Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/05/2006 01:58 PM CDT
<<I get a kick out of people virtually giving out demands to the Barbarian Liason and expecting him to be amenable to that.>>

No one "is giving out demands" to anyone. They are offering their opinions on this particular subject. There's a huge difference. Yes, people are aware of the answer of forging stamps being given after Forging 2.0, but that doesn't stop people giving whatever opinion they have. Just like it doesn't stop you from listing your opinion.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/05/2006 02:12 PM CDT
>No one "is giving out demands" to anyone

I knew it would be coming from someone (and it surprises me little that it's you, Simon, even though you were one of the few who couched it as a request rather than a demand), so I had prepared this list:

"Give Gurt his stamp back already"
- THORBURN

"Give him his stamp back!"
- APMILLER

"Give Gurt back his Stamp!"
- PUCKTIN

"Give Gurt his stamp back!"
- CUBE30

"GIVE GURT HIS STAMP BACK!!!"
- WITCHRAVEN

"Give Gurt his stamp back!"
- GRINOM

"Give him his stamp back."
- COVERG

"I agree, give it back to him!"
- MANESSC

"Give him his stamp back ... Geeezzzzeeee"
- MMGUY

"Give gurt his stamp back, you dont have to wait till after the rewrite unless your going to remove everyone's that currently has one."
- COUGAR2

"Give Gurt the stamp back!"
- YOUNG11

"Give him his stamp back,I would say time has been served"
- ZOULEN

More than a dozen people doing nothing more than demanding. Some gave explanations of why their demand seems reasonable to them, but that changes the tone of it little. "Do this!" is always going to be recieved more poorly than "Could you do this?" will.

-Fuquois-

"I've been too rich in my words and too cheap in my wine."
-Wildebeeste
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/05/2006 04:09 PM CDT
Thank you for preparing the list, Hall Monitor Fuquois. Your opinion was sent in for further analysis of whether everyone else gives a damn. I'll let you know the results at a later time.

- Simon

Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/05/2006 05:08 PM CDT
Fuquois funneh

:oP Ragran
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 03:25 AM CDT
>Thank you for preparing the list, Hall Monitor Fuquois. Your opinion was sent in for further analysis of whether everyone else gives a damn. I'll let you know the results at a later time.

Hahaha. Maybe if you'd utilized such blistering wit in the 'Give Gurt his Stamp' thread, he'd already have his stamp back along with a signed letter of apology from D.W. himself! I mean, seriously... you've put me in my place. I'm humbled, for real. Such a withering reply. Really. I'll never be the same again. Ever.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 03:38 PM CDT
<<I'll never be the same again. Ever.>>

You've played Plat. So the above statement is redundant.

- Simon

Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 03:45 PM CDT
>You've played Plat. So the above statement is redundant.

Such rancor. Hardly fitting for such a seemingly upstanding kind of guy.

Plat says, "Why use your venom on me?"

Seriously, though. Just because I don't like you and you don't like me, there is no reason to get catty over what instance of Dragonrealms is played by whom.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 03:48 PM CDT
<<Plat says, "Why use your venom on me?">>

If you thought that was me giving you "venom", than I don't think you and I should be conflicting. You'll just end up alone, crying in the corner of the room. Better run along and play with your dolls and tea set.

- Simon

Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 04:05 PM CDT
Rawr. Kitty have claws.

My point was that Plat and Prime have nothing to do with this dispute. I said the people in the thread would do well to remember they're talking to the GMs (who, as I mentioned, hold all the cards). Demanding is bad; requesting is good. You puffed out your chest, prompt to rise to the challenge, and declared, "No one was demanding anything from anyone! Die!"

I was right. You were wrong. Then the argument digressed to petty little jabs based on your percieved inadequacies of Prime versus Plat.

Translation: You hate me because I'm beautiful. This is not uncommon, and I hold no ill will toward you for that.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 06:56 PM CDT
There is a difference between a demand and a statement. "Give him his stamp back" does not constitute a demand, unless screamed in an unwaivering tirade. Seems to me like you're grasping at straws to pick an unnecessary conflict.
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 08:53 PM CDT
>"Give him his stamp back" does not constitute a demand, unless screamed in an unwaivering tirade.

If you believe that is the only way a demand can be issued, then that's your problem. I will say this, however. A "demand" is this: Give Gurt his stamp back. A "statement" is this: Gurt should be given his stamp back.

No need to thank me; I'm happy to help.

>Seems to me like you're grasping at straws to pick an unnecessary conflict.

There was no conflict until someone else attempted to assert that there was no demanding going on. If no one cares about my opinion, as Simon claims, then no one should have responded to my straw grasping. No replies, no conflict.

My advice to all those who disagree with my viewpoint: Ignore Author is your friend. You'll probably be much happier just not reading my posts than trying to argue against plain and simple fact.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 11:22 PM CDT
>If you thought that was me giving you "venom", than I don't think you and I should be conflicting. You'll just end up alone, crying in the corner of the room. Better run along and play with your dolls and tea set.

S-A-R-C-A-S-M

>>"Give him his stamp back" does not constitute a demand, unless screamed in an unwaivering tirade.

>If you believe that is the only way a demand can be issued, then that's your problem. I will say this, however. A "demand" is this: Give Gurt his stamp back. A "statement" is this: Gurt should be given his stamp back.

I have to agree, although the punctuation could have been done better. I believe Gurt should get another stamp, but I doubt demanding will do any good. Take Valcer and the Thief guild for example....

Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/06/2006 11:41 PM CDT
<<Translation: You hate me because I'm beautiful. This is not uncommon, and I hold no ill will toward you for that.>>

Ok, I got this great cartoon show idea. You play as an effeminate cat (the role fits you well) and are paired up with this evil fish. Hey, it worked for Family Guy. Give it a shot.

<<My point was that Plat and Prime have nothing to do with this dispute.>>

True enough. You're the only annoying player from Platinum.

- Simon

Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 01:16 AM CDT
>You're the only annoying player from Platinum.

It's all for you, Damian! <jump>

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 07:22 AM CDT
I hate semantic arguments. They're so boring.

His punctuation was fine.

And for the love of God, his list quoting everyone that was demanding was funneh! Sheesh wot a bunch of thin-skinned ninnies.

Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 09:26 AM CDT
>You're the only annoying player from Platinum.

I feel so unloved.... :-(

But yeah, I'd also like to take this opportunity to join the mob in demanding Sam's Apprentice Necromancer title back.

"What God abandonned, they defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay."
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 10:15 AM CDT
>And for the love of God, his list quoting everyone that was demanding was funneh! Sheesh wot a bunch of thin-skinned ninnies.

I agree it was funny. Simons attempts at funny just came off as cry-babyish.
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 12:02 PM CDT
Yeah, who cares about semantics. It's only the entire meaning of your post.

I am --- Navak
Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 12:20 PM CDT
<<I hate semantic arguments. They're so boring.>>

<<His punctuation was fine.>>

<<And for the love of God, his list quoting everyone that was demanding was funneh!Sheesh wot a bunch of thin-skinned ninnies.>> - Me

I defy you to point out any portion of this post in which i comment on any semantic issue. Except the thing about his punctuation and his quotation.

Re: Gurt Still doesn't have his stamp back? 06/07/2006 09:42 PM CDT
>I defy you to point out any portion of this post in which i comment on any semantic issue. Except the thing about his punctuation and his quotation.

Now you are just arguing semantics.

Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology.

-Friedrich Nietzsche