Re: Circling to 200th 03/17/2007 10:22 AM CDT
All i can say is, don't i pay an extra 5 bucks a month? And why are you so concerned about my computer getting skillz for me? R u jealous that u r a hapless techno wenie that couldn't write himself a script to walk from the west gate to the ne gate in crossing? Back to the topic at hand... Like denz said, it's already been stated that the cap will be 200, we were just wondering if they had that as a goal in 2007? or should we be expecting it by 2010. No one really cares when it actually happens. Mind your P's and Q's, for if they ever, EVER let our realms merge, for even 1 hour, u will be hard to replace at the top of my list.

thxplzdrvthru

player of Achilles
Re: Circling to 200th 03/17/2007 10:44 AM CDT
The lack of GM interaction, and the lack of meaning for skills in TF is probably why I'd never play there. Reaching 200th circle wouldn't do anything for me there. If I afk script in TF and get 800 ranks of weapon, it hardly means anything at all to me. Whereas if I train and get 300 ranks of a weapon in Prime it means much more in my opinion. I'd much rather kill the whiny people who report all the time... it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I think I'd like to extend the cap to 200th only because of the 180th ability of being able to berserk and dance. If they chose to move that ability to 150th then I'd be fine with the cap being 150th.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Circling to 200th 03/17/2007 11:21 AM CDT
while TF'rs can script 24/7 I'd like to point out why "I" play. Scripting is a big part no lie about that I've been able to do things in TF i would never have been able to do in prime. Not because of a lack of dedication but because DR is a hobby and as such priorities always come first. Family, Health, Home and friends. I'm a recent father and an planning on buying my first home soon which means I work alot also. SO as such I dont have the time to devote that some of you in prime do.

Secondly I came to TF with mediocre scripting skills. Now I have scripts that run the gammot from combat skills using various weapons to activities that handle all the mundane typing of repeatative skills and activities. I take great pride in testing, writing and finally seeing a script to its fruitation.

Thirdly. For the community. TF is a close knit community alot closer than most folks in prime know. We give away stuff (tanned & forged armors, forged weapons, 100's of plats and items). We help one another, We tourney occasionally and even have events once in a blue. Yep occassional deaths happen its part of the game. Sometime folks need to be humbled but in the end TF'rs will stick together.

and finally,
So I don't have to listen to GM reporting, rules lawyers, snerts trying to impose thier Third Reich Approach to RP and dictate to me what is and isnt good RP.

So before spouting off and making ASSumptions try TF for what it is and you just might find that you like it and might be as suprised as many of our newest players are.

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Circling to 200th 03/17/2007 12:16 PM CDT
>>So before spouting off and making ASSumptions try TF for what it is and you just might find that you like it and might be as suprised as many of our newest players are.

There's no GM interaction in TF. No wars, no storylines, no form of RP at all. If I want to just PvP all the time then I'd be playing another game. Granted, if you knew me then you'd know I love PvP. Spars, tourneys, conflicts, it's all wonderful. But in the end I wouldn't feel like there's any true meaning to playing the game. It'd be like playing a vs. console game all the time. After awhile I just want to stop and go through some sort of "mode" or "storyline".

I'm not spouting off, but I do think I know what I want for myself more than anyone else does. Writing scripts isn't really fun for me either. Yes, I only know how to do basic combat scripts with matches, etc... but that's only because I don't care to learn anymore about it.

Also, I hardly have too much time for DR either, I just don't have the obsession to be the highest and/or impatience for advancement through the guild. If my character never reaches 150th circle, so what? If he's not the strongest, so what?

Don't get me wrong, I do have my frustrations with Prime that I probably wouldn't have with TF. I'm not claiming Prime to be better, just saying that it's the best for me.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Circling to 200th 03/17/2007 03:24 PM CDT
If the 150th circle cap hasn't stopped you from training, why does it matter?

So you've hit the circle cap on that character. Start another one and get to 150th in another Guild. Already done that? Do it for all the guilds.

I tried TF a little while ago. Yeah, it was nice to be able to script all night while I slept or all day while I was at work, but Vinjince has it pegged. So I was able to reach levels of skill with there in a week in TF that took me several months in the other instances. And? It really meant nothing to me. The novelty of it wore off rather quickly.

TF, to me*, is little more than a chatroom with Dragonrealms mechanics to play with while you chat.

* Pay extra careful attention to this: "to me." This is only how I feel. This may not be how anyone else feels, and that is certainly fine. I just don't want anyone to get their TF panties in a bunch.

Fuquois
Re: Circling to 200th 03/17/2007 08:21 PM CDT
I actually enjoyed TF when it first started, this huggily smoochy TF which has existed for the past year and some is not so much fun.

I am --- Navak
Re: Circling to 200th 03/18/2007 01:23 AM CDT
>>If the 150th circle cap hasn't stopped you from training, why does it matter?

For simplicity sake, 50 circles X 250 tdps = mega bmr increase. More importantly as someone else mentioned, when I can berserk and dance at the same time then I could care less about ever circling again.

>>I tried TF a little while ago. Yeah, it was nice to be able to script all night while I slept or all day while I was at work, but Vinjince has it pegged. So I was able to reach levels of skill with there in a week in TF that took me several months in the other instances. And? It really meant nothing to me. The novelty of it wore off rather quickly.

I agree, raising a skill to a certain level has zero payoff if there's no playability with it. Its a shame there isn't a larger population with lower level characters training in your bracket for pvp. I would blame simu for that but thats a whole different converstation.

>>I actually enjoyed TF when it first started, this huggily smoochy TF which has existed for the past year and some is not so much fun.

I have to agree with that as well. I think for most people TF started off as a place for those who were bored with prime and wanted to push the envelope of DR. In my case it was no rules pvp and I think most people wanted to see how this would playout. The majority of my friends who've quit TF left because of the pricing. The payout just wasn't worth it anymore.
Re: Circling to 200th 03/18/2007 11:42 AM CDT
>>I think I'd like to extend the cap to 200th only because of the 180th ability of being able to berserk and dance. If they chose to move that ability to 150th then I'd be fine with the cap being 150th.

I wouldn't want the ability on the capped circle. Remember, our abilities generally suck at the circle you receive them, compared to what they are 20 or 30 circles later.

-Gavyn

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
Re: Circling to 200th 03/18/2007 03:43 PM CDT
>>For simplicity sake, 50 circles X 250 tdps = mega bmr increase. More importantly as someone else mentioned, when I can berserk and dance at the same time then I could care less about ever circling again.

Can you imagine all the BMR??? I want it to be harder to kill me, i need more tdps!!!! ::drool::

Q: If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, why practice?

A: To be better than everyone else.