

succeed."
Vinjince nods.
Vinjince says, "Lastly.."
Kodius says, "It is entirely anti-magic based."
Kodius says, "The problem is you can't project it, so I need to inquire about the magic theory."
Vinjince nods.
Vinjince asks, "Are nets and bolas still planned? Or some kind of extra feats for thrown weapons?"
Kodius says, "At some point I may just have to code them up."
Kodius chuckles.
Vinjince says, "We'll bug you forever about it."
Vinjince nods.
Vinjince says, "An unfulfilled promise."
Vinjince cackles!
Kodius says, "Oh I know."
Kodius says, "Just expect to share."
Vinjince says, "Alright I'm done."
Vinjince says, "Indeed."
Vinjince says, "For everyone."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "Bows are going to be fun to figure out."

Shanken is next.

Kodius points a speaker's staff at Shanken and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
Shanken exclaims, "Hello!"
Kodius says, "Howdy."
Shanken says, "So two quick questions."
Shanken asks, "Is the new stealth stuff live in test?"
Kodius asks, "I'd have to check, do you have test access?"
Shanken says, "Yes."
Kodius nods.
Kodius says, "I'll try to get an update posted on the test folder then."
Shanken says, "Second question is about poach."
Shanken asks, "What sort of changes are happening with that?"
Kodius says, "Nothing that I am aware of."
Shanken says, "Also i have heard about the possibility of poaching with TM spells."
Shanken asks, "What's the likelyhood of stealth attacks with thrown?"
Kodius says, "Well, calculations for all combat actions and stealth actions are being rewritten."
Shanken pants.
Kodius says, "Sorry if that wasn't obvious."
Kodius says, "Mechanically I don't see many changes taking place."
Shanken nods to Kodius.
Kodius says, "I'll speak to the folks about poach thrown."
Shanken says, "Thank you."
Kodius says, "Looks like that's all."

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/03/2012 10:53 PM CDT
I'm glad you chopped out the gifts. People who didn't attend would have gotten jealous.

Great meeting!
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/03/2012 10:56 PM CDT

Thanks for the log, Caraamon.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/03/2012 11:44 PM CDT
Wait I missed participating and a gift?

Now I am disappointed even more for forgetting.

But thanks for getting that out, it was very informative and very Christmas or should I say Christmass.

Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/03/2012 11:45 PM CDT
>>Wait I missed participating and a gift?

Was an inside joke, there was no gift :)
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/04/2012 07:49 AM CDT
Any chance of a summary? Phone reading means bad logs.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/04/2012 05:10 PM CDT
I'm curious about the 1/3rd passive regen of IF. If we aren't in combat or doing something social and a fight breaks out we will be workin wit 1/3rd of our capable abilities. That seems restrictive?

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/04/2012 05:25 PM CDT
I'll just say at 320 IF skill on test, I can have 5 forms going at once.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/04/2012 07:11 PM CDT
>>Any chance of a summary? Phone reading means bad logs.

Lots of stuff. I'm not sure how much you know about the pending rewrite that hasn't already been detailed on the boards before, so I'll leave that stuff out unless you ask for a broad overview. The highlights I guess would be...

+ Player-made chakrel still planned at some point
+ Most abilities finished and in test, feats to come soon
+ Expertise will probably be reflected in new combat feats (whirlwind, dual load, etc. ) or fancy flourish kills
+ Rp events that were discussed previously will be coming soon

Again I'll be happy to break down the entire rewrite if you like.

>>I'll just say at 320 IF skill on test, I can have 5 forms going at once.

I'm glad to hear that. I was also a little worried about max IF out of combat being only 1/3. Though is this in combat or out of it?
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/04/2012 11:13 PM CDT
>>If we aren't in combat or doing something social and a fight breaks out we will be workin wit 1/3rd of our capable abilities

The system is balanced so you can be effective initially with only 1/3rd your inner fire. I personally hated dying in the old system, and being utterly useless for 20 minutes. Similarly, I hated running out of IF due to a stunlock situation and passing out for an hour....

Pros:

Regen the 1/3rd in minutes, not an hour. So you'll almost always have some IF available if caught off guard.

No penalty for running out of IF with most abilities.

IF is not reduced when magic is cast on you.

1/3rd is still enough to start several forms at once, or one berserk or meditation.

You'll be able to gain IF by killing other players to help with PvP concerns.

Cons:

At the start of a fight you'll have to choose between some of your forms, or only one and a berserk or meditation.

