At Long Last 11/04/2011 03:21 AM CDT
I know it's absolutely nothing to Codiax's achievement of 500 in all weapons... but I am about to hit 400 in my top three weapons! True weapons, parry/MO doesn't count, they're both nearing 500.

After 7ish LONG years of playing the same character, this has made me extraordinarily happy!

Go me! :P

-Healfdene
Re: At Long Last 11/04/2011 04:39 AM CDT
Well done Healfdene, but Fizzickle still won't heal you... ;)

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: At Long Last 11/04/2011 07:26 AM CDT
Grats, Healf!
Re: At Long Last 11/04/2011 01:43 PM CDT
>Well done Healfdene, but Fizzickle still won't heal you... ;)

LOL that's all good. Actually the reason I make Healf get so upset about the PHA isn't because I don't agree with/like them... It's just rather amusing for me personally to see some of their reactions when I do actually die in front of them. It can be amusing. That and his wife is an empath and 99% of the time he gets free healing anyway.

Besides, you can't be friends with EVERYBODY. On another note, if you'd charge less than Yolesi out here on Kresh I might be tempted to pay you... I'm not sure of his rates though.

Healf
Re: At Long Last 11/05/2011 12:34 AM CDT

Great job!
Re: At Long Last 11/05/2011 09:03 AM CDT
LOL. That is EXACTLY why Fizz is the way he is. I can't be friends with everyone, and those who try annoy me anyway, heh.

>>if you'd charge less than Yolesi out here on Kresh I might be tempted to pay you... I'm not sure of his rates though.<<

As far as I know, Yolesi doesn't take poison, just the wounds that result from poison. As far as I'm concerned, my prices have never been exhorbitant, but it's the speed factor that matters. Fizz is (and most of my fellow empaths) are much faster than ANY autopuff anywhere.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: At Long Last 11/07/2011 12:06 PM CST
>As far as I know, Yolesi doesn't take poison

Yolesi is the only auto-puff to take poison that I've run into actually. And he mocks you while he does it. He actually reminds me a LOT of Fizz... especially when he heals a tended body part he mutters to himself, "Amateur" before continuing.

I have to give props to the GM who created him, he always makes me lol when I get healed.
Re: At Long Last 11/07/2011 07:04 PM CST
Good to know, thanks Healf. I had no idea that any of the autopuffs took poison.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: At Long Last 01/12/2012 04:39 PM CST
Congrats Healf

I just hit something of a milestone the other day as well... 400 in my 15th weapon. Not counting parry/mo/offhand.

:-P
Re: At Long Last 01/12/2012 10:07 PM CST
>I just hit something of a milestone the other day as well... 400 in my 15th weapon. Not counting parry/mo/offhand.

Very impressive! I'm pushing like mad to hit 100 at least before E3.0 comes out. After I hit 100 I'm overhauling Healf... yet again. I'm going to train up hiding, Leathers, both plates, and a plethora of more weapons. I've got about 13ish sitting near or at 250, so I'm going to go for weaponmaster. Sadly enough I don't even have Death Dealer yet! I've got about 8 or so sitting right between 60-100 ranks....
Re: At Long Last 01/13/2012 09:18 PM CST
I don't have it yet either...

Crossbows are lame.
Re: At Long Last 01/13/2012 10:09 PM CST
>I don't have it yet either...

Whew, I thought I was the only barb of decent circle who didn't have at least death dealer... I don't mind training crossbows, it's the stupid sling weapons that make me want to pull my hair out...
Re: At Long Last 01/13/2012 10:15 PM CST

I don't have it, I'll never train hx, I just can't.
Re: At Long Last 01/13/2012 10:42 PM CST
>>Crossbows are lame.

Yes they are.

Going to go ahead and ask that some sort of fix be implemented. We waited on 3.0 for a long time.

This issue deserves to be addressed with some swiftness.
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 03:18 AM CST
>>I thought I was the only barb of decent circle who didn't have at least death dealer

Not by a long shot. Pretty far down my list of goals really.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 01:53 PM CST
>>Whew, I thought I was the only barb of decent circle who didn't have at least death dealer...

I'm far from it. But then again, my focus in DR is far from forging or being good with a lot of weapons.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 07:28 PM CST
I don't have it either. Zero interest.

