Prev_page Previous 1 3
BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 06:10 PM CST
Might want to LURK MOAR before you continue putting your foot in your mouth anymore:

>>you said i knew how to use geni pro einstein... anyone that has geni pro has it for two reasons only and thats for the triggers and afk scripting tools.

Or saving oneself from RSIs. Or many other things. Sounds like you're just protesting a bit too loudly.

>>i havent insulted you one time until now. Alright im gonna guess your around 40 - 60th circle range and since your implying that I couldnt have got the skills that I have without help from a seperate program your kinda saying you cant do what I have in time frame that have so that makes me a better trainer than you and your choice of hunting grounds that you blurted out speaks volumes to your dr gaming IQ.

Wow. Sentences, learn what they are. I'll try my best to actually understand what you're trying to convey here.

I could care less about what circle you are beyond the fact that you, again, show a remarkable misunderstanding about how combat in DR works, for someone who claims to have a 60th circle barb. I never implied once that it was impossible, just highly suspect without other mitigating factors. Bought Trash works also.

I'll be more than willing to up front say I've never had a character over 250's in combat. My overall concern when starting in this thread was the blatant misinformation you were providing to people. I was just speculating out loud after you made several statements that didn't seem to add up.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 06:42 PM CST
The situation from that thread was for a beginner type of character (pre-caracals). Combat is incredibly forgiving in the early stages of the creature ladder when creatures do not have extraordinary offensive attacking or special offensive abilities/spells. The improved experience system allows for a much different training approach then what was seen where one required to be at mind lock for optimum experience pulses.

The guy wrote that he came back after a long period of time and it seems like it.

Although, if it's fun and viable for him, why not?

- Simon
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 07:43 PM CST
The advice, while not the route I personally went, is something that can work adequately for some characters as they tackle the bottom rungs of the critter ladder. However...

Bohlera2, your posting style leaves a lot to be desired, and your bragging about rather unimpressive feats of advancement is not earning you any respect. Please stick to observing for awhile.

Laniea came through some massive doors.
Laniea appears to be aiming at Mesanna with her forester's crossbow.
You praise Laniea's efforts, supporting her with your approval.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 09:52 PM CST
<<<I'll be more than willing to up front say I've never had a character over 250's in combat. My overall concern when starting in this thread was the blatant misinformation you were providing to people. I was just speculating out loud after you made several statements that didn't seem to add up.>>>

Hows it misinformation when I myself am using it to great effect? I havent died one time in combat. I died once from running through a room up by theren and I got shot by a rakash ranger I berserked immedietely to break the stun and got shot again by another one but besides that I havent died one time. Ive danced naked in front of critters doing what you teach people not to. You guys keep sticking to the traditions of the past and keep over training evasion to where you have more than your parry. Im going to over train shield, keep multi my highest skill and keep parry uqual or more than shield. I'll bet I can sit in front of four bristle backs in rossmans at 60th doing what you guys say isnt going to be possible.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 09:53 PM CST
>>I'll bet I can sit in front of four bristle backs in rossmans at 60th doing what you guys say isnt going to be possible.

I urge you to do so and post the results.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 10:01 PM CST
>You guys keep sticking to the traditions of the past and keep over training evasion to where you have more than your parry.

I am a huge proponent of doing things however you think they should be done; this is a video game. That being said, I have ALWAYS had more parry than shield or evasion, and not once have I had any success in training my character by using no evasion @ level.

Evasion is important for a reason. I won't pretend that I really know why, those who understand the mechanics of this game will gladly explain the calculations, but I can assure you evasion is crucial.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 10:04 PM CST
>keep multi my highest skill

Good luck with that.

Formerly Known As Nitish

>Alisyn edges away from you.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 10:09 PM CST
<<keep multi my highest skill>>

Not possible after a certain point, trust me.

Also it's quite possible to stance to zero and berserk stone with plate armor and survive at level... if at level for you is bloodvines or lower. Past a certain point your method will fail.

I find it odd that you can be surrounded by both a mantle of flame and blades of ice.

Shush, it's magic.. suspend your disbelief
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 10:14 PM CST
i never said i wasnt training evasion. Im just holding back on it until my armors are all passed it.

my multi route will be
blood wolves or sand sprites until capped

morah vines and creepers until capped (ht for the unwanted marauders)

small peccaries until capped (HT for the unwanted trolls)

regular peccaries until capped

maybe caracals next? im sure I'll find something to bridge the gap between peccs and bristle backs.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 10:19 PM CST
>>i never said i wasnt training evasion. Im just holding back on it until my armors are all passed it.