IF above the passive cap will slowly decay, so use it or lose it.

A Barb without IF won't be able to enact Supernatural moves.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 06:36 AM CDT
>>The system is balanced so you can be effective initially with only 1/3rd your inner fire.
>>1/3rd is still enough to start several forms at once, or one berserk or meditation.

Thanks for the lists Kodius - that sounds alright. I think currently I can't start much of anything with 1/3rd heh.

One other question - I know there was some talk at some point about package commands, (I think thieves have this?) that allow you to start multiple abilities with one command? Is that still on the table?

Thanks,

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 09:53 AM CDT
Any reason why we can't have full IF? Last time I checked mana users don't start with 1/3 of their mana bar and have to kill stuff to fill it before they can use their all of their spells. I guess the closest match would be rangers not being out in the wild and losing their bonus... but even then that is simply indicative of the power of their bonus, not removal of access to certain abilities as far as I'm aware.

Could you explain the reasoning behind only starting at 1/3 IF and the reason for the decay over time? What makes our abilities require such a restriction?

On the plus side I'm really liking what I'm hearing about the new abilities so far. Love the idea of mixing and matching bonuses and not having to deal with crazy long stuns once your IF is tanked.

Thanks
--
Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting, he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: That is why no one will remember your name.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 10:37 AM CDT
>>Any reason why we can't have full IF? Last time I checked mana users don't start with 1/3 of their mana bar and have to kill stuff to fill it before they can use their all of their spells.

They also can*'*t actively increase their mana regain in any general way (absent auction quality goods). You can.

>>I guess the closest match would be rangers not being out in the wild and losing their bonus... but even then that is simply indicative of the power of their bonus, not removal of access to certain abilities as far as I'm aware.

Better would be thieves and confidence. Unless I'm ACTIVELY performing confidence actions, it settles back down to neutral. True it still isn't required for activation of abilities.

>>Could you explain the reasoning behind only starting at 1/3 IF and the reason for the decay over time? What makes our abilities require such a restriction?

My guess is the fact that you are the only guild that can with ease, actively build back up your mojo (IF vs Mana vs Concentration) which is used to power your abilities.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 10:53 AM CDT
>>Any reason why we can't have full IF? Last time I checked mana users don't start with 1/3 of their mana bar and have to kill stuff to fill it before they can use their all of their spells. I guess the closest match would be rangers not being out in the wild and losing their bonus... but even then that is simply indicative of the power of their bonus, not removal of access to certain abilities as far as I'm aware.<<

Judging by the little testing I did, it would be either we would either get full IF and be more limited in ability usage or start at 1/3 and be able to work our way up to being able to start up even more stuff.

Since Kodius doesn't seem to mind some stuff getting out, here's what I've had up for maybe 30 minutes of time IG on test.

meditate power
You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 7 sec.

Symbolic representations of your inner fire manipulations begin to form.

The threads of control maintaining your focus, rage and calm are now clearly visible.

You are currently practicing the Bear Form and will hold focus of it for a very long time.
You are currently practicing the Eagle Form and will hold focus of it for a very long time.
You are currently practicing the Buffalo Form and will hold focus of it for a very long time.
You are currently practicing the Dragon Form and will hold focus of it for a very long time.
You are currently practicing the Monkey Form and will hold focus of it for a very long time.
You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

Strength, bow, encumbrance, melee and reflex/defense boosts. And this is only at 320. If the passive limit is increased with IF skill to say 45% IF, I'll probably be able to stick another two forms in there on just start up alone. Personally, if this means after an hour of hunting I can load up and have 8-9 forms going, I'm fine with the slower build up if the alternative is full fire and you get 5 abilities going at once.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 11:02 AM CDT
It wouldn't surprise me that, if IF started at 100%, you'd just have powers scale up to be more expensive.

A better way of looking at it might be that you're at 100% when your bar says 1/3rd, and you're actually capable of hitting 300%.

And I'm sure magic using guilds would gladly take something that boosts their mana pool to 300%.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 01:30 PM CDT
I hope my facated chakral auction longsword will still refresh my inner fire 100% after the new barb rollout.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Bit Player of M'Riss
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 02:57 PM CDT
Oh look. Magdar is posting about IF regen again. YAY repetition!

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 03:00 PM CDT
Thanks for the information guys!

Wasn't aware that thief confidence worked in a similar manner. Very interesting. Looking forward to these changes!