You also see a shiny scorecard and a shiny scorecard.
Obvious paths: none.
> read scorec
A shiny scorecard reads:
"Liurilias - 747"
> read other scorec
A shiny scorecard reads:
"Zerreck - 2456"
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 07:29 PM CST
Put me in the don't care column as well.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 09:56 PM CST
Wow, well... It looks like I can be a barb of great renown without laboring over the weapons!
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 10:01 PM CST
My view of the game as a whole is, if it's starting to feel like your "laboring" your doing something wrong.
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 10:09 PM CST
>My view of the game as a whole is, if it's starting to feel like your "laboring" your doing something wrong.

Emphatically agree.

If you aren't enjoying what you're doing, do something else. It's always disappointing to see people who burn out and quit.

It's the reason I don't hunt anymore, even though I'm a Barbarian. It bores me and feels too much like work.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 10:55 PM CST
>>It's the reason I don't hunt anymore, even though I'm a Barbarian. It bores me and feels too much like work.

Someone needs his mouth cleaned out with a grimy bar of soap!

You also see a shiny scorecard and a shiny scorecard.
Obvious paths: none.
> read scorec
A shiny scorecard reads:
"Liurilias - 747"
> read other scorec
A shiny scorecard reads:
"Zerreck - 2456"
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 11:02 PM CST
>>It's the reason I don't hunt anymore, even though I'm a Barbarian. It bores me and feels too much like work.

I agree, grinding work orders is much more exciting ^_^
Re: At Long Last 01/14/2012 11:06 PM CST
I have no interest in the title. More to the point I never want to touch a sling, staff sling or short staff
Retiring at the Top 01/14/2012 11:20 PM CST
This is it guys: I'm gonna reroll Malkien. I just can't imagine a higher plateau for a Barbarian to achieve.

R>inv hand
In your left hand, you are carrying a burlap rag.

[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]
>ana hand
What were you referring to?
>inv hand
In your left hand, you are carrying a burlap rag.

[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]
>ana rag
You analyze every minute detail of the rag and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a type of finished cloth accessory that is of masterful quality.
The rag is a very easy piece to make.
It was made by someone with abilities close to your own skill.
You find it impossible to identify who crafted this item.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Thanks for all the good times, DR, I leave this masterful rag with you as my legacy.
Re: Retiring at the Top 01/14/2012 11:36 PM CST
The memory of Malkien, master Weaver will live on in song.

I was thinking:
"He was mighty weaver who crafted burlap with hamfisted slap" might do well as a line, what do you think?

_______
Want to be a Necromancer? Use this flowchart. Totally Xerasyth approved.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Ysselt/Necroflowchart
Re: Retiring at the Top 01/14/2012 11:39 PM CST
>>"He was mighty weaver who crafted burlap with hamfisted slap" might do well as a line, what do you think?

I like it. The non-abridged version should include reference to his curious habit of trying to analyze his hands before finishing every product.
Re: At Long Last 01/15/2012 12:09 PM CST
>>My view of the game as a whole is, if it's starting to feel like your "laboring" your doing something wrong.

This entire game is labor when you're not "not training." Which is basically never for most of us.
Re: At Long Last 01/15/2012 12:40 PM CST
<<This entire game is labor when you're not "not training." Which is basically never for most of us.>>

So you enjoy training more than RP? I really couldn't disagree more. I actually enjoy interacting with people and find training to be a bit of a bother.... Too each his own I guess.
Re: At Long Last 01/15/2012 12:46 PM CST
>>So you enjoy training more than RP? I really couldn't disagree more. I actually enjoy interacting with people and find training to be a bit of a bother.... Too each his own I guess.

I'm going to assume you just failed to read the double negative correctly instead of assuming malicious intent.

I enjoy role-playing. However, I've found more role-playing in the one month of SWTOR than in the last 6 of DR.

I'm honestly torn about maintaining my subscriptions.
Re: At Long Last 01/15/2012 12:50 PM CST
Yeah think I read that as like a tripple negative, it was kind of weirdly written. I thought you were saying you felt like it was laboring when you weren't training.....

SWTOR is great, I can find a place for DR and SWTOR however.
Re: At Long Last 01/15/2012 03:36 PM CST
This conversation is starting to have very little to do with Barbarian Events, so let's get back on that topic or wrap it up.

Thanks!

Svafa
_
If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET
** Post Hidden ** 02/19/2012 04:21 PM CST
A post was hidden.

Thanks!
Svafa
_
If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET