Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/17/2008 03:23 PM CDT
So someone came in my room and started bashin my gobs, I gave about 5 minutes of warnings...but nothin.
So he got the hammer.

You ask, "you there?"
>look at
[Aesry Surlaenis'a, Geshiger]
You notice a triple-fluted arrow, a triple-fluted arrow, a splotchy snow goblin, a triple-fluted arrow, an oak crossbow bolt, a comely snow goblin (dead), a squat snow goblin (dead), some copper coins, a bronze coin, a small star diopside, a small green zircon, a deeply gouged oaken caddy, a smooth river rock, some copper coins, a bronze coin, a small green zircon, some copper coins, some copper coins, a bronze coin, a medium rock crystal, a medium clear topaz, some copper coins, a small green zircon, a smooth river rock, a smooth river rock, a smooth river rock, a pale goblin hide and some junk.
Also here: Father Ezly
Obvious exits: west, down.
>peer w
You peer west and see ...

[Aesry Surlaenis'a, Geshiger]

Obvious exits: east, down.
>
Ezly kicks his steel-toed footwrap at a splotchy snow goblin. The footwrap lands a very heavy hit that turns soft belly-flesh a bloody red with a blow to the abdomen, lightly stunning it!
>
A splotchy snow goblin stumbles about with a glazed look in its eyes.
>
Ezly moves into a position to parry.
>
Your rage burns harshly, quickening your step and reactions.
>
The triple-fluted arrow lodged in a splotchy snow goblin loosens a bit.
>ass
You assess your combat situation...

A splotchy snow goblin (1: badly balanced) is facing Ezly at melee range.
Ezly (off balance) is facing a splotchy snow goblin (1) at melee range.
>
Ezly steps backward and then jabs at a splotchy snow goblin.
>
With a loud crack, a web of crystallization spreads through the goblin's frozen body as it shatters.
>
Ezly stalks around a splotchy snow goblin in a circle.
>
Your rage burns harshly, quickening your step and reactions.
>throw ez
>
The snow goblin moves into a position to dodge.
>
You turn to face Ezly.
< You throw a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Ezly. Ezly barely blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The hammer lands a heavy strike that breaks the right femur with a sickening crunch of splintered bone.
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!
[You're shaky, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>get ham
You pick up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
>throw ez
>
A splotchy snow goblin feints high at Ezly.
>
< You throw a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Ezly. Ezly partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The hammer lands a good strike to Ezly's chest.
[You're shaky, nimbly balanced and in good position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
>
Ezly kicks his steel-toed footwrap at a splotchy snow goblin. The footwrap lands an extremely heavy hit that turns soft belly-flesh a bloody red with a blow to the abdomen!
A splotchy snow goblin stares at you stupidly for a moment, before its eyes roll backwards into its head. The creature's skin turns frosty blue, taking on an icy appearance, as it falls to the ground with a thud.
>
A toothless snow goblin lopes in, exhaling clouds of vapor.
>
The snow goblin runs down.
>get ham
You pick up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
>throw ez
< You throw a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Ezly. Ezly barely blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The hammer lands a heavy strike that turns soft belly-flesh a bloody red with a blow to the abdomen, stunning him.
[You're winded, shaky, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
>
Ezly just left.

DAMN triggers!!
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/17/2008 10:55 PM CDT
Too bad you stunned him first :(
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 05:47 AM CDT
not only afk scripting, but afk scripting badly. most people in tf that script combat-afk regularly have prompts or things that tell if there's another person in the room.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 08:26 AM CDT
>>Isn't logging out to avoid PvP combat ruled as Mechanics Abuse?

No, logging out to avoid death in a CvE environment is
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 08:37 AM CDT
Logging out during PvP is just lame and brings shame upon those who invoke such a tactic.

-Galren Moonskin

>>Now watch closely, everyone. I'm going to show you how to kill a god. A god of life and death. The trick is not to fear him.
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 08:41 AM CDT
>Logging out during PvP is just lame and brings shame upon those who invoke such a tactic.

He didn't purposely log out during PvP in this case though. His script just logged him out because he was stunned.

________
-Rmel-
________
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 08:51 AM CDT
>>He didn't purposely log out during PvP in this case though. His script just logged him out because he was stunned.

Yeah I saw the log - talk about piss poor scripting abilities. I could roll my face over the keyboard a few times and come up with something that at least checks to see if folks are in the room.

My previous post was just a general comment thrown out there to show my disgust of people who log in PvP. :)

-Galren Moonskin

>>Now watch closely, everyone. I'm going to show you how to kill a god. A god of life and death. The trick is not to fear him.
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 08:56 AM CDT
>>I could roll my face over the keyboard a few times and come up with something that at least checks to see if folks are in the room.

My cat typed that trigger for me in TF.
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/18/2008 12:42 PM CDT
<<Yeah I saw the log - talk about piss poor scripting abilities.>>

Yeah, it gets worse....the script will actually use a weapon and then hide for minutes on end and then re-attack with a different weapon..... ....like I said i was trying to get his attention for quite some time.
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/19/2008 10:10 AM CDT
Good for you man. We noticed that dude dying a lot yesterday and was wondering why.

___
~Ternith Sjomah

Yolesi snorts and says to you, "Looks like you've been on a samatak binge. That's illegal, even in these parts, and I don't want any part of that trouble."
Re: Who says you have to be nice to the clerics? 04/19/2008 01:08 PM CDT
<<Good for you man. We noticed that dude dying a lot yesterday and was wondering why.>>

Yesterday I was actually there as well, but I was just an observer....not sure HOW he died the first time, but apparently he was afk scripting and died, was dragged to the fissure where he laid for quite some time. Then his body disappeared...about 1 minute later, he was struck down again. Where? who knows because no one dragged him out... Then he reappeared in the fissure and he was alive....and he actually said that "I couldn't do anything for a long time" (obviously an excuse) Then he died, because none of his wounds were healed from the previous Death (he bled out) Not sure if all that sucked up 3 favors or not, but something buggy was going on. who knows. I left shortly after.