Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 01:33 PM CDT
The True Path has setup shop in TF a couple times, the warpaint merchant left TF around when it left Prime from what I can tell.

This item in particular was for an event, that happened, in Prime, for a character, in Prime.

Seriously, this seems to come up all the time when TF gets a lot of the same opportunities for items.

Overall is there less GM interaction in TF? Yes.

Does that mean that gasp, less in person merchants overall? Yes.

Did you know this when you signed up? I sure hope so since it was talked about all the damn time.

QQ

I am --- Navak
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 02:11 PM CDT
Navak,

We all know everything that you just posted. The question was, when the true path merchant comes around again, can it make an appearance in TF?

I would not expect to get shark teeth because a few were handed out at an event in prime, that would be an unreasonable burden on the event gms. However, when a merchant is going to set up shop for a few days, there is no reason they can't copy over to TF too.

But as for your attitude towards TF, its really unwarranted. It may not even bear repeating, but many of us (such as myself) are not troublemakers stuck in TF. In fact, I have had just one warning on my account ever, something like 6 years ago. I just choose TF because I like it there.

And for the 15,000th time, no GM police != no GM interaction.

One last thing, my complaint is that the owner of a merchant can choose not to bring it to TF EVEN IF OUR GM IS WILLING TO DO THE WORK FOR IT. Corii isn't allowed to do that for us, so I think its a legitimate complaint.

You know, I respect you for your knowledge of the game and the way you carry yourself on the boards, but comments like the ones you've made are frustrating...
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 03:28 PM CDT
<<One last thing, my complaint is that the owner of a merchant can choose not to bring it to TF EVEN IF OUR GM IS WILLING TO DO THE WORK FOR IT. Corii isn't allowed to do that for us, so I think its a legitimate complaint.

A great deal of work goes into merchants, as I am sure you are aware. There is also a great deal of work that can and does go into shops as well, at any given time. Some of us have even built RP (GASP ;) into our merchants and/or shops as part of them being open to the public, there may be many things and or issues you are unaware of, another reason it can be bad to assume. I am unsure where you get your information or why you state the things you do as fact, but that is neither here nor there. My only point here is that GMs in total, I feel safe in saying, take our merchants items and creations very seriously and it is seldom, if ever just a case of.."Heck it is an easy to do thing, but let's say NO cause they are in TF!" This ends the informational part of our post :)

GameMaster Niamah
Barbarian Liaison

"Give them nothing, take from them, everything!"
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 04:57 PM CDT
First off, thanks for the serious response.

>A great deal of work goes into merchants, as I am sure you are aware. There is also a great deal of work that can and does go into shops as well, at any given time.

Of course I don't know exactly what it takes to set up shop, but if it isn't already easy to copy this between instances perhaps some background work should be done to make it possible.

>Some of us have even built RP (GASP ;) into our merchants and/or shops as part of them being open to the public,

I think we would prefer to have the merchant even if all the RP was dropped completely. Something is better than nothing after all.

>there may be many things and or issues you are unaware of, another reason it can be bad to assume. I am unsure where you get your information or why you state the things you do as fact, but that is neither here nor there.

Well, when we've asked in the past about getting certain merchants in TF we've been told that the GM in charge of the merchant denied us. Also, when I was requesting premium merchants make an appearance in TF as well, I was told that it was up to the GM in charge of the merchant. So I'm only stating it as fact because that's what I've been told by other GMs. I'm not trying to pull a J'Lo here...

>My only point here is that GMs in total, I feel safe in saying, take our merchants items and creations very seriously and it is seldom, if ever just a case of.."Heck it is an easy to do thing, but let's say NO cause they are in TF!"

Well that is good to hear! It is easy to think otherwise because we often feel like we're treated like the unwanted instance of the game, usually by players, but not always.
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 05:59 PM CDT
From TF's home page

Experience DragonRealms: The Fallen, a new gaming experience based on the award-winning DragonRealms. Although the world and game may look the same at first, you'll soon see that life in The Fallen is quite different because there is virtually no GameMaster moderation or intervention!

GM intervention != GM police action alone. GM intervention means the full gamut.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 06:43 PM CDT
>GM intervention != GM police action alone. GM intervention means the full gamut.

Maybe in your mind, but that's not what the word intervention means.

Intervene -

: to come in or between by way of hindrance or modification <intervene to stop a fight>

: to interfere with the outcome or course especially of a condition or process (as to prevent harm or improve functioning)

: to occur or lie between two things

Should TF not get combat updates because it takes a GM to put them in? Let's be real here. You don't play TF, why do you care what perks we get?
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 06:54 PM CDT
>You don't play TF, why do you care what perks we get?

Doesn't TF have its own boards?

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 08:10 PM CDT
TehFoolers begging to get event merchants from Primates, is the same as Primates begging for event merchants from the Platypi

I am what you will be.
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 08:18 PM CDT
>Doesn't TF have its own boards?

Yes, which most GMs probably don't read.
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 09:07 PM CDT
Boo hoo! I pay to play a game with minimal GM intervention, which apparently includes minimal GM run events and minimal GM attention on our boards. Let me come over to the boards of people who pay for GM involvement and intervention and complain.

True, I don't play TF. I play prime. Always have. Always will. And frankly, I care because this primate is tired of you super scripters soiling up our boards with your whining and crying because SOMETHING isn't ported over to your fricking instance.

Learn the fact that you can either have your cake or eat it, not both.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 09:18 PM CDT
>Boo hoo! I pay to play a game with minimal GM intervention, which apparently includes minimal GM run events and minimal GM attention on our boards. Let me come over to the boards of people who pay for GM involvement and intervention and complain.

Again, no intervention != no GMs ever. You know, I pay more than you so this arguement doesn't do it for me.

>True, I don't play TF. I play prime. Always have. Always will. And frankly, I care because this primate is tired of you super scripters soiling up our boards with your whining and crying because SOMETHING isn't ported over to your fricking instance.

You know, I played prime for years too. Now I have less free time so I play TF. Big deal. Three or four posts really got your panties in a twist. It was a simple request, and frankly I don't care if you don't want to read it. IGNORE AUTHOR ZONKAR, and you're done.

>Learn the fact that you can either have your cake or eat it, not both.

No, I won't stop posting reasonable requests for TF because it offends your delicate sensibilities. TF is the instance that I enjoy and I will continue to try to lobby on its behalf.

Seriously Maulem, why the hate? Frankly, its rediculous.
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 09:33 PM CDT
Personally, I don't care about merchants, shops, or fluff. I play TF and I need just a few things... Weapons and Armor. I've got a paladin with forging factors well over 500 for all metal armors, and a barbarian with forging factors well over 500 for all edged weapons. The only problem with this is that weapon forging is busted, while armor forging remains the same as it always has been.

Occasionally, we get a nice GM in TF to bring us some unique items. Get over it, I am.
Re: Whiney TF Barbs 05/02/2007 10:24 PM CDT
Folks,

This conflict folder is not for conflicts with instances of the game. Unless TF is a barbarian that I've never met, can it, if you please.

Thanks,

Wixs

With any questions or comments, feel free to contact me (Mod-Wixs@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Message Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net).