Prev_page Previous 1
Not genius 12/23/2005 07:24 PM CST

>>besides, it would all be very impressive if the skills were worked for and earned, anyone can activate a script then go to bed or watch TV

Are you saying it takes some sort of rare genius to sit there and repeatedly enter the same commands?

Never implied that at all but it takes a lot more work and a lot more effort to work for skills instead of just zombie for em heh

Thanatarr
Re: Not genius 12/23/2005 08:32 PM CST
Personally, I'm not a genius when it comes to combat scripting, all the variables, triggers, etc...I'll tip my hat for having all those skills. I generally use weapon scripts if I'm using something really boring (like SS or QS) and some utility-stuff, but that's about it.

I don't play TF, but I do appreciate the level of sophisication on those players abilities and serves as a model for Prime to see how far the game can go. I remember the 'day the world crashed' with the rampant use of unclochi (sp) buckets.

Script away, doesn't really concern me.

Regards,

Kalkomar Axebiter
Staan Grimis
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 09:59 AM CST
>>Never implied that at all but it takes a lot more work and a lot more effort to work for skills instead of just zombie for em heh

So what you're trying to say is that your box of toothpicks is better than his because you spent a year whittling branches down to toothpick size by hand while he had a machine do the work for him in a day? It's not impressive that you spent 7, 8, or however many years of your life building up your character. Get over yourself.

Auroch clamps his fist around your forearm and hauls you over for a merciless Barbarian greeting. Stifling a grimace, you wonder if you'll ever wield a weapon again.
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 11:55 AM CST
<<So what you're trying to say is that your box of toothpicks is better than his because you spent a year whittling branches down to toothpick size by hand while he had a machine do the work for him in a day? It's not impressive that you spent 7, 8, or however many years of your life building up your character. Get over yourself.>>

So what you're trying to say is; that your scripted character is more impressive than the characters of folk's that put character into their characters? I am impressed by folks that dont combat script. Ain't heard anyone come on the boards and say "You know, I am impressed by how well you have scripted your character (cept TF)..."

I enjoy squashing anyone's scripted monkey around my circle just to prove what a poor training method it is. Come prove me wrong, I will wear a cute yellow dress for the rest of my Elanthian life and donate 100 plat to the new arena fund. We can spar melee or grappled or ranged or hunt or forge, or fold cute lil paper things or just drink and you can enlighten me about how good you are.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming scripts.
Send these, the homeless, script-tossed to me.
I will liberate their souless spirits."

You are Death's Messenger Sleigher Dahorrid of the Rissan Home Guard, a Prydaen Barbarian.
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 12:23 PM CST
Its apples and oranges. You cannot possibly compare TF characters to Prime characters. On a side note, to pretend our prime characters could take any TF players' is a laugh. They'd wipe the table with us. That doesn't make us inferior, or them cheap for scripting, its the nature of the beast. TF and Primer are seperate games for a reason.

On a side note, if you could see the elaborate scripts the TF guys make, you'd be very very impressed. You'd think it'd be constant zombies running around, but theres actually a ton of interaction in TF (with the chatter verb.)

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 02:48 PM CST
Personally the majority of the enjoyment I still get from this game is writing more and more complex scripts for any and all reasons. From combat scripts to survival to simple things like information scripts. Currently I'm writing a title script so that when I see someone wearing a title like Hunter I can just type .title Hunter and see what skills are needed for the title.

I'm also writing a script that tells me what all the verbs on my cloak look like to observers to improve my roleplaying.

Scripting is just fun to me whereas typing things by hand is boring (and painful).

-Teeklin

"I am a leaf in the wind. Watch how I soar."

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 04:29 PM CST
So what you're trying to say is that your box of toothpicks is better than his because you spent a year whittling branches down to toothpick size by hand while he had a machine do the work for him in a day? It's not impressive that you spent 7, 8, or however many years of your life building up your character. Get over yourself.

It's a hell of a lot more impressive when someone actually shows a lil dedication and hard work than takin the easy way out and just runnin a script and walkin away. so maybe ya should shut yer yap and maybe YOU should get over yerself.

Thanatarr
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 06:04 PM CST
You won't find much respect from me as a scripter for a few reasons. For one, these really complicated combat training scripts are usually written by one or two talented peoples, and just handed down or copied by the rest of the leeching bunch of scripters.

Very few people can actually write good, clean, scripts. The rest are just cut and pasters, variable changinging, hand me down, scroungers. Those that can, I will acknowledge are talented in their knowledge and ability to write good code, but that still doesn't make thier character impressive. It is a mechanized process, that is meant to generate expected results. For instance, I can write batch scripts to do things for me in Windows too. Say, to rewrite a bunch of file names. But knowing that it was scripted, no body comes in an goes, "Wow, look at how many files you renamed." No, the impressiveness is more in my ability to make something to do that. It's results however, are to be expected.

The other reason it doesn't impress me, is because it's happening in Prime. How impressive is one's skills from TF to another person in TF? Not that impressive at all when you really look at it. They may differ from person to person because everyones script may be a little different. But the numbers don't show much else, other than the amount of online time the person has, which hand me down scripts he may possess, and what skills he chose to train. They are not that impressive because they are in an environment that allows everyone else to work under the same conditions.

And last I checked, not all that many people really play TF, and those that do, claim it's boring, because everyone is just scripting. So what do they do, quite a few of them come back to Prime. Joy. Thanks Simu.

Prime, without the disruption of afk scripting within an environment that should not harbor scripting, would be much the same. But these people are essentially breaking environment rules. Which to me is synonymous with cheating, and cheating is not impressive. Some people respect that, others do not. Thats why I say, you want to script, go to TF. The funny thing is they don't want to do that. They want to feel like they actually are somebody. Not just average with everyone else who is allowed to be scripting. Which in the end makes them lame.

~Van
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 06:37 PM CST
Heh well said Bro. and for those of you that use scripts while yer at the computer I never intended to lump you in with the zombies so i apologize if ya thought I did. the ones I'm talkin about are the AFK scripters. in my opinion they are a bunch of losers that script up real high so that when they finaly decide to learn how to play the damn game they can be snerts with near impugnity.

Thanatog
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 09:46 PM CST
>>I enjoy squashing anyone's scripted monkey around my circle just to prove what a poor training method it is.

Scripting is only limited by your imagination. My scripts train just as well as manually typing it in. I honed my training along time ago when I graduated from prime.

>>Its apples and oranges. You cannot possibly compare TF characters to Prime characters. On a side note, to pretend our prime characters could take any TF players' is a laugh. They'd wipe the table with us. That doesn't make us inferior, or them cheap for scripting, its the nature of the beast. TF and Primer are seperate games for a reason.

You have a good perspective on things. It was never my intention to brag, I just wanted to give a comparison and show what can be done when your hands aren't tied behind your back. The flaming started when they tried to compare themselves to me.

>>And last I checked, not all that many people really play TF, and those that do, claim it's boring, because everyone is just scripting. So what do they do, quite a few of them come back to Prime. Joy. Thanks Simu.

I've only known one serious TF player to actually return to prime and that was to train a character to pawn off. Most TF'ers came from prime originally for the no rules for fighting, but the server just evolved into the scripting that occurs today. Those that quit TF for the most part quit DR, because they've already pushed the game to its limits.

>>in my opinion they are a bunch of losers that script up real high so that when they finaly decide to learn how to play the damn game they can be snerts with near impugnity.

You need to reassess a few things about prime and how certain players interact with GMs and how a good deal of your higher circle people have actually gotten there. I can guarentee only a few have done it legitimately.
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 09:57 PM CST
<<On a side note, to pretend our prime characters could take any TF players' is a laugh. >>

Not necisarily, I would think people that are presemt day in and day out, typing in commands, or macros with their characters have much more versatility and good judgement with their characters then ones that are not....just from pure experience being there, and battling out 'tough' enemies and learning what to do when you're losing a battle. I would assume that most TF players fight in places they are pretty sure they will rarely ever die, while prime characters will tend to fight at level or sometimes a bit above level for extra experience or fun. So like someone said it's apples to oranges, but same circle vs. same circle, my money would be on the prime character, just because of the person controlling them.

That aside, there are probably TF players well experienced as well, so I am not saying ALL, just better than avg.

Codiax.

p.s. Merry Christmas btw, its 12:00 am eastern right now :)

Why kill yourself when you can kill others
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 10:40 PM CST
>So like someone said it's apples to oranges, but same circle vs. same circle, my money would be on the prime character, just because of the person controlling them.