I'm trying to figure out which post you think said you weren't training evasion. Maybe you should try reading the posts instead?

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 11:32 PM CST
<<<I'm trying to figure out which post you think said you weren't training evasion. Maybe you should try reading the posts instead?

you guys are making it sound like im neglecting evasion when im not. I just said that one guy can hunt 4 wolves if he swapped his stance around to shield and parry. AND you trying to be a hero got all huffy and said NO NO NO dont do that THAT thats WRONG! 0 EVASION is BAD!

make a character with a combat skill past savant and than get back to me dude.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 11:45 PM CST
>>you guys are making it sound like im neglecting evasion when im not.

No one has said that. As suggested earlier, go back and actually read the posts.

>>AND you trying to be a hero got all huffy and said NO NO NO dont do that THAT thats WRONG! 0 EVASION is BAD!

It is wrong. Do not do it. It is a bad habit to get into. You have to wonder, when everyone say you are wrong, perhaps it's time to contemplate your position.

>>make a character with a combat skill past savant and than get back to me dude.

Put down the bong and get back to me.

Since you don't seem to understand WHY stance evasion 0 is bad, here is a quick and dirty lesson for you.

When an attack is made, it has a number associated with it, well call it an OF (Offensive Factor). Now that OF is checked against several things, in the following order. For the sake of this argument, barrier spells, and spells such as SOP, are not considered.

Active Defenses:
1. Evasion is ALWAYS first. PERIOD. If you do not fully evade, evasion reduces the OF based on how much you evaded (how good you 'rolled').
2. Either Parry or Shield, which ever you have more effective ranks in. If you do not fully parry or block the attack, the OF is reduced (by a much smaller margin).
3. Repeat step two for the smaller defense.
4. Armor is checked.
Anything left over is converted to damage.

The important part above is in step 2/3 is:
If you do not fully parry or block the attack, the OF is reduced (by a much smaller margin).

Effectively, evasion has a multiplier for how much it can reduce the OF for compared to Parry/Shield. Or you could think of it as parry/shield having a fractional multiplier for how much they can reduce the OF. In effect, Parry/Shield do NOT reduce OF at all when compared to evasion on a rank to rank basis. So much so that until the last year or so it was thought to be that they didn't reduce OF at all. Either it was parried/blocked or NOT. If it wasn't full parry, no OF reduction occurred. I would estimate that the reduction is within the rng range.

Which means at lower levels (where you are making the comparison) the differences are negligible, as you are working with VERY low ranks of evasion to begin with, since armor reduces effective evasion ranks, especially at lower armor ranks.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 11:47 PM CST
>AND you trying to be a hero got all huffy and said NO NO NO dont do that THAT thats WRONG! 0 EVASION is BAD!

Actually, everyone is telling you that setting your evasion stance to 0 will get you killed with the quickness. Sure you can do it now against blood wolves. In 100 ranks? Probably not.

>make a character with a combat skill past savant and than get back to me dude.

If you manage to not rage out before you reach the low 200s in combat, get back to us dude.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/22/2009 11:54 PM CST
whats up grim you down to rumble?

I'll transfer darthanyo from my bohlera account to my bohlera2 account tomorrow if you want to have a friendly spar. best 2 out of 3 old school versus new school and if you havent been able to build a character that can beat mine in my 5 year absense i'll laugh. with all the new tools like hunt and no more hiding timers theres no excuse to why a new character cant beat a old system character from 5 years ago.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:01 AM CST
>>I'll transfer darthanyo from my bohlera account to my bohlera2 account tomorrow if you want to have a friendly spar. best 2 out of 3 old school versus new school and if you havent been able to build a character that can beat mine in my 5 year absense i'll laugh. with all the new tools like hunt and no more hiding timers theres no excuse to why a new character cant beat a old system character from 5 years ago.

LOL. This is supposed to prove what? I have no doubt I'd lose. Still doesn't mean you have any idea about how combat actually works.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:37 AM CST
<<<Active Defenses:
1. Evasion is ALWAYS first. PERIOD. If you do not fully evade, evasion reduces the OF based on how much you evaded (how good you 'rolled').
2. Either Parry or Shield, which ever you have more effective ranks in. If you do not fully parry or block the attack, the OF is reduced (by a much smaller margin).
3. Repeat step two for the smaller defense.
4. Armor is checked.
Anything left over is converted to damage.>>>

yeah yeah yeah i know how the system does the rolls. What you are not taking into account is my defenses are and will always be about 10 - 20 circles higher than my level.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:39 AM CST
Aha, I remember Darthanyo now. He beat my character in a spar once.

Then later on my character beat his (despite being about 10 circles smaller) in a spar. Good times.

Vinjince Rexem'lor
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:41 AM CST
Oh yeah, welcome back. I wouldn't suggest placing evasion at 0 (mainly at the upper skill levels) but whatever floats your boat. Do your thing.

Vinjince Rexem'lor
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:53 AM CST
<<LOL. This is supposed to prove what? I have no doubt I'd lose. Still doesn't mean you have any idea about how combat actually works.>>

oh come on man! just in case you change your mind I'll get the ball rolling on the transfer anyways...

p.s.
and fyi almost 40% of my tdps have come from bonus tdps thus far. So with me training 6 armors at level and being able to keep 14 weapons moving since day one. I'll have the stats of a 80th circle barbarian at 60th. I'll be okay man for real trust me I will. MY goal is to beat my friend normans record to 90th in 28 months. I dont know if thats the best record I just know thats what he did it in without afk scripting.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:54 AM CST
>>yeah yeah yeah i know how the system does the rolls. What you are not taking into account is my defenses are and will always be about 10 - 20 circles higher than my level.

LOL. Again. Level/Circle on the whole has nothing to do with this, it was brought up in the first place (especially at circle 16) as an indicator of lower ranks(overall not in relation to circle).

You also cut out/missed the actual important part. GG. Continue putting that foot in your mouth.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 12:55 AM CST
<<yeah yeah yeah i know how the system does the rolls. What you are not taking into account is my defenses are and will always be about 10 - 20 circles higher than my level.

Aside from the fact that circle has nothing to do whatsoever with which creatures you hunt...

Evasion is more effective at reducing incoming attack strength than parry and shield. This is a given. At low ranks its of less consideration because the effective difference only amount to a few ranks and makes it sort of viable.

Once you start getting into higher ranks, however, the difference becomes hugely noticable. The higher in ranks you get, and when using a 0% evasion stance, the more your parry/shield has to outclass the mobs in order to achieve the same attack reduction effect as an at-level 100% evasion would.

Eventually (and this happens far sooner than you seem to think) you'll reach a point where you won't even be able to defend against the weakest creatures that you can learn parry/shield from using just parry/shield and 0% evasion. Evasion has to be part of the mix at that point. Its pointless if your parry/shield outclass your opponent when you can't learn anything from it.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 05:49 AM CST
Well it's interesting.....Let us know when you get to a critter where you can't stance shield/parry anymore, I'm curious

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 07:00 AM CST
This whole topic is nonsense. Alright, he gave his advice, its bad advice, but whatever.
You can get away with that tactic at any level and not die, but, is it worth the extra time and work to make it not flat out kill you? ....
No..
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 07:55 AM CST
Shield/Parry stance with staff sling ftw.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 08:24 AM CST
<<I'll transfer darthanyo from my bohlera account to my bohlera2 account tomorrow if you want to have a friendly spar. best 2 out of 3 old school versus new school and if you havent been able to build a character that can beat mine in my 5 year absense i'll laugh.>>

I think I wanna see this. You can fight my ten month old character too if you want.

I find it odd that you can be surrounded by both a mantle of flame and blades of ice.

Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:04 AM CST
>MY goal is to beat my friend normans record to 90th in 28 months.

That is pathetically easy with all the EXP changes.

Formerly Known As Nitish

>Alisyn edges away from you.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:52 AM CST
<<>MY goal is to beat my friend normans record to 90th in 28 months.

I think Redeth used to brag she hit 80 in less than 3 months or something like that completely atk.

Then promptly got busted for afk scripting and left in a nerdrage.

Good times.

-Evran

Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 04:03 PM CST
Dude. Darthanyo wasn't that good. He got completely clowned at the Kaith Kirm in 1 hit. It was embarrasing to watch. I know, because I had to win our 4on4 without you.

Talk smack at the cem or the xing bank spars.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 07:57 PM CST
<<<<Dude. Darthanyo wasn't that good. He got completely clowned at the Kaith Kirm in 1 hit. It was embarrasing to watch. I know, because I had to win our 4on4 without you.

i never said he was that good and no he did not get beat in one hit...

ochhi watched me from the start of the match. as soon my panther danced rt ended i couldnt hide because the dudes good i mean their team placed second afterall. I actually took about three hits. Darth was 44th in a tourneyment class capped at 50th and YOU guys asked me to fill in at the last minute so you would have the four people.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 07:58 PM CST
and no you lost dude stop lieing our team got annialated
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 08:09 PM CST
<< That is pathetically easy with all the EXP changes.

yeah I think I can do it in lil over year. Not having to keep skills at mindlocked to get the max pulse is pretty sweet.

everything in the game is about hundred times easier to do now than it was about 5 years ago.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 08:26 PM CST
<<<Dude. Darthanyo wasn't that good. He got completely clowned at the Kaith Kirm in 1 hit. It was embarrasing to watch. I know, because I had to win our 4on4 without you.

Talk smack at the cem or the xing bank spars.

alright you've had 5 years to build your character up. So yeah you are stronger than darth NOW but back at the time of the kaith kirm darth coulve beat everyone that was on his team at the same time... the team that beat us had a beast named occhi even with darth's 220 hiding and panther going he could see darth hide. NO ONE on my team could see me hide, unhide, hide, unhide about twenty times. I KNOW cause i tried on everybody in the game to gauge their strength. Im not even sure I know who you are but im if you are who i think you are dude you were scared to spar me back than even though you'll never admit it now. Darths skills for his level and at that time were damn good. Their was only two people darths level that beat him easily everytime one was vinjince with his nasty LT and perception and the other was person was not you.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 08:39 PM CST
Again, you should probably stick to observing on the forums rather than posting four times in a row.

And again, contact me (VashirDR on AIM is easiest) and we can see how your uber character stands up to my Barbarian. This is my tenth month playing him.

Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:10 PM CST
<<<Again, you should probably stick to observing on the forums rather than posting four times in a row.

And again, contact me (VashirDR on AIM is easiest) and we can see how your uber character stands up to my Barbarian. This is my tenth month playing him.

Ive gotten my new characters perception to almost 110 in 16 days. It took people months to do that when i stopped playing... You want to spar a barbarian built in a time where it was harder to train all pvp skills. WOW your really good. Tell you what I'll see if I can pass you with jaguarz and if I can than we will know who the better trainer is.

and sorry about the posting repeatedly but that dude had got me heated and I still had more to say after every post.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:22 PM CST
You realize that for about half the time I've been training Vashir we were still under the old exp system, right?

<<whats up grim you down to rumble?>>

<<I'll transfer darthanyo from my bohlera account to my bohlera2 account tomorrow if you want to have a friendly spar. best 2 out of 3 old school versus new school and if you havent been able to build a character that can beat mine in my 5 year absense i'll laugh.>>

If you don't want to fight people, stop asking to.

Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:32 PM CST

<<<You realize that for about half the time I've been training Vashir we were still under the old exp system, right?

Nah I didnt know that. Furthermore I dont want to fight anyone. This all started with me telling someone that going off the stats he posted i thought he should be able to handle 3 - 4 blood wolves if he changed his stance over to parry /shield, shield/evasion. Anyways a person with 250 in combats started giving me hell for trying to help so i stepped to that person thats all it was... Tell you what why dont you roll up another barbarian and in... lets say 2 months we will spar with our lowbies just to see whos better at training barbarians. That seems like a more fair contest.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:41 PM CST
>>Anyways a person with 250 in combats started giving me hell for trying to help so i stepped to that person thats all it was...

I actually didn't start giving you hell until you let your ignorance and (incredibly ill placed) ego show. Other than that I was trying to prevent you from spawning bad habits in people.

The fact that multiple people have pointed out how wrong you were and the fact that you don't understand how combat works yet you still continue you spout off at the mouth speaks volumes about you.

>>and sorry about the posting repeatedly but that dude had got me heated and I still had more to say after every post.

Vashir's advice is sound advice for this kind of behaviour.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:42 PM CST
National Geographic: Diseases of the Human Body

One of cholera's most distinctive traits is excessive diarrhea. Closely related, bohlera exhibits the verbal kind.

-Evran

Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 09:44 PM CST
It would be more fair, but I'd rather not sacrifice two months of training time to really train a new character. Furthermore I wouldn't go so far as saying I'm 'good' at training Barbarians, considering Vash's embarassingly low hiding, skinning, and box skills.

Re: BOHLERA2 11/23/2009 10:07 PM CST
>Furthermore I wouldn't go so far as saying I'm 'good' at training Barbarians, considering Vash's embarassingly low hiding, skinning, and box skills.

Skinning is the biggest mistake. I shall shower myself in coins while you continue to gain nothing for your endeavors.
Prev_page Previous 1 3