Magic Arguement Redux 03/15/2009 05:34 PM CDT
Well since you brought it up (and to salvage some of my ego)...

>>the answer has been said repeatedly that Barbarians do not have inner fire when they are dead and so they resist nothing

So what? Are you saying that the only bad magic is the magic you resist? Isn't that like a paladin saying "it's only evil if I get a soul hit"?

There are inherent coding limitations to the penalty systems. Just because it doesn't activate doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Magic Arguement Redux 03/15/2009 06:11 PM CDT
Your IF would resist it if it were "bad magic," just as a Paladin's soul would resist doing something evil. So, yes. If your IF doesn't resist it, it's not bad.

Factoring coding limitations into your IG/IC ethics is obscenely OOC.
Re: Magic Arguement Redux 03/15/2009 06:34 PM CDT
<<So what? Are you saying that the only bad magic is the magic you resist? Isn't that like a paladin saying "it's only evil if I get a soul hit"?>>

If you want to role-play that magic is evil or bad no matter what, than that is your choice. In fact, that is what you are doing so I know it's your choice. However, just because we resist magic does not make it evil. How we as players translate what is evil for our characters is up to ... <prolonged drum roll> the PLAYER.

<<Factoring coding limitations into your IG/IC ethics is obscenely OOC.>>

^- Exactly.

- Simon