--
Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting, he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 03:44 PM CDT
Yep yep! Items regen manna (that gwith masda (sp) thingie) so there should be an inner fire equivalent.

______
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 03:58 PM CDT
I'm not even entirely sure that gath mysandas are even going to be around in a 3.0 world.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 04:13 PM CDT

Just throwing it out there that kirmhiro draught regens a good deal of mana.

-Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 04:18 PM CDT
>>Just throwing it out there that kirmhiro draught regens a good deal of mana.

It trades stamina for mana. It's not really the same thing.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 04:30 PM CDT
We'll be alright. I'm sure Kodius expects to hear it if something is messed up for us once it's released.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 05:03 PM CDT
>>A better way of looking at it might be that you're at 100% when your bar says 1/3rd, and you're actually capable of hitting 300%.

An even better way of looking at it is that you start at 33.3%, and can only reach 100% in combat.

I wasn't too concerned till he said that the 1/3 would really only be enough to start one berserk out of combat. That definitely seems like a downgrade to me from the current setup, at least as far as berserks are concerned.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 06:15 PM CDT
Gath Mysandas bond to one person and can never be un or rebonded to my knowledge. They absorb mana like a cambrinth, and don't decay. Then at some later time the owner can suck out the mana they put in. That's it. Draughts trade mana for stamina.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Gath_mysanda

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Item:Kirmhiro_draught

5 seconds on elanthipedia found both. Kudos. Neither works the way you want, and it's still entirely irrelevent to both getting the item you want and the point at hand, especially when Solomon himself has said no, and explained his many, many, reasons, at least once a week.

Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 06:26 PM CDT
>>Gath Mysandas bond to one person and can never be un or rebonded to my knowledge.

Nope, read the bottom of the Elanthipedia page. If the owner discharges theirs, another person can use it.

>>gath mysanda contains someone else's mana, that person will have to discharge the energy by invoking it before you can use it. (If the mysanda is only partially charged, the previous user will have to charge it one more time before invoking it.)
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 06:31 PM CDT
Hey! It has been MONTH's not a week or 3 since I last posted about this stuff. Just seems more often!

______
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 06:39 PM CDT
>>An even better way of looking at it is that you start at 33.3%, and can only reach 100% in combat.

X points is the base level. X*3 is as high as it can get. I'm sure if GMs could manipulate front ends properly to show X as 100% and X*3 as 300%, they would. But this seems like an easier solution. It's strictly a matter of perception.

Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 07:05 PM CDT
> This seems a little gimmicky to me.

Eh, confidence might be difficult to explain/analog and I hate to "dumb down" Kodius' work by comparing it to other game's mechs (and by no means to imply that it functions identically), but..

"Need more rage"
i.e. Just think warrior/bear rage system in WoW, except you don't need to warcry to start at 33% filled pool. (So you're never useless)
It's not that gimicky from what I can understand from here.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/05/2012 07:15 PM CDT
>>i.e. Just think warrior/bear rage system in WoW, except you don't need to warcry to start at 33% filled pool. (So you're never useless)

Probably a better analog yes.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/06/2012 07:31 AM CDT
>>i.e. Just think warrior/bear rage system in WoW, except you don't need to warcry to start at 33% filled pool. (So you're never useless)

Interesting thought however I'd like to point out that for each of those classes, Warrior & Druid for WoW and the Barbarian for Diablo 3, each have a way to generate rage/fury/inner fire on demand outside of combat to start up. Does something like this exist for us? Is this something we expect to have as some sort of ability or feat? Sort of a mini, out of combat enrage to juice or hype us up before we start up our abilities and charge into combat?

--
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/06/2012 07:36 AM CDT
>>I'd like to point out that for each of those classes, Warrior & Druid for WoW and the Barbarian for Diablo 3, each have a way to generate rage/fury/inner fire on demand outside of combat to start up.

Did you even read what you quoted?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/06/2012 01:43 PM CDT
Maybe consider regen of inner fire based on damaging hits, if that is too fast, try very damaging hits. Inversly scale the IF gained upon the kill with the amount gained from damaging hits. Cap the amount of IF gained per person/creature. That way players could rough each other up to get psyched up for a fight, or you may be able to come back with more inner fire in the same fight which I like the idea of a lot. And players would feel less like they absolutely have to run to a hunting area all the time.
Re: Meeting Log (long) 07/06/2012 08:11 PM CDT
All I can say is please reserve judgement until you try the system. Making IF easier to obtain will result in a loss of abilities or effectiveness at this point.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes