In response to the post by Human-Tog... 04/17/2007 01:00 AM CDT
>>He did NOT state that. Lets get that right eh Renwulf? He said it was not an impossibility for it to be out before this year ended. He never once stated, they would be hard pressed to get it out this year. Check back over what he posted.

I'll grant you that my wording there was slanted. But cmon,, stuff takes time. It's game for crying out loud. If someone is going to ask when Forging 2.0 is coming out... early 2008 is a sound bet. The dual wield demon haunting Ssra is in its death throes - but we all know how dangerous wounded beasties are.

>>In how many ways do the GM's have to post, they are going to fix it, wether you like how they fix it or not? It will get fixed.

Well you see this is why I posted. I step back, and see a lot of smoke. I just want a fan hehe. Maybe I'm the only one confused, and that's fine. I've seen no indication that things will be fixed. But maybe they aren't even broken (for folks with 150-400FF), and the barbarians I know that can't grind with FFs from 150-400 are all doing something wrong.

Now, to me Oolan's post was saying, "Look I fixed one thing, broke another, and for now we are going to leave it like that". I was fine with that (I WAS pushing to have the changes reverted, but I understood what happened).

But then when Niamah posted that you CAN grind stuff - when I don't know of anyone that's been able to grind since the system broke, I got confused.. and perhaps a little excited.

>>And as Oolan stated, he's surprised anyone has been able to with the code he's looked at. So as it stands, its been buggy with grinding since day 1.

Sometimes a system relies on its bugs to function. It happens all the time in my line of work :P Does it make the system any less valid though? I mean, for years now we've forged and used this system. Folks have built their in-game lives around it. I actually found the system to be quite sensible and fun. The math isn't terribly bad, and once you've played with it for a bit - most of it makes sense. I was really in no rush to get forging 2.0...

>>I can't say or do anything more. I play a barb. Is my barb hurt by this? Well. umm...duh? But at the same time, things will get worked out. Patience grasshoppers.

It annoys me that you had to come post here after we just hashed all this out in IMs. Cmon man, show some respect :( I'm not here to cause trouble. Niamah's post seemed to indicate that things...might be back to normal now. I guess we'll see. This will be my last post on the issue. I don't see a reason to keep discussing it further at this time. In any event - Here's to 2008, year of the Lores!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!