I don't know about other folks, but I have scripts for hunting people. They're terribly usefull in invasions when you are hunting the bad guy leaders and just as usefull for hunting player ran characters. My money would be on the the TF player.
Re: Not genius 12/24/2005 10:54 PM CST
Depends on the training style. I'd say people in TF tend to train for circling moreso than people in Prime; so if you were to pit two people of equal circle against each other, one from TF and the other from Prime, the one from Prime probably would have more ranks overall, more TDPs, and higher stats.

But I'm sure there are plenty of people in TF who way overtrain their circling requirements too.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"That is why I have chosen DR and stayed with it for 2-6 years. Time is confusing to me." -Aiwix

PS: Oh my god they're called IMs. They're not pigeons. Nor are they pidgeons or pidgions or pidgins.
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 12:42 AM CST
>>just from pure experience being there, and battling out 'tough' enemies and learning what to do when you're losing a battle.

You give text way too much credit. I would steam roll over 99% of prime with death shriek. The other 1% I could take out with my tert weapon. This is just strictly speaking by skill comparisons. Pvp skills are another matter, and while I can't make generalizations about you guys now, I think I can safely say I have far more experience of REAL pvp experience than most of you. You guys seem to be under the wrong impression that TF is all about scripting. It was mostly pvp for me for the first two years.

Raging Fury, a Rakash Barbarian, has:
Killed 423 other adventurers.
Been killed 82 times by other adventurers.
Total infamy score: 303732956

>>Depends on the training style. I'd say people in TF tend to train for circling moreso than people in Prime; so if you were to pit two people of equal circle against each other, one from TF and the other from Prime, the one from Prime probably would have more ranks overall, more TDPs, and higher stats.

I train for pvp. Anyone who doesn't train combat in TF is pretty much a nancy moonmage, which is of course the easist guild to circle/script and easiest to get into pvp mode because of MB. That guild laughs in the face of all the combat balancing and always has. At least burn got fixed I guess.

I've been pushing for a hardcore quest that goes into TF and gives you the option of copying over your prime character, or having a customized 150th character for you and your friends to invade with. Unfortunately no one seems to be listening otherwise we could have some fun.
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 02:57 AM CST
>>So what you're trying to say is; that your scripted character is more impressive than the characters of folk's that put character into their characters? I am impressed by folks that dont combat script. Ain't heard anyone come on the boards and say "You know, I am impressed by how well you have scripted your character (cept TF)..."

I play in Prime and the only combat script I've ever used was for backtraining a bunch of weapons in a hunting area that held 0 danger for me, so don't assume things; you know what they say. Anyway, it's still idiotic to say your character is better than a scripted one just because you typed your commands by hand. A rank is a rank is a rank is a rank is a rank.

>>I enjoy squashing anyone's scripted monkey around my circle just to prove what a poor training method it is. Come prove me wrong, I will wear a cute yellow dress for the rest of my Elanthian life and donate 100 plat to the new arena fund. We can spar melee or grappled or ranged or hunt or forge, or fold cute lil paper things or just drink and you can enlighten me about how good you are.

How exactly is it a poor training method again? It still gains you ranks, or do you get some sort of "super ranks" for not using scripts? A "scripted monkey" with identical skills as you is going to put up the same fight as you (player skill differences aside). Besides, circle is a poor indicator of a character's power when you intentionally don't level up when you can and/or train certain combat skills up to the number of ranks required to be 10-20 or more circles higher than your character currently is.

BTW, my character is level 25, so trying to pick a text fight with me isn't going to prove anything.

Auroch clamps his fist around your forearm and hauls you over for a merciless Barbarian greeting. Stifling a grimace, you wonder if you'll ever wield a weapon again.
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 03:05 AM CST
>>Prime, without the disruption of afk scripting within an environment that should not harbor scripting, would be much the same. But these people are essentially breaking environment rules. Which to me is synonymous with cheating, and cheating is not impressive. Some people respect that, others do not. Thats why I say, you want to script, go to TF. The funny thing is they don't want to do that. They want to feel like they actually are somebody. Not just average with everyone else who is allowed to be scripting. Which in the end makes them lame.

I didn't see anyone defending or supporting AFK scripting in Prime.

Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 09:32 AM CST
<<Anyway, it's still idiotic to say your character is better than a scripted one just because you typed your commands by hand. A rank is a rank is a rank is a rank is a rank.>>

That statement right there tells me flat out you have no idea at all what the differences are (imagination). I would bet the price of a ship if you brought a 62 barb from TF, I would wipe the floor with him, and at 25th I would have not even bothered pulling out a weapon to whip your scrawny carcass. There are a lot of prime characters that could kill scripted characters at the same levels. The simple fact that you are using a script to train screams out that you do not have the patience to do it yourself, that lack of patience is why a scripted character will circle faster and be less skilled for it. Or, I could be wrong.

<<Besides, circle is a poor indicator of a character's power when you intentionally don't level up when you can and/or train certain combat skills up to the number of ranks required to be 10-20 or more circles higher than your character currently is.>>

Nice, it points out the lack of imagination perfectly. Circle is only a poor indicator if you happen to be joe average barb, for the rest of Elanthia a barbs circle tells you exactly what his primary weapon skill is and is the best indicator we have for a persons ability. You cannot fathom a different way to be a better character which is why all combat scripters will always be losers and girlie barbs. You may claim anything you wish, but I am willing to put my money where my training is.

You are Death's Messenger Sleigher Dahorrid of the Rissan Home Guard, a Prydaen Barbarian.

Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 09:47 AM CST
>Anyway, it's still idiotic to say your character is better than a scripted one just because you typed your commands by hand. A rank is a rank is a rank is a rank is a rank

>>That statement right there tells me flat out you have no idea at all what the differences are (imagination).

You're quoting the other guy but responding to my post so I'm not sure what your point is. However, for the sake of curiosity why don't you inform of us how typing it out my hand makes a rank better than a scripted rank. Unless of course you work out really hard just so you can type hard too so your weapons hit harder also.
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 10:15 AM CST
I assume sleigher is referring to OOC player experience, both with generalistic aspects (ie, a 62nd barb) and ones much more personal (ie, Sleigher's 62nd barb). As hand-trained characters generally level much slower due to a variety of factors (player fatigue, more time between commands, etc), they spent more time familiarizing themselves with the little quirks and nuances of each ability/rank/skill/etc they acquire.

This, however, should be something any player of any type approaching Sleigher's career, skill, and understanding of the game would already know so I can only assume he's just acting like Diomid.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 10:17 AM CST
Actually, I think what Sled means is that a character trained by hand likely has a wider variety of 'unnecessary' skills in greater quantity at a given circle than a TF character. Also, people in prime tend to operate under the (mistaken) belief that you acquire some sort of prestige if you abstain from circling and are 'more powerful for your circle'. Personally, I'd rather be 80th with X amount of combat skills than 60th with X amount of combat skills, since those 20 circles of TDPs are typically very helpful.

But eh. People.

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 10:21 AM CST
<<Anyway, it's still idiotic to say your character is better than a scripted one just because you typed your commands by hand. A rank is a rank is a rank is a rank is a rank.>>

That statement right there tells me flat out you have no idea at all what the differences are (imagination). I would bet the price of a ship if you brought a 62 barb from TF, I would wipe the floor with him, and at 25th I would have not even bothered pulling out a weapon to whip your scrawny carcass. There are a lot of prime characters that could kill scripted characters at the same levels. The simple fact that you are using a script to train screams out that you do not have the patience to do it yourself (except for those with medical reasons), that lack of patience is why a scripted character will circle faster and be less skilled for it. Or, I could be wrong.

<<Besides, circle is a poor indicator of a character's power when you intentionally don't level up when you can and/or train certain combat skills up to the number of ranks required to be 10-20 or more circles higher than your character currently is.>>

Nice, it points out the lack of imagination perfectly. Circle tells us within 6 ranks what a barbs best weapon skill is and is the best indicator we have for a persons ability. Its only a poor indicator when you have been on the receiving end of a butt-kicking by someone that is a lower circle. Who is this guy I always hear of that intentionally doesn't level up when he can? I would be happy to spar with him. You may claim anything you wish, but I am willing to put my money where my training is.

Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 10:27 AM CST
>>Actually, I think what Sled means is that a character trained by hand likely has a wider variety of 'unnecessary' skills in greater quantity at a given circle than a TF character.

Again, that's something he should already know and is a part of the OOC player experience. Most scripters are not doofuses who know next to nothing about the game and/or scripting and who just want to get deep into training mode in just 2 minutes of leechwork.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 01:16 PM CST
I'm not sure why you responded to my post twice (an attempt at added emphasis maybe?), but I'll just reply to your second post.

>>That statement right there tells me flat out you have no idea at all what the differences are (imagination). I would bet the price of a ship if you brought a 62 barb from TF, I would wipe the floor with him

And that statement right there tells me flat out you have no idea what you're talking about. Scripting does not automatically make people in TF or Prime not know how to train their characters, nor does it mean they only follow the minimum required ranks for any given circle. A scripted level 62 barbarian could very well have the same ranks as you, so, once again, tell me how your super "typed in" ranks are better than scripted ranks.

>>and at 25th I would have not even bothered pulling out a weapon to whip your scrawny carcass.

That's great, your 62nd Barbarian can beat my "scrawny" level 25 Barbarian. I'm impressed. Want a prize?

>>There are a lot of prime characters that could kill scripted characters at the same levels.

And there are a lot of scripted characters that could kill prime characters at the same levels. And a lot of prime characters are scripted characters. A lot are even AFK scripted characters. I'm not implying that anyone is doing that now, but as has already been pointed out, most of the super high level characters were, at one point, trained this way. Regardless, it proves nothing.

>>The simple fact that you are using a script to train screams out that you do not have the patience to do it yourself (except for those with medical reasons)

Do you completely lack reading comprehension? I already stated that I don't generally use combat scripts to train. The one exception being running SFHunter for a few hours to train most weapons that I had 0 ranks in up to about 35 or so.

>>that lack of patience is why a scripted character will circle faster and be less skilled for it. Or, I could be wrong.

You're wrong. Scripting has absolutely zero to do with how much skill the player or the character has. Someone could just as easily make a script that trains all 22 weapons up to ungodly ranks as they could to make a script that let's them train to the guild's minimum requirements, so please, shut the hell up.

>>Nice, it points out the lack of imagination perfectly. Circle tells us within 6 ranks what a barbs best weapon skill is and is the best indicator we have for a persons ability. Its only a poor indicator when you have been on the receiving end of a butt-kicking by someone that is a lower circle.

When I say it's a poor indicator, I mean that it tells nothing about how the character is trained. They could be 62nd at guild minimum requirements or they could be trained like yours and most other characters nowadays with way more defenses than is required for their circle. What I'd like to see, however impossible it may be, is a matchup between two characters not of equal circle, but rather, equal time spent training. One who is set up like your character with X ranks in however many weapons and defenses way above their circle, and another that was simply power-leveled at guild minimums. Think you could take down a 100th barbarian that was power-trained to the guild minimums?

>>Who is this guy I always hear of that intentionally doesn't level up when he can? I would be happy to spar with him. You may claim anything you wish, but I am willing to put my money where my training is.

Countless times, I've read people state on these boards about how they were holding off on circling until they met a personal goal of X ranks of whatever skill or some other crap like that. I even seem to remember seeing you post something like that before. Of course, I could be wrong on that since it was a long time ago. I've also seen others do the same when there's an upcoming circle based tournament, and if they circled again, they'd get bumped into a higher bracket where they, gasp, might actually have fight someone of the same skill rank as them.

Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 01:17 PM CST
>>Again, that's something he should already know and is a part of the OOC player experience. Most scripters are not doofuses who know next to nothing about the game and/or scripting and who just want to get deep into training mode in just 2 minutes of leechwork.

Should, but apparently doesn't.

Re: Not genius 12/25/2005 01:31 PM CST
Naaaaa

When you script one that can come hunt with me then I will be impressed and will bow to your wisdom.
Re: Not genius 12/26/2005 09:22 AM CST
>>Circle tells us within 6 ranks what a barbs best weapon skill is and is the best indicator we have for a persons ability.

Not necessarily.

You have enough Secondary Weapon (Twohanded Edged) for Circle 54 and need 4 (240) ranks for circle 55
You have enough Primary Weapon (Heavy Edged) for Circle 58 and need 6 (314) ranks for circle 59

Brabs

Ternith whispers to your group, "the Barbarian never retreats...the warrior will take use of falling back to a better position to kill."
Re: Not genius 12/26/2005 04:46 PM CST
I've had better conflicts between two origami...while I was holding both of them.

I am --- Navak
Re: Not genius 12/27/2005 09:05 AM CST
I don't script combat much either, if for nothing else I don't want people thinking I'm a zombie. Some people like Teek are into the scripting, I personally would prefer if scripting was cut out of the game entirely. I know SIMU probably can't afford to do that though. :(
Re: Not genius 12/27/2005 09:31 AM CST
>>I don't script combat much either, if for nothing else I don't want people thinking I'm a zombie.

That's about the biggest drawback I can think of at the moment. Trying to roleplay while the script is rolling on sometimes people end up with the wrong impression (That I'm AFK). Someone comes in and waves or hugs me and I try to hug them back only to be caught in RT. They stand there while I'm stuck and run off right before it ends and it leaves em thinking I'm AFK when really I just don't want to have to stop the script and restart again.

But script checks are easy to pass cause they last for 10 minutes.

-Teeklin

Re: Not genius 12/27/2005 05:44 PM CST
<<I've had better conflicts between two origami...while I was holding both of them.>>

After giving you the smackdown barehanded vs your best weapons I would tend to think you should try to stay away from conflicts, or perhaps use the empaths conflict folder.
Re: Not genius 12/27/2005 07:33 PM CST
>>After giving you the smackdown barehanded vs your best weapons I would tend to think you should try to stay away from conflicts, or perhaps use the empaths conflict folder.

That was a fight in the pit, I have to fight somewhat fairly there. I tend to avoid "fair" fights since they're that much easier to lose.

I am --- Navak
Re: Not genius 12/27/2005 07:55 PM CST
The pit ain't about fair. The pit is about entertaining the crowd by disposing of your opponent in the most visually gruesome way possible.

Gladiator Maulem~

"The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead." ~Ternith
Re: Not genius 12/27/2005 09:31 PM CST
<<That was a fight in the pit, I have to fight somewhat fairly there. I tend to avoid "fair" fights since they're that much easier to lose.>>

That is a pretty twisted view of fighting. What do you do "cheat" every time? Do you script combat? Maybe you should just conflict with your origami. A pretty colored lil animal in each hand playing roshambo sounds about right. Maybe if we get em wet you can roar your way out of em.

conflict that
Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 04:57 AM CST
>>That is a pretty twisted view of fighting. What do you do "cheat" every time?

There's a difference between testing your skills and having a conflict.

In a real conflict you do whatever it takes to win.

-Teeklin

Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 05:42 AM CST
>In a real conflict you do whatever it takes to win.

In the pit, the only 2 skills or abilities barbs are limited by are ranged (ok, dual load) and hiding. Where is the rub?
Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 06:26 AM CST
Oh Slaris, you know better. tsk tsk

~Player behind Korutu
Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 07:13 AM CST
I'm not sure how to take that comment, Kor. I'll assume I'm wrong. Please enlighten me in the context of a barb "cheating" inside or outside of the pit.

Without those 2(3) things, is anything really different?
Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 12:01 PM CST
>>That is a pretty twisted view of fighting. What do you do "cheat" every time? Do you script combat?

Scripting combat wouldn't be cheating anyway but no, I usually don't script combat. Nothing I do is "cheating" because cheating would equal mechanics abuse.

When facing someone that is 10+ circles above me and has primary combat skills for however many more, Navak isn't going to just walk up and slug it out which is what happens in the pit. Of course since you brought it up it is true you wouldn't fight in the pit with roars.

Navak has the skill to kill anyone in the game, just a lot of those have very limited choices (like kill on depart/raise/overwhelmed multi situation) etc...

When Navak goes out to kill someone, he goes out to kill someone, not play patty-cake.

I am --- Navak
Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 01:03 PM CST
<<When Navak goes out to kill someone, he goes out to kill someone, not play patty-cake.>>

It sounds like a lotta playing around to me there big guy, ye got singing an origami an patty-cake all goin on. More swingin, less singing maybe.
Re: Not genius 12/28/2005 01:13 PM CST
Now THIS is more like it! Continue! ::munches his popcorn and watches the show::

Gladiator Maulem~

"The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead." ~Ternith
Prev_page Previous